[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /out/ i found a bird this bird is a blue jay bird "don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170528_203427_204.jpg (486KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_203427_204.jpg
486KB, 1536x1536px
hey /out/ i found a bird
this bird is a blue jay bird
"don't touch it" is ruled out because i picked it up and put it in a shoe box
i think his wing or foot is fucked

if it helps his name is bird
>>
he dont look to hot lmao
>>
>>1025796
i took him in because he can't fly, but it's raining now and there are cats outside
he's not scared now it seems
he's inside the shoe box with a comfy towel and warm water bottle
i'll take him out tomorrow

>>1025800
he's moist rn

do you think i can dry him without him sperging out?
>>
call a wildlife rehabilitation facility you faggot
give them the bird and be happy knowing it isn't going to die because of your incompetence
>>
>>1025825
Not OP here, but I doubt most rehabs give a crap about blue jays.
>>
>>1025785
Go out to the yard, get some worms, chew those fuckers up and spit them into its mouth.

That's literally the only way and if you aren't prepared to do it then you might as well snap its neck and then snap yours too for good measure.
>>
OP I've raised baby birds before. Keep him warm, make him a cozy little nest. Soak some cat food (kibble) in warm water until it's a little thinner than pancake batter. Get a little syringe (the kind you use to give pets or babies medicine, not the kind with a needle!) and pump him full of mush every time he opens his mouth. Just a little bit at a time though, careful not to choke him. Again, keep him warm. Air conditioning can freeze these little buggers. He will need feeding constantly so you will have to keep him with you or find someone to babysit him.

Call around to some local vets. They should be able to put you in touch with someone who can take him off your hands. Good luck!
>>
If you can find the nest just put him back. The whole "the parents won't take it back if you touch it" thing is a myth.
>>
I can't tell from the image how old he is. As a rule, if the birds are just slightly too young to fly, the parents will continue to run them food. Did you see a parent around? They may have continued to care for it. If not, No. 1025959 has good advice. The only thing I'd add it find a warm light to place over him, (keep tabs on it to make sure it's not too hot). Wrap up some old towels and wash clothes for a nest. If you have a light over a stove-top, it may help keep him keep warm. A towel over part of the box should help keep the heat in, but also provide shade if things get too warm.
>>
Fuck Blue jays, they're cunts.
>>
File: gee-rah.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
gee-rah.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>1025882
>>
>>1025815
Yes. Put it in the microwave but only for 10 seconds.
>>
>>1026997
Don't do this it won't work as the moisture is all on the inside. Feed him some silica gel, two or three packets, no more than five
>>
>>1025815
>moist
Bird bathe all the time
>>
>>1025882
I don't think bluejays fancy worms.
>>
Put bird in cat. Now cat is bird in a sense. Cat is strong. You want strong pet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.