[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going on my first /out/ing in Zaleski state park with my girlfriend.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20170531_123358.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_123358.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Going on my first /out/ing in Zaleski state park with my girlfriend. The total trail is about 25 miles and we're going to be there for 3 to 4 days. She will be bringing the tent, ,stress and stove. This is a mockup of everyhing I packing in my ruck and relatively the order and position it's packed in. How'd I Do? Any changes or suggestions? I'm a backpacking virgin pls be gentle
>>
>>1028145
I have no idea why it flips this picture upside down
>>
Serious question. Why are you spending 3-4 days on a 25mi trail? If you walk a little over 6mi per day, that'll take you 4 days. At 3mph, that's only 2hr of walking per day. What are you going to do for the other 22 hours each day?
>>
>>1028145

>Water
Should be able to carry between 1 to 2 liters of water at least. Should have some method of procuring more water from the trail. A good solution is the Sawyer mini water filter. If that doesn't work, you can also use water purification tablets, or simply boil the water. Boiling takes a lot of time though, you have to wait for it to cool down, then you have to pour it through a filter (coffee filter or bandanna) to get the burnt ash out.

>Food
Should pack 1,500 Calories a day at the very least. I would avoid canned foods because:

1) The metal is heavy, and since you can't litter, you have to carry it with you.
2) The canned food has a lot of water content that also makes it heavy.

I recommend relatively dry foods like granola, cereal, summer sausage, energy bars, Spam, etc... You could also carry cookable foods like dried egg powder, rice, oatmeal. Since these foods are dry, they require water to supplement or cook, which hopefully you can procure from the trail.

>Fire
Bring a couple of Bic lighters and a book of matches.
>>
>>1028167
serious question, what makes you think op has any idea how to plan for going /out/? look at his gear.

or, just as likely, op's a troll.
>>
>>1028167
That's how long it recommends it will take. Zaleski trail has loops instead of a trail so your will be backtracking which adds distance.

>>1028184
Camelback holds Tapout that much, will also bring nalgene. Have bickering lighter and waterproof matches. I won't be taking all canned food but I brought a bunch for the sake of packing to feel for the weight and space of it all
>>
>>1028184
>to get the burnt ash out.
Are you boiling with hot rocks or something?
>>
>>1028264
>Are you boiling with hot rocks or something?

Am I doing something incorrectly? I make a campfire, put the water in a 1 liter pot, and boil it on the coals. It's impossible to prevent burnt wood and ash from getting into the pot.
>>
>>1028187
>everybody look at me I'm condescending jackass
>>
>>1028296
>Am I doing something incorrectly?
apparently. though i have no idea how you're managing to fuck up boiling water. it's actually a bit impressive.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.