[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain what you do while /out/ to someone whos never been outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 16

File: e2a[1].jpg (16KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
e2a[1].jpg
16KB, 720x405px
Explain what you do while /out/ to someone whos never been outside of a major city. Its incomprehensible to me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SEy2NDkYPY
>>
You stay in your urban cesspool is what you do
>>
File: 1421882441733.png (491KB, 590x844px) Image search: [Google]
1421882441733.png
491KB, 590x844px
>>1027177
Well that was interesting.
I don't understand the appeal of hunting/fishing but more power to ya.

>>1027180
I plan to.
I just saw the /out/ banner on the new cross board banner thing and wondered what it was you all do.
Iv been here for years and never once visited /out/.
>>
Breathe the fresh, delicious atmosphere, to start. If you've never left the city, the taste of air before it's soiled with exhaust and human filth will blow your mind.
>>
File: nc---may-2017-015---copy---edi.png (1MB, 740x1114px) Image search: [Google]
nc---may-2017-015---copy---edi.png
1MB, 740x1114px
>>1027174
I take in the beauty of nature. Instead of seeing stuff like Planet Earth at a movie theater, or nature photography on IG or in books, I'd rather see it in real life. Plus it's really relaxing and meditative to get away from phones and computers and just look at the trail and stuff.

also pls rate my photo skills guys. be honest please
>>
File: wherethesidewalkends.jpg (114KB, 1059x665px) Image search: [Google]
wherethesidewalkends.jpg
114KB, 1059x665px
Don't risk it!
>>
>>1027184
have you ever fished?
>>
File: 1421896705472.jpg (164KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1421896705472.jpg
164KB, 400x533px
>>1027188
>If you've never left the city, the taste of air before it's soiled with exhaust and human filth will blow your mind.
Wow. I guess now i'l have to take a trip to a nature preserve someday.

>>1027191
>also pls rate my photo skills guys.
8/10. I don't know dick about photo skill though.

>>1027203
>have you ever fished?
Nope. Never really saw the appeal.

How long do you guys stay /out/?
From some of the threads I kinda guessed you all were a bunch of NEETS who lived in the woods permanently posting with smartphones.
>>
>>1027191
9/10 post more
>>
File: nc---may-2017-045.jpg (746KB, 1201x798px) Image search: [Google]
nc---may-2017-045.jpg
746KB, 1201x798px
>>1027216
https://www.instagram.com/hikingwithben/
thinking about editing and posting pic related next, but i think it's too boring. It sucks going /out/ and taking 200 shots but only getting maybe 5 good ones
>>
>>1027223
You're in Pennsylvania? There any decent places /out/ there? I'm in Nova but there's nowhere decent here
>>
>>1027229
Where is Nova? I live in DE but travel a bit and drive some to go /out/. The picture was taken on Black Balsam Knob, North Carolina.
PA is pretty decent for /out/ but it won't look like a nat geo magazine.
>>
>>1027236
Northern Virginia. Seems like all the surrounding states have good spots but it's all shit here
>>
File: images (35).jpg (9KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
images (35).jpg
9KB, 218x231px
>>1027174
I like to drink heavily and target practice mostly
>>
>>1027241
>Being able to fire off guns freely in the middle of the wilderness.
Now that, I could see being a good time.
>>
I pay less for more housing.
I breathe fresh air instead of pollution.
I deal with fewer regulations and ordinances, so I have more freedom.
I live further apart from my neighbors, so I don't have to worry about disturbing them and they don't disturb me. We don't snitch on each other to the super/police over petty disputes.
My commute is probably no longer than yours, but if it is longer I get to enjoy it in the comfort of my car as opposed to a crowded and smelly bus/subway.
And if I wanted to go to a major city it's a 40 minute drive, less to several smaller cities/towns.

I spent the first 21 years of my life in NYC and never learned the appeal. Can you enlighten us?
>>
>>1027213
what do you do then?
>>
>>1027252
>I spent the first 21 years of my life in NYC and never learned the appeal. Can you enlighten us?
I think NYC is a bit different from most city's but as for the appeal, shopping centers/ movie theaters/ restaurants. Instead of waking up at the break of dawn to work a field, I go to an office and sit in an air conditioned room for 8 hours a day for a living.

If I want fish, I buy it at the store and cook it. Or go to a restaurant and they cook it for me. I don't have to catch and clean it myself. If I want yard work done or home improvement, I call 6-8 contractors and pick one of them to do it for me. If I want to go anywhere I pull out my phone and within minutes an uber driver takes me anywhere. I don't really have to do anything for myself besides my job.
>>
>>1027253
Go to work, play video games, watch movies, work out, eat out.
>>
>>1027184
>the appeal of hunting
Have u ever played an FPS? Did you enjoy it?

Hunting has better graphics, more realistic mechanics, and better rewards for progression.
>>
>>1027262
>better graphics, more realistic mechanics, and better rewards for progression.
I'm not that young and it makes me kinda sad that those things are associated with FPS. I get you're point though senpai.
>>
>>1027260
I do all of those things, although more reading than vidya, but also have the option of disappearing into pristine wilderness for the weekend
>>
>>1027273
I grew up playing doom and quake too, don't worry. I was just trying to be relevant.

