[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you're in the middle of fucking nowhere by yourself.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: nowhere.jpg (418KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
nowhere.jpg
418KB, 1280x1600px
Say you're in the middle of fucking nowhere by yourself. You're miles away from civilisation, when you see silhouette of a man in the distance. What do you do?

Would you approach the man and greet him, would you walk away and go about your business, or would you observe him with apprehension?
>>
I would go about my business irregardless of which way I was walking or what I was doing. Who gives a rat's tits.

OR: make contact and work together like link related

https://youtu.be/AsmvCGg85wM
>>
Watch and make sure he's not a threat... or a Samsquantch. Or a Skin Walker. Or a Squantch Walker. Darn threatening Squantch Walkers.
>>
>>1027757

Would it even cross your mind to greet the man?
>>
i've gone there in the first place to be alone, so i dont greet him. in fact i flip him off and run away
>>
>>1027757
>irregardless
Hi there, Dubya.
>>
File: 1390143838881.gif (3MB, 250x167px)
1390143838881.gif
3MB, 250x167px
>>1027754
kinda depends on the base line. am i in bumfuck norway or bumfuck afganistan?

but observe then judge maybe approach if it looks ok. like a guy going fishing, not a axe murderer
>>
>>1027881
What if it's an axe murderer goin' fishin'
>>
>>1027754
Skallaboosh Skallaboosh I do the fandango
>>
Depends of it I think it notices me. Probably just move on and sleep with my rifle loaded and safety off
>>
File: 1463201329497.gif (266KB, 478x369px)
1463201329497.gif
266KB, 478x369px
>>1027754
Is he... staring at me?
>>
>>1027922
well that would be obvious since he would murder fish with his axe
>>
>>1028037
Not necessarily
>>
>>1027754
I go to the outdoors for space, if I see someone else I let them enjoy their space too

but if I see someone who looks like they are following me I pick good ground and act friendly
better that then deal with them at night or several days later
>>
Why would a random guy out in the middle of nowhere threaten you? What would he have to gain by fighting you?
>>
>>1028611
I'd much sooner trust a outdoors than anyone in town
but that being said you get some strange folks everywhere, I'd only me really concerned if I saw someone /out/ who was visibly unequiped for the terrain, because that's when mental illness and drifters come to mind

some people who are unwell just wander around like stray dogs
>>
>>1027754
>Say you're in the middle of fucking nowhere by yourself.
There's no such thing as "the middle of nowhere" anymore. This is 2017, not 12,000 BC. You can no longer escape the reach of civilization.
>You're miles away from civilisation,
"Miles away" is a pretty low bar to pass for a given location to be "in the middle of fucking nowhere." Near where I live, there are lots of people who will leave their office chairs on Friday only to put themselves dozens of miles from civilization by Saturday night, and then be back at work in suit and tie by Monday morning - and not always on the weekends, but some people can take quite a bit of time off in the week, so it's not like these people you find out in the woods are guaranteed to be "mountain men."

>when you see silhouette of a man in the distance. What do you do?
>Would you approach the man and greet him, would you walk away and go about your business, or would you observe him with apprehension?
The answer is, like with most things, "it depends." Are you really "in the middle of nowhere" or are you out on the trail, or just off the trail, recreating in some area where people are known to go hiking or hunting? Is it private property? If so, whose and why are you there?

I mostly go into the outdoors to recreate. Therefore, my attitude is often to assume that the people I see there are kind of like me. I'll be friendly with people I meet on the trail, or in their campsite if the trail passes close to them - or something comparable. If I'm within calling distance, I'll often wave or say "hi." But why would I walk far out of my way just to say hi to someone when it's not like either of us is lost or anything?

>>1028630
>some people who are unwell just wander around like stray dogs
That's not really true. Human life requires a lot of energy, and independent life in the wilderness requires a lot of highly skilled labor. It's not something that would come naturally to any old schizo off the street.
>>
>>1028298
if he does kill with a axe, how can he be a axe murderer
>>
>>1027991
Thunderbolts and lightning
Very very frightening
>>
>>1029207
He could be an actual axe murderer. Like, maybe he murders axes. With, like, an angle grinder and fire.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.