[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Celebrating a year sober, decided to go skydiving for the fi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: skydiving.jpg (67KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
skydiving.jpg
67KB, 500x375px
Celebrating a year sober, decided to go skydiving for the first time. Shit was humbling, live or die, fuck it.

What has been some of your fuck it moments/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQFJMtMOU0
>>
File: IMG_2015olololol_HDR.jpg (111KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2015olololol_HDR.jpg
111KB, 800x450px
>>1024765
>skydiving
fuck, that's one sport i've intentionally not tried yet for fear it'd become another addiction and i'd spend a fuckload of money jumping out of airplanes for that rush. Not for lack of knowing people in that sport either.

Recently, it's when I raced x-games. That shit was way above my skill level. Filling out insurance/waivers/etc in the morning was fine, nothing out of the ordinary... when the groomers were pushing the snow around on the track, that's when I started getting nervous... "Oh fuck, what am I doing here..."

Did better than I thought I would, especially for as nervous as I was. Placed higher than a couple of pretty big names, which was exciting.
Definitely glad I did it.
>>
File: 20150622_201714.jpg (2MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150622_201714.jpg
2MB, 3984x2988px
>hat has been some of your fuck it moments/?

>got out of wheelchair after 2.5 years
>literally still learning to walk again
>havnt quite got the hang of seamlessly going from one step to another
>so its basicly "one step, stop, same leg forward, stop." repeat
> legs are weak as fuck, unbelievably weak
>decided fuck it, Doc said i could walk, so im gonna walk!
>im just gonna pick a direction and walk
>walked until i literally couldn't anymore, the most exhausted ive ever been
>felt like 2 weeks had gone by just walking!
>staggered to a bench, called my dad to come get me

it turned out to have been like a 2km walk.
to this day blows my mind that the hardest "hike" ive ever done was 2km lol

pic: my emergency wheelchair
>>
There are better forums to share your sobriety with.

I go /out/ to get away from trainwrecks like you.
>>
>>1024765
I was going to do this, but realized I'd find it boring. I also find roller coasters boring. Back road racing wasn't boring for a while at least; now driving of any kind is boring as fuck.

Glad you had fun.
>>
>>1024803
What got you into the chair in the first place? I'm guessing a car crash?
>>
>>1024765
You couldn't pay me to do civilian skydiving. For that matter, you couldn't pay me to get back in a plane or helo.

I completely destroyed my ankles, knees, lower back, and right shoulder doing static-line jumping for the Army, and I got shot down in helicopters TWICE and rode out a civilian plane crash.
>>
>>1024869
i stumbled and fell while going out of a bus.

broke the femoral head and femoral neck on my right hip

i have Osteopetrosis so they couldn't bolt it
it took a fuckload of time to heal
>>
>>1024765
Skydived in Mexico a few years ago, want to do it again.
>>
>joined army
>skydive for free
Honestly rappel was more fun
>>
>>1024803
My first walk after getting off wheelchair was like, 200meters, thought I'm gona die. :-)
>>
>>1024765
Had sex w/a 260 lb black woman at an office party

She asked me to fist her and I did almost to mid arm. So I believe its true about why all black men have large dongs. They need too!
>>
>gulped 3 shots of vodka
>jumped from a boat into a hole in ice
>SHOCK
>pulled myself unto the ice gasping
>belly freezing on ice
>FUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>grab railing on boat and go up
>get a shot of Jager
>run into crew section, (theres a fireplace/furnace/whatever
>get high fives from all the people
>freezing cold beer handed to me, litereally so cold it hurts to touch
>my skin literally looks like lobsters
>keep drinking heavily that day knowing i appeased Neptune

Bless me Neptune 31, 2200. praise
>>
>>1024765

Sober from what? Drugs or booze? If booze, which kind? I'm a scotch drinker, myself. Nothing beats a smooth single malt, neat, on a quiet evening.
>>
>>1026281
more of a Gin man myself
>>
>>1024915
Damm. That is facking badass
>>
>>1024765
I went bungee jumping. I am now an adrenalin junkie. Definitely want to do more risky stuff. I kinda want to a 1 on 1 street fight.
>>
Flying the plane is too much fun, I have no desire to bail out unless the spar failed or the wing's on fire
>>
File: 1430524436549.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1430524436549.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>1026305
>ruining your health
>badass
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.