[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see more and more of these types of outdoor clothing on people,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

I see more and more of these types of outdoor clothing on people, for example some on my classmates on an outing recently and wondered if Jackets and Outdoor pants with shapes and materials like pic related has a special name
>>
>>1023087
Techwear
>>
>>1023087
It's just extra durability in trouble spots.

Intelligently made things are nice.
>>
File: vidda pros 2.jpg (420KB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
vidda pros 2.jpg
420KB, 1494x2656px
>>1023087

My wife's friend made fun of mine and called them "Adventure Pants" which kind of stuck.

I use them for camping or canoeing type stuff when kneeling or sitting a lot because they're reinforced at the seat and the knees and don't have butt pockets. Good ones should have plenty of strong belt loops every 4 inches, stud type snap fasteners and not riveted buttons, no zippers except maybe the fly. My Fjallraven Vidda Pros also have slots for foam knee pads, adjustable ankle straps and boot hooks. So far they've held up well everywhere except the knees.
>>
>>1023087
Its a European thing thats getting extremely popular in North America.

Fjallraven is the best known here, but there are dozens of brands in Europe.
>>
>>1023102
>>1023149
Thanks for replying, couldn't find a "Thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread" in this board and I was curious for this one type of stuff.
>>
>>1023716
OP here, Yeah I can tell. I'm from the land of YES and I'm not surprised by this statement at all.
>>
>>1023709
>>1023716

Fjallravens are pretty expensive. Anyone have experience with cheaper alternatives?
>>
>>1023149
They're nice if you're actually doing things that involves sitting or bending on your knees. I go fishing 2-4 times a day and enjoy wearing them especially when it's wet on the ground. But when I see out of shape hikers wearing these I can't help but smirk at them and their $600 backpack they bought for when they go on dayhikes once or twice a month. You always see these chubby daddy's kids with qt "I love the outdoors but only where I have cell reception" hiking in the most expensive gear around.
>>
>>1024453
A week*
>>
>>1024453
Jealous much?
>>
>>1024453
Green doesn't suit you Anon. Why not just let them be instead of getting so upset?
>>
Am looking for good /out/ pants. I like doing things and getting dirty, so I'm on my hands and knees a lot. I have no problem with jeans except how much they grab at my knees.
I won't spend more than $40 though. I don't expect to get some fancy ass high tech, dry-tek bullshit, but I'm just wondering about a good material to look for, and maybe some examples.
Would anyone be willing to help me out?
>>
>>1024453
They can't be more obnoxious than thru hikers
>>
>>1024643
Nyco grid ripstop. Shit like surplus or new-manufacture USGI BDU pants. Especially in the BDU cut
>triple thickness seat
>reinforced knees
>semi-articulated crotch minimizes blowouts
>either 60/40 or 65/35 nyco ripstop
>good, frequent and wide belt loops
>blousing strings in cuffs and waistband, plus takeup tabs in waistband (wear a belt anyway)
>cheap AF, especially if you can find them at a thrift store or goodwill or some shit
Now, I hate the button-flap back pockets, but that's a super easy fix.
>>
>>1024643

http://workingperson.com/wrangler-riggs-mens-loden-3w360ld-ripstop-ranger-shorts.html

These come in shorts or full length, last about 7 years and are made for doing stuff, bending, squatting plenty o crotch room, enough pockets for everything (tablets and water bottles fit in the cargo pockets) and they are aesthetic to cunts as well as you won't look like a nu male retard
>>
>>1023087
>>1024706

>BUD pants
>any milsurplus gear in cammo

Don't listen to this turbo autist unless you want to look like cringe incarnate outdoors. Check out Haglofs rugged II mountain pants they retail for for about $120+ but I was able to pick up a new pair with tags at geartradedotcom for about $80
>>
>>1024988
>http://workingperson.com/wrangler-riggs-mens-loden-3w360ld-ripstop-ranger-shorts.html

