[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me /out/! I just woke up and found this fucking asshole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: shitty_tick.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
shitty_tick.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Please help me /out/!
I just woke up and found this fucking asshole lonestar tick sucking away on one of my buttocks. I'm freaking out, I hope I don't get that red meat allergy FUCK. Is that guaranteed if you get bit by one pretty much?
pic related (also I'm in maryland).
>>
also, it wasn't engorged at all, so I think I caught it early if that helps? does anyone know?
>>
>>1023686
Enjoy your Lyme disease
>>
>>1023686
>maryland
You deserved it haha
>>
I usually put it on my nail and squash his hard body with my other one.
Don't be paranoia unless you had a lached on tick on you or found an engorged one.

I see multiple ticks a day cause of the dog walking in tall grass.

Some carry the dangerous diseases but most of the time there will be big red marks on your body.

Pull it out gently if it even bites you. You dont want the head to live on and burrow into you.
Tick spoon get one if you see a lot like i do

The tick exchanges blood with his filthy matter while sucking.
>>
File: IMG_7425.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7425.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>1023686
Ticks have to be attached for at least 24-36 hours before they can transmit Lyme Disease. Catching something from a tick is much rarer than you may be led to believe from this site.

It is usually no cause for concern unless you see a red "bullseye" mark.
>>
>>1023746
>Ticks have to be attached for at least 24-36 hours before they can transmit Lyme Disease
No shit? Anyone who gets it is a retard
>>
>>1023723
>>1023746
>>1023748
>lyme disease
It's a lonestar tick you fucks

>>1023742
I tried to pull him out as gently as I could. I think he could've been on me for as long as 12 hours
>>
>>1023787
I've had a few bite me since I fish the river a lot. I'm still going strong eating red meat nothing. Depends on how long is was on you.
>>
>>1023788
Here's my ass for reference. Couldn't get a better picture because it's my ass
>>
>>1023746
>Ticks have to be attached for at least 24-36 hours before they can transmit Lyme Disease.
Yeah, they're finding out that that's not actually true...
>>
>>1023746
I had that bullseye mark. I went to the doctor, got some blood taken, and the results said i didn't have lyme. So i have no idea anymore. My guess is that i was fine be cause the tick was only on me for a few hours.
>>
>>1023686

they're fine. you're fine
>>
>>1023787
Recent studies have shown lone star ticks are capable of carrying lyme disease
>>
get it checked out by a doctor. they will either give you a blood test to see if you're infected or just go straight to 3 weeks of doxycycline. don't mess around with chance
>>
If the tick is not engorged it means that there was less chance it transmitting disease. but that doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

it's like fucking a chick with chlamydia versus banging her for six months.

my friend got chlamydia after only banging a hoe once.
>>
>>1023746
some species are different. i believe the lonestar is up to 12 hours, while other species will fuck you life up if its on you up to an hour. buuut if the area isnt obviouslu fucked up, youre fine

by the way. lyme disease isnt the one i worry about. its rocky mountain spotted fever. a lot of people can get it and not even know.
>>
>>1023787
All North American ticks can carry and transmit lyme. It's just most common with deer (black-legged) ticks.
>>
It's not mentioned as much as it should, but if you have a bat infestation in/around your home, you can get bat based ticks as well as bat based bed bugs. Some area's actual get their bed bug infestations when the bats vacate a house during its fumigation and move to a near by neighbors. Flying rats find every hole available, vents included.
>>
>>1025047
OP here, and damn, we actually have bats in our chimney. Also I still don't have a bullseye around the bite so I'm remaining hopeful.
>>
>>1023788
>eating red meat nothing.
What does this mean? Are you using Google Translate?
>>
Tick copypasta:

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/43/9/1089/422463/The-Clinical-Assessment-Treatment-and-Prevention
>Early Lyme Disease - Erythema migrans. Doxycycline (100 mg twice per day), amoxicillin (500 mg 3 times per day), or cefuroxime axetil (500 mg twice per day) for 14 days (range, 10–21 days for doxycycline and 14–21 days for amoxicillin or cefuroxime axetil) is recommended for the treatment of adult patients with early localized or early disseminated Lyme disease associated with erythema migrans, in the absence of specific neurologic manifestations (see Lyme meningitis, below) or advanced atrioventricular heart block (A-I). Each of these antimicrobial agents has been shown to be highly effective for the treatment of erythema migrans and associated symptoms in prospective studies. Doxycycline has the advantage of being effective for treatment of HGA (but not for babesiosis), which may occur simultaneously with early Lyme disease. Doxycycline is relatively contraindicated during pregnancy or lactation and in children <8 years of age. Antibiotics recommended for children are amoxicillin (50 mg/kg per day in 3 divided doses [maximum of 500 mg per dose]), cefuroxime axetil (30 mg/kg per day in 2 divided doses [maximum of 500 mg per dose]), or, if the patient is ⩾8 years of age, doxycycline (4 mg/kg per day in 2 divided doses [maximum of 100 mg per dose]) (A-II).

Opinions regarding Fish and Bird Antibiotics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaL4fLXXEJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x248zWZkHM

Stock up:
https://www.campingsurvival.com/fish-and-bird-antibiotics.html?limit=48

Antibiotics Guide:
>Online database
http://www.bpac.org.nz/Supplement/2013/July/antibiotics-guide.aspx
>PDF
http://www.bpac.org.nz/Supplement/2013/July/docs/Antibioitcs_guide_2013.pdf
>>
Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is a way to avoid ticks or make them not bite you?
This shit really fucking scares me also.
>>
>>1025715
Wear steel plate, that way not even spear can bite you
>>
>>1025715
Deet spray + tick card, check every 15 min.
>>
>>1025429
Lone Star ticks can carry a disease that makes you feel nauseous when you try to eat red meat. Try to keep up.
>>
>>1023746
I got that mark on my butt when I was like 14
>>
>>1023746
so what happens if bulls eye mark is present?
>>
>>1025827
It's doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it is a sign that the tick was probably embedded for long enough to transmit a disease. It's a warning sign of Lyme that should be taken very seriously, but it's not a guarantee that a disease has been transmitted.
>>
>>1025715
Permethrin on your clothes. DEET or picaridin on your skin. Bathe every day. Check yourself for ticks after every outing, use a mirror or partner for your back and ass.

Keeping your hair, all of your hair (beard, pubes, chest, etc) short helps. Use a comb.
>>
>>1025841
My hair is long as fuck :/
Don't feel like covering it either. Any other options to cover hair?
>>
>>1025820

Was it your uncle or a cousin?
>>
>>1023810
source?
>>
use a safety razor to remove a tick. don't squeeze it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.