IRL is still better than vidya. Just look at IRL thru a gamer lense and shit becomes clearer. Start grinding and levelling up.

IRL is the best MMO you can play. Just don't die cuz you get kicked from the server. PVE is more rewarding than PVP imo.
>>
>>1027258
>Instead of waking up at the break of dawn to work a field, I go to an office and sit in an air conditioned room for 8 hours a day for a living.
lol I'm an accountant. I see you're one of those people who thinks everything outside their city is just farms and fields.
>>
File: dat treachery.jpg (111KB, 625x479px) Image search: [Google]
dat treachery.jpg
111KB, 625x479px
>>1027258
Here's a fun fact: there isn't a single place on earth where people who live in cities are happier than people who live in the wilderness/rural areas. As somebody who was raised in a small town with a mountain view and right in the middle of seemingly endless farm land, going into cities feels like entering through the gates of hell. The air is dirty, the people are angry, everything is concrete and glass and metal, not a single bird to be heard for miles, the only mammals you might see are diseased rats and mice, and to top it all off, they keep building more of these mass torture chambers. Not to mention the fact that cities are deliberately designed to turn you into nothing but a source of income for major corporations. Think about it. How much do you depend on huge, multi million dollar companies for your day to day existence? If I want food, I can shoot something or catch fish, but I can also go to the butcher who gets supplied by local farmers and hunters. I could check the buy-and-sell and arrange for local farmers to sell me free range eggs every week for $2 a dozen. Heck, if it really came down to it, I could trade wood carvings or hand forged items for food and clothing. If your car breaks down on the side of the road, I can personally guarantee you that some hick in a pickup truck will pull up and help you out.
Apologies if that seemed very preachy. Cities are just the thing that rustle my jimmies the most in life.
>>
>>1027368
>Cities are just the thing that rustle my jimmies the most in life.
No need to worry about them when you live the comfy life desu
>>
File: AHWAHWAHWAH.jpg (119KB, 695x642px) Image search: [Google]
AHWAHWAHWAH.jpg
119KB, 695x642px
>>1027398
THERE IS NO TIME TO BE UNRUSTLED, WE MUST RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE AND THROW PIPE BOMBS INTO MCDONALDS'.
>>
>>1027239
I grew up in the area, rockville/potomac md.

do you drive?

when I was a wee sc/out/, I camped in places like Assateague Island MD/VA, National seashore (like a NF but its a beach w wild ponies),
Monongahela NF in WV
Shenandoah/GW/Jefferson NF areas,are great too

a greatest day hike ever on the Billygoat trail on the potomac/Great Falls area
>>
>>1027174
I hate being around people and I love being alone.
I like fishing because there's something primal about obtaining food sources, even though I almost always release them . Plus it's so intriguing to watch animals and fish.
In addition it allows me to be the child that I've abandoned in the public eye. I mostly just explore and climb stuff and run around and whatever.
There's also something primal about starting a fire .

All in all, it's something that completes the human psyche when /out/
>>
>>1027174
I go rock climbing outside almost every day.
>>
>>1027191
Would have been better looking down from the hill with that cloud formation in the opposite third of the sun or if there was something of s subject on the rock in front of you. It's an o k photo but it's just a hill during sunset nothing too striking about it.

The rocks in front of you looks like a dead trex or something which is nifty.
>>
File: IMG_20160827_155218229.jpg (3MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160827_155218229.jpg
3MB, 1944x2592px
>>1027174
I love foraging mushes, or wild herbs
>>
>>1027177
that vid was aesthetic and comfy as fuck
>>
>>1027368

