[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a mushroom thread started since season is in. I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: allbehind.jpg (985KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
allbehind.jpg
985KB, 1632x1224px
Can we get a mushroom thread started since season is in.

I just went for a short walk in the woods. I didn't find too many, the conditions weren't quite right or they were but other foragers already cleaned the whole place.

What am I looking at here? I know that bottom left is some bolete which I saved tomorrow for breakfast, top left is Lactarius rubrilacteus also edible and bottom three are chantarelles.

I know that some of these in top center are of some Rusula species. Inc more pictures.
>>
File: all.jpg (1MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
all.jpg
1MB, 1632x1224px
From the other side.
Also I feel something crawling on my ass, I have to check for ticks.
>>
File: others.jpg (450KB, 1244x1105px) Image search: [Google]
others.jpg
450KB, 1244x1105px
The green ones look like Russula aeruginea from top pic.

Also some different colored which I believe are also Russulas, whatever the heck that third thing is, a little bit of forest strawberries and yellow staining agaricus.

That concludes my little trip.
>>
>>1025591
Nice strawberries, the ones here in the PNW only get the size of a pencil eraser but are quite tasty
>>
>>1025573
How did you get started? The mycological society in my area never responded to my emails. Don't want to eat some shit and kill myself.
>>
>>1025573
How do you not die from eating random mushrooms from the woods
>>
File: IMG_20160827_114301.jpg (630KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160827_114301.jpg
630KB, 2592x1944px
>>1025810
I started which a couple of pals 2 years ago. We mostly hunt them for fun but only eat those we are certain are edible such as the bolete in the picture, chantarelles (the smallest 3 there), maybe some Agaricus and Caesars mushroom (pic related)

we also double check everything on the internet for all that's worth. It's best you find someone experienced to go with first, until you learn the basics

>>1025933
by not eating random mushrooms lol,
my rule is to not mess with anything resembling the death cap. If it's small to medium in size, white gills, whitish or greenish on top I stay clear
while also being wary of Deadly Dapperling (Lepiota brunneoincarnata) - could be mistaken for Macrolepiota procera and Autumn Skullcap (Galerina marginata) - not really similar to anything edible

carefully study the most dangerous ones in your area and you should be fine
>>
>>1025933
There are plenty of edible mushrooms that look nothing like any of the poisonous species.
>>
>>1025573
>gonna eat one big shroom for breakfast
>>
File: puffball.jpg (483KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
puffball.jpg
483KB, 1224x1632px
>>1026065
With eggs!
I cut the whole thing into pieces, had more than enough for me and my dad.

here's a puffball from the last time I went there, roasted that shit on fire
>>
File: geeps_puffball.jpg (31KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_puffball.jpg
31KB, 261x195px
>>1026167
nice
>>
>>1025573
From left to right, top, 4th and 6th, boletus badius (imleria badia)
Bottom, 3rd, suillus luteus, pores have been removed. You need to remove the cap cuticule too.

Pro tip: fungi with pores (i.e. boletes) are safe too eat (as in "will not kill you"), unless it has pink or redish spores. Note that some young edible boletes (like boletus edulis) do have a pinkish tinge to them, although they are safe to eat.
>>
Can you test the edibility of mushrooms by feeding it to something. Like maybe catching some faggot rats and forcing them to eat it?
>>
>>1026773
>You need to remove the cap cuticule too.
nah mate

Also, wouldn't listen to someone's bolete IDs when they don't even know where you are from.
>>
>>1026773
thanks, I had no clue about those

>>1026812
Central Serbia, found at about 450-500m altitude

>>1026810
anything is possible
>>
File: agaricusmacrosporus.jpg (453KB, 1396x1047px) Image search: [Google]
agaricusmacrosporus.jpg
453KB, 1396x1047px
>>1026853
also for my daily those of sharing mushrooms

these literally grow in my yard every year in the same place when it rains a lot
>>
>>1026812
>>1026853
"S. luteus and other Suillus species may cause allergic reactions in some people[69] or digestive problems that appear to result from consuming the slimy skin.[25]"

Do as you please, of course.

Regarding red pores boletes, it does apply independently of region. It is true however, that all rules regarding fungi are inherently weak, and bound to change.
>>
>>1026002
Thank you for your response. I guess I'll start with the easiest type I can find to identify.
>>
Picked a bunch of psilocybe subaeruginosa mushrooms in Hobart, Tasmania last weekend. Conditions are great for another flush this weekend. Will post photos if I find some.
>>
>>1028402
Nice find.
I've been looking to find psilocybe semilanceate here in Europe but they grow in autumn.
>>
File: magicornot.jpg (456KB, 1515x961px) Image search: [Google]
magicornot.jpg
456KB, 1515x961px
Can someone possibly ID these for me?

I was just sun tanning in my yard when I noticed these. Location Serbia.

Cap is beige color, gills dark.
>>
I've only found destroying angels and a fly agaric so far.
>>
>>1029303
Found where? A field? Could be just a common edible when cooked.
>>
>>1026810
No, you do the edibility test.

Basically you eat a tiny crumb and pray you don't die.
>>
>>1029303
1) Not enough information to make an ID beyond a wild guess
2) Most probably not edible
3) Im guessing you're after shrooms, not culinary mushrooms. Shrooms should bruise blue - throw em away if they dont.
>>
>>1029355
>>1029362

In my yard, in grass.

I did some digging around the net. Turns out it's Coprinellus micaceus.
>>
File: Vind jij henk ook zo lekker.jpg (187KB, 1600x846px) Image search: [Google]
Vind jij henk ook zo lekker.jpg
187KB, 1600x846px
>>
>>1025591
Beautiful woodland strawbs, I've got a large patch of them in the woods near my house. They really are a top wild treat.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.