I enjoy Wranger jeans but the belt loops always come apart on me after a few months of use. Every time I try to adjust my gun holster or something I tend to pull a loop out.
>>
>>1024453
>I can't help but smirk at "filthy casuals"
This is a really toxic attitude that will only get you into trouble in real life.
>>
>>1025622
>unless you want to look like cringe incarnate outdoors
if you care what you look like outdoors then you're not /out/ far enough
>>
>>1025658
That won't happen with their Riggs line and there is a lifetime guarantee as well
>>
>>1023087

I don't know about the quality of these, bro....
>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Summer-Waterproof-Breathable-Quick-Dry-Thin-Trousers-Men-Outdoor-Sports-Brand-Clothing-Camping-Trekking-Light/32663993218.html
It's got "TOTAL SHIT Made in China" written all over it.

That said, there are certainly times when a little bit of waterproof reinforcement would be welcome in the knees and butt of a pair of pants, for example spelunking. But for regular hiking or pretty much anything else, just get yourself a breathable pair of nylon pants made by a reputable gear manufacturer that makes their clothing in America, Canada, Europe, Japan, Australia, NZ or other first world country ONLY.
>>
>>1024448
I bought some at rei recently that hold up well, they're not as thick as fjallraven nor padded but it's the columbia brand
>>
I dont get it, just get 100% nylon pants for cheap and be done with it. I have a pair from EMS that are like 7 years old and are still holding up.

Light and airy for summer use, baggy enough for thermal base layer for winter use
>>
File: pants.png (237KB, 1002x783px) Image search: [Google]
pants.png
237KB, 1002x783px
>>1026466
Here is the exact pants I got for the record
>>
>>1025884
Recommendations?
>>
>>1025622
...you do realize they're available in 2-3 dozen solid colors as well, right?
>>
>>1026466
Nylon gets ripped up by briars in my neck of the woods, but they're great for mountainy areas. They also do double duty as great boat/fishing pants.
>>1026477
Columbia and TNF have some decent ones that aren't ridiculously expensive. Otherwise try store brands like Field and Stream (Dick's/F&S) or Habit (Sam's Club, Amazon).
>>
>>1026480
I hike all over the mid Atlantic and haven't tore up a pair of nylon pants yet
>>
>>1024988
Those are made entirely of cotton, take forever to dry, and I literally wore out a pair in one summer. Pretty weak imo.
>>
>>1026497
Multiflora rose and devil's club will kill a pair of nylon pants on the first encounter, and that shit's thick around the midwest. Frequently unavoidable too.
>>
Hi I've recently started spending more time outdoors and have seen just how shit jeans are for it. Always having thi gs fall out kf my pockets, too thick sweaty as fuck, no cargo pocket etc but they do hold up at least. I'm in southern arizona and it gets pretty hot, most techwear I see is synthetic and protects from cold and is impractical for me. Anyone live in a hot climate and have some recomendations?
>>
>>1027525
Tru-spec 24-7 series lightweight cargo pants are my favorite. But really, anything with a loose cut made from lightweight 65/35 poly cotton ripstop is good in heat. Or in cold with a base layer, for that matter.
>>
>>1026469
lol fatty
>>
>>1028587
+1 for tru spec. Im wearing them now.
>>
Any recommendations on cheap walking trousers that are a little thicker, It's usually cold in the UK and for me hiking in jeans is fine except they aren't water proof
>>
>>1031019
Craghoppers tend to be fairly inexpensive, they have tonnes of different types. One thing though, try them on first as their sizing is all over the place. In terms of waterproof trousers, buy over trousers that you can throw on if it starts tipping it down. I don't recommend the trousers that are designed to be both a hiking trouser and be waterproof as they're generally not breathable or particularly waterproof either
>>
>>1031019
>>1031019
Craghoppers tend to be fairly inexpensive, they have tonnes of different types. One thing though, try them on first as their sizing is all over the place. In terms of waterproof trousers, buy over trousers that you can throw on if it starts tipping it down. I don't recommend the trousers that are designed to be both a hiking trouser and be waterproof as they're generally not breathable or particularly waterproof either
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.