Small town people aren't immune from being cunts. Everybody knows everything you do and they let you know it. Can't do anything without the whole town knowing about it. Very limited dating pool. Backwards views. Hate strangers. I lived in a small town for a while and frankly, fuck that ever again.
>>
>>1027223
Followed! Looking forward to more snaps anon
>>
>>1027191
i dont know much about photo but i love this pic its very comfy
>>
>>1027252
>if I wanted to go to a major city it's a 40 minute drive, less to several smaller cities/towns
this is my ideal. What city do you live around?
>>
Sit back and relax, enjoy the fresh air, the sounds of nature and the scenery.
Bring a book or e-reader and read away.
Boil some water on your stove to make tea.
Hide in a bush and pretend you're a soldier who is on a dangerous mission.
Try to make friends with the local wildlife.
>>
File: 20170401_170114.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_170114.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>1027687
Hiding behind a bush cuz the land owners showed up. That's them driving away.
>>
File: IMG_20170121_131703.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170121_131703.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
Drink lots of whiskey around a camp fire and BBQ freshly shot wallaby or freshly speared fish. Pic from recent hiking trip.
>>
File: image.png (848KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
848KB, 640x960px
Leave the city for the weekend sometime, experience the difference. It will blow your mind how many stars are visible beyond the city lights. The water is cleaner here-Well water is especially delicious when it's over a freshwater spring. I lived in a house like that when I was young. Really made the difference noticeable when going to cities to visit. You even feel cleaner when showering, the water doesn't smell or leave a weird filmy feeling as opposed to the city water I'm familiar with of downstate Michigan. I'm in the upper half of the mitten, I've spent more than half my life hanging out in the woods- the other bit was downstate. I have land I spend a great deal of time on- gardening, sculpting, building, repairing. I spend time foraging, we have a ton of edibles and medicinals here to gather and utilize. I tend to spend 1-5 hrs in the woods, more during mushroom season, weather and health permitting I like to be out first thing in the morning. It's usually mosquitos that chase me in at dusk, but a good fire helps back them off. I know where the animals move, I see their trails and signs. Good fun tracking and finding wildlife. I do love to fish, but rarely seem to take the time anymore. The fight for the fish is rewarding- great to keep a skill like that tuned- swimming in the river- you shouldn't miss out on something like that. We do canoe/kayak/tubing down the river in the summer, that's great fun, too. Camping, of course, I love rustic camping- when I cant do that I have fire pits on my land- for cooking or gatherings. The guys are working on a shooting range in the yard and through the woods. The place is really shaping up. I can't imagine never leaving the city. I resisted at first, but now can't imagine being stuck in a city. I'm way to socially awkward to be so close to soooo many people. Oh, also fun to build structures from limbs and branches, I've made a ton of fences, shelters/forts, trellaces..Fairy houses.
>>
>>1027252
This is what I want... I hate living in the city, it's bad man.
Teach me pls.
>>
>>1027368
Read >>1028636
>>
>>1027447
Sounds like fun anon.
>>
>reading this thread while stuck in Chicago all summer
>can almost taste sweet sea breeze of northern Maine
>remember I'm 100+ miles from any sort of /out/
Kill me
>>
>>1027665
thanks anon
>>
File: 20170525_121449.jpg (670KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_121449.jpg
670KB, 1920x1080px
It's the freedom to roam that keeps me out of the cities. Endless mountain roads dotted with abandoned mining camps, trapper cabins, remote villages and hotels, caves, hidden forts, private lakes and campsites. Exploring leaves you with some incredible memories and you develop a lot of useful skills along the way.
>>
>>1027241
This is me as well. half the fun of being innawoods for me is guns. especially my AK
>>
>This is also my first time on /out/
>Bunch of faggots jerking off about being better instead of being friendly about people going outside

Jesus, even the outdoors can be autistic
>>
>>1027657
The heck kind of small town were you in? I've seriously never been in a small town where I didn't feel at least somewhat welcome. I agree that town people can be unpleasant as well, but city people are infinitely worse imo. I think the advantage in small towns is that you get recognized, so there's social pressure to act presentable whenever you're out and about.
>>
>>1028636
>Find town you wanna live in
>Sell/stop renting crappy city house
>Move into town
>Profit
>>
File: DSC03287.jpg (172KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03287.jpg
172KB, 800x600px
>>1028674
>dualsport
fuckyeah.jpg
>>
>>1028391
So is it true that you can shoot possums/macropods in Tasmania without a permit? They're protected (need a permit) in the rest of the country
>>
>>1027368
If everyone lived like that, there would be no-one living like that. You only have such a cushy lifestyle because the bulk of the population live in cities. Your forests would be stripped bare if it actually appealed to most people to live like you do.

Happiness isn't objective, you're applying your own values to everyone in the world and declaring they don't know what they're doing.
For what it's worth I aim to move to a small town in the future too but I don't have any delusions that everyone should live this way. You seem to just want to feel superior to "normies" basically.
>>
>>1029226

Need a permit of some kind for all macropods other than rabbits, hares and cats.

Permission to shoot possums is only possible through a crop protection permit. Wallabies can be shot under the same permit as well as a standard game licence.

In reality nobody gives a fuck about possums and wallabies. They are at plague proportions at the moment so everybody shoots them unlicensed.
>>
>>1028391
As european from a country with no mountains i'm wondering how do you go about acquiring water in places like that? Are streams common ? All my outings are from one body of water to another and climbing a mountain and bringing your water up sounds horrible as fuck.
>>
>>1029290

Always carry a 3 litre camelbak bladder and some chlorine purification tablets with me. If the water I come across on the hike doesn't seem fresh enough I add the tablets, otherwise I don't worry about it. Haven't been sick yet.

3kg of water isn't that much weight to carry.
>>
File: With the friz no way.webm (3MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
With the friz no way.webm
3MB, 384x288px
>>1029228
>You seem to just want to feel superior to "normies" basically.
Apologies for that. Like I said, cities really strike a nerve with me. You do make an interesting point about how cities enable small towns which is an angle I never looked at it from. I guess I just have a deep seated yearning for a simpler life-style, so cities are a reminder that we're constantly moving away from that as a species. At the end of the day, I don't really give care if people enjoy being in cities or not. It's just one of those bitter aspects of reality that I wish didn't exist. Again, sorry for ranting and being unpleasant about the matter. It wasn't my intention at all to come of as some holier-than-thou snob.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.