[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does /out/ drink untreated water? Do you trust it above

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: timber.webm (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
timber.webm
1MB, 320x240px
When does /out/ drink untreated water? Do you trust it above a certain elevation? When it's seeping through rock or sand? I'm guilty on both counts, thankfully never gotten sick. Any "shitty" stories?
/webm unrelated
>>
>go /out/
>find clean river
>Collect water and filter it with sawyer mini
>Still paranoid about viruses, heavy metals and pesticides
>hot as fuck
>5km uphill
Only use water to cool my head meanwhile I was thirsty as fuck
Not related but I felt like sharing.
>>
>>1027424
I don't treat often. I carry iodine or a filter but usually opt to drink without using it. I think it's a combination of two things
1. Having a tolerance/proper gut biome to deal with the water.
2. Knowing what sources to drink from- it's hard to explain here, but you can tell most of the time if it's actually a spring or just a stream that went underground for a little bit.
>>
Sawyer or boil. I've drank questionable water with both, and never had any issues.

The swampiest stuff I've downed I boil. Use it to make tea to hide the taste, add it directly to whatever meal I'm rehydrating, or boil then sawyer. Cleans up the taste really well.

It's hard to get past the mental barrier at first, but I don't even think twice about drinking boiled or filtered water out of the most stagnant of sources. Obviously find the freshest around, but you can only use what's available.

Tl;Dr go /out/ more.
>>
>>1027424
As long as it's moving I'll drink it. I don't trust rivers though. They seem like the cum dumpster of waterways.
>>
>>1027552

>moving water
>but not rivers

Are you talking about small streams then?
>>
>>1027424
>When does /out/ drink untreated water?
maybe by accident if drowning
>Do you trust it above a certain elevation?
hell no
>>
There's a little creek that comes out of the mountain on my parents farm. It's just a little trickle of water at the start, and that's where we drink it from. Been doing it for 6 generations and over 100 years and no one has gotten sick from it as far as I know. Rock filtered water is generally clean and delicious.

I don't recommend doing this though.
>>
When I was younger in the ACF we went on a lot of hikes, one time we all drunk our water halfway through like the stupid kids we were. We drunk from a shitty looking river like we were hot shit. Felt fine till about 11 the following day. Cue three days of continuous puking and shitting. Sickest I've ever been. Haven't drunk water that's not been boiled or through my Sawyer since.
>>
>>1027607
Yeah basically. Its only gotten me sick once
>>
>>1027756
>delicious and clean
>doesn't recommend
but y m8
>>
It really has nothing to finding "gut biome" or any bullshit like that.

If you drink water with giardia in it, you're going to get sick. Period.

I drank from streams constantly growing up, I never even thought about it. Was never even as issue.

But really, it was just luck. Most streams are fine, most water running clean, and looks clean, is ok.

The problem is, there's no way to tell. I filter all my water just because it's easy, and I can't miss a week of work with beaver fever.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.