[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find people interested in /out/ as an 18 year old still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
How do I find people interested in /out/ as an 18 year old still in high school? Even after high school, where do I find these people, other than on this board?
>>
>>1024571
Talk to people whether in college or work. Be friendly. Make friends.
>>
>>1024571
leave your basement. talk to people....
>>
Invite some friends on day hikes and see if they get interested, and just keep working up to longer more /out/ activities

High school senior, and it worked for me at least
>>
>>1024618
>>1024580
But are there any specific groups or events for people that like this stuff?
>>
Ok so I just started with our normal crew of friends that were basically all sorta edgy. I have a background of Boy Scouts so i started with stuff i did while in boy scouts. I know as a senior its a little late to join BSA, but you can still try. I know that some colleges have outdoor clubs that people join. and if all else fails redneck people (I've found to be) are the most out of the everyday normie population between mudding and midnight bonefires in the woods
>>
>>1024618
(not op but) this implies that i havent just moved to a new area and have no friends and work exclusively with 50+ year-old women
>>
Join your local volunteer emergency flood rescue service The training is just like the Scouts but for adults including survival training. Most of these people are into Hiking and doing SAR is a blast u get to do all the things civilian hikers don't get to do because it is either on forbidden lands or too remote. In Australia it is called the SES I don't know where you live
>>
>>1024636
you will have to google your local area or contact the scouts for ideas Hell, join they take people up to 25 and they have all the right equipment before you go outlaying your hard earned on a pack that breaks your back
>>
>>1025034
Why flood? Why not just join any outdoor emergency response team?
>>
>>1024636
Yahoo groups or Meetup
>>
>>1024571
Networking is a must for all walks of life.
>>
>>1024571
my local state park has public hikes/clean ups/info sessions i've never been but i bet a lot of people go
>>
>>1025057
See you in two years!
>>
join a local club (for example climbing) or try do some qualifications in whatever it is you're interested in, i know for certain there are things such as mountaineering qualifications, which would give you some contacts and probably teach you some useful stuff
>>
I changed a lot of my friends into being more /out/ in high school. I planned camping trips and asked them to go hiking all the time. They eventually got really into on their own and some do solo backpacking trips now when they used to hate hiking.

Some colleges have recreational sports where they plan trips to go camping, climbing, etc. that's a great way to meet people if you're gonna be in college.

Also, if you need a summer job, I'd work at a sporting goods store. I work at REI and the amount of times I've been invited on a hike or to go ice climbing by my coworkers...
>>
>>1024571
This pic looks eggsactly like a trail in central MA I walk a lot
>>
Public restrooms
>>
Just be urself ... hehe.
>>
>>1025023
> I know as a senior its a little late to join BSA, but you can still try
lol wut, he's way too old for BSA

In college join the outdoor/hiking club or start one if there isn't already one
>>
I am exactly in the same situation man, literally. No one I know is into /out/ but in a year or so (after I have purchased everything) I want to start.

I would definitely be happy to at least have one person.
>>
> first get the 4chan /out/ patch.
> sew it to your backpack
> wait until you get some positive response from another /outist/

> plan trip
> wait for him to kill you in the forest, or you beat him to it
> repeat
>>
How i got my group i go with

>be me in highschool
>hanging out with my small group of friends
>bored as fuck
>"hey guys wanna go camping?"
>sure
>pack our shit and go innawoods
>>
Find a Hiking club.

Most will do regular trips out, if they're established enough/big enough quite a few will do volunteer work too - hut maintenance, track clearing, slip repairs, etc.
>>
>>1028881
Anon, do you have a link for the patch?
>>
>>1024571
What about outdoor ed man
>>
>>1028631
No need to wait for that gear to go /out/, its just an excuse. Go!
>>
>>1024571
I go camping with my buddies. I am probably a bit of the going inna driving force,, got 3 friends into hammock camping now, I usually plan trips and it helps motivate them.

I mean who doesn't like going out? Really it's just people haven't been exposed to it.
>>
>>1028631
>>1031107

yea I agree.

where are you and whats your climate? theres very little you really need to go out comfortably,

>surplus bag
>cheap tarp
>budget knife like a mora or sak
>ccf pad
>aa torch
>a lighter
>a pot (I still sometimes take a frying pan from home)
>disposable water bottles
>bank line or other building cord (great budget alternative to fancy cords)

Thats' like £60 worth of stuff man, not even.

I like gear as much as anyone but don't let it stop you from going out.
>>
>>1031114
you can make an alcohol stove (penny stove) from a can, diy project.

walking stick you find in the forest

firelighter you find in the forest,, best is pine resin, heated and mixed with char from a hot fire, the putty it makes is awesome.
>>
Go to a gun range ask to go on a hunting trip with one of your /k/omrades there.
>>
>>1031107
>>1031114
>>1031118
I don't even have a bag, or tent. I want to have some decent stuff, make my trips much better.
Getting a car in like 8 months also. My nearest *good* trails are 4+ hours away. (Yes, FL is shit)

Also currently reading, and watching videos to get good.
>>
Join a local caving group.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.