[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i burn wood in these? I haven't been able to get to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: weber.jpg (95KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
weber.jpg
95KB, 1500x1500px
Can i burn wood in these? I haven't been able to get to my campsite recently but i still want to practice fire making. Not to cook just to act as a fire pit really.
>>
>>1023380
dumb idea, it won't have air flow and thermaldynamics rometely similar to a campfire situation so it's a poor simulator to begin with, plus it's not designed to hold a roaring fire. if you're just trying to practice getting tinder to take a flame you can just do that on a brick.
>>
>>1023385
I got no problem with tinder, but i need practice making long lasting, low maintenance fires. I could build another fire pit i guess
>>
>>1023385
wouldn't opening the ash slots on the bottom and leaving the top off give it more than enough airflow?
>>
>>1023385

Clearly you're talking out of your ass. I've made plenty of fires in them, just opening the ash catch provides enough airflow.
>>
>>1023524
the fug are you talking about? yes, opening vents at the bottom of a charcoal grill provides more than enough airflow to make a fire. having a big steel kettle with flow vents at the bottom is not remotely similar to a campfire situation and therefore it's a poor simulation to pratice lighting campfires.
>>
>>1023380
I have used scrap wool in my grill for years.
It fucks em up but nothing lasts forever.
>>
Poor for practice, the vent on the bottom will make it very easy to keep going. Great for a fire if you can't just make a campfire for some reason, I've done it before. Like Anon said you might wreck it eventually.
>>
>>1023385
>don't make fire in device for making fires

WEW
E
W

>>1023380
Just leave the top off and open the side vents. There should be side vents. Mine have them. If it only has a bottom vent, just open it less. The best thing you can do for any BBQ grill is to line the bottom and sides with 1/2" of mud. It will dry out then bake. Once it is "cured" it will add years of life to your grill and is easily replaceable. The reason you don't use sand is because of the bottom vent.

>>1023526
You're a pedantic idiot who misses the point entirely. You also have next to no experience and are talking out your ass.
>>
File: 1482336138257.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1482336138257.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>1023689
The mud idea is legit, thanks for sharing anon.
>>
>>1024780
That idea is stupid, as are you for believing it. Right up there with 'ground cloths' for tents. As you get older you will realize that other parts of the grill will wear out first (same with tents) and you will want to switch to gas or charcoal from boredom and a desire to cook better
>>
>>1024969
How old are you m8
>>
>>1024969
Old enough to be your daddy, son
>>
>>1024969
I recommend eating something before going online to interact with other people. Your blood sugar levels will thank you.
>>
>>1024993
So 60-70? Why are you online and an angry baby?
>>
>>1025039
>>1025010

>muh safe space for snowflakes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.