[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of food do you take /out/? What kind of food works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

What kind of food do you take /out/? What kind of food works best for a few nights camping deep in the wilderness? Ive heard good things about jerky, and Ive also heard that if you bring flour you can make bread pretty easily. What foods do you prefer?
>>
File: 33302.jpg (151KB, 702x800px) Image search: [Google]
33302.jpg
151KB, 702x800px
usally i eat the stuff i find
>>
lots of bagged nuts, you can bring like 10,000 calories of peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, etc very easily

also I like to pre-bag minute rice with flavoring that is already the right rice:water ratio for my camp pot lid to measure
>>
When I backpack/camp, I like bagels, peanut butter, tuna, lots of Nature Valley protein bars, prebagged rice/bean mixtures that I boil, instant mashed potatoes (amazing when you're tired), bacon bits, and plenty of cheese sticks for snacking/mixing into other stuff.

Also the dehydrated stuff (mac n cheese, Pad Thai) you can get at REI, while overpriced, is pretty good.
>>
Jerky and flour is pretty good sure, if your flour gets wet you might have a problem but it gives you a good few options for all meals.
Personally i rate pre-made cous cous, as its really dense both in size and calories but also as it doesnt take up much fuel to cook (if you're on a stove) at its just boiling water and leave for 5 mins.
Other good things are peanut butter, pepperami/slim jims, nuts and seeds, muesli (can make it yourself with the nuts and seeds), and a personal thing i like to bring along are sun-dried tomatoes.
>>
>>1025233
My Patriot Supply Dehydrated Foodstuffs
Unpasteurized Farm Eggs
Powdered Glucose
4-5 Oranges
5 Potatoes
Organic Bioavailble Vitamins

Mix and Match and you can easily eat up a solid caloric load for those long multiday hikes.
>>
>>1025443
Im looking for something more compact and cheaper then MREs
>>
>>1025233
>processed meat
Enjoy cancer friend.

Also, stop eating animals you literal sociopath...
>>
Cheapest, easiest, healthiest is to get 6 or 7 mcdoubles per day, Domino's is great too
>>
for breakfast I make bars where I mix honey, peanut butter, instant oats, and add things like flax, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, or protein powder. Wrap in parchment paper in case it gets gooey.

for lunch tortillas with instant hummus, salami and hard cheeses, or a peanut butter/nutella mix and snack on trail mix during the day. If weight isn't an issue I'll bring a bottle of pizza sauce and put that, pepperoni, and string cheese mozzarella in a tortilla.

I like couscous for supper. Get the small, fine stuff, not the Israeli or pearl stuff. Put 1 cup into ziploc bag, add whatever spices you want, pour boiling water into the bag and it's ready in 5 minutes. When it's ready I might add chunks of summer sausage, cheese, a tuna packet, almonds or cashews, or hot sauce. I also do quick cook rice, dehydrated refried beans, and spices
>>
>>1025498
>eating other animals
>sociopathy
Don't conflate quality unprocessed foods with this delusional trash.

Anyone tried making their own jerky? I've only done it once and it was great (used brown sugar, thyme, and garlic) but I didn't trust it unrefrigerated
>>
>>1025448
Protein powder and a multi vitamin, add water and you're good to go.
>>
>>1025560
Got a 20 dollar dehydrator, good to go. I marinade my meat for three days, going to try using a poultry brine for my next batch
>>
>>1025560
I made my own jerky a while back, came out quite tasty. Definitely want to make it again, but it's not cheap.
>>
>>1025538
>instant hummus

wtf is this and where to find
>>
>>1025696
>falling for the ultralite meme
>>
>>1025233
Anything in a can, or any of the "just add water" foods. They don't give off scent when in your backpack (bears here in the pacific northwest) if youre feeling bold, you could also bring boiled peanuts
>>
Sardines
Freeze dried beans and fruit
Oats
Peanut butter and Ritz crackers
Ramen noodles
Rice
Dehydrated milk
>>
>>1025805

It's a powder you just add water to. You can find it on amazon but I found some in the bulk section of my local co-op/organic food store.
>>
As a Dutchman I always take a can of Ewrtensoep with me when going out
>>
File: pork-brains.jpg (123KB, 1204x386px) Image search: [Google]
pork-brains.jpg
123KB, 1204x386px
this shit'll make you a sexual tyrannosaur's, like me
>>
usually a homemade barley-quinoa-lentil-rice blend to cook on my jetboil.
a box of BP-5 as well to mix in to food (a lot of calories and nutrition in very little space, but they are very dry and bland).
Variety of nuts and barley/rye oats for breakfast.

>>1025448
BP-5's is a good alternative.
despite being bland and dry then it contains all the calories, vitamins and proteins you need.
>>
If i'm by myself i'm doing meal replacement bars with generous bags of trail mix/jerky to snack on. I tend to want to kill miles when i'm alone. I'll bring some fiber powder with me as well to keep my GI track from locking up.
>>
One of my favorite backpacking meals is ramen noodles with some SPAM (single serving size pack) grilled on top. Tasty and filling. Not the healthiest, but having food you will actually want to eat at the end of a long day of hiking is the best.
>>
Anybody Ever make parched corn? Great /out/ snack and good in soups and salads. I make my own ask the time. Along with jerky and pemmincan for protein and flower. Just add water and spices and you can make a nice variety of meals.
>>
>>1025233
Can anyone recommend a really good jerky that isn't over priced like Jack links? They're price gouging.
What and where do you anons buy your jerky? I'm thinking of maybe making some myself.
>>
>>1025302
>slim jims
that stuff is literally garbage in stick form.
>>1025498
Kys
>>1025538
>for breakfast I make bars where I mix honey, peanut butter, instant oats, and add things like flax, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, or protein powder. Wrap in parchment paper in case it gets gooey.
Damn, this sounds pretty tasty. What ratios do you use?
>>
>>1028461
Making your own is always best. I would stay away from marinades and sauces if I were you. They taste better but won't keep as long. Smoked or dried with spices is best. Smoked adds more flavor but dried is much easier. Can make pemmicn too if that's your fancy.
>>
>>1028471
Thanks
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.