[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I become the goat man? I want to live in a small cabin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: goat.jpg (61KB, 492x600px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
61KB, 492x600px
How can I become the goat man? I want to live in a small cabin tending to my flock of goats. I want to live simply eating oats and beans and drinking raw goats milk. I want to sell raw goats milk to people to make a living. I want to stink like a goat. How do I make this dream a reality? How can I become the goat man?
>>
Buy land
>>
>>1022928
And goats....
>>
How do I turn people on to raw goats milk. it is more like human milk than cows milk and doesn't taste goaty if you don't heat it for pasteurization.
>>
>>1022931
You will be the goat man. You will be able to control their minds with your goaty powers. Worry not anon.
>>
>>1022931
This is not true. I had goats growing up, we drank their unpasteurized milk and it tastes very goaty. Good stuff, but very goaty.

Goats are easy, find a plot with edible foliage and let them loose. The kids might climb trees, funniest shit.
>>
>>1022943
what does the goaty flavor taste like
>>
>>1022967
Goat mostly
>>
>>1022931

It always tastes goaty and economically speaking you will never be able to sell as low as cow milk, which is a huge deciding factor for most people.

>>1022967

Like a buck in rut.

As for your dream op, I'm afraid it's all but dead. That world simply doesn't exist anymore. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about goats though.

t. Goat farmer.
>>
>>1022927
>How can I become the goat man?

Here you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatman

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-37443204
>>
File: DSCN4546 (2).jpg (792KB, 2795x1767px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4546 (2).jpg
792KB, 2795x1767px
>>1023203
>all but dead.
Woooo woo WOo there.,
,OP?, come to Nevada,, get paid to run goatson weeds,,be in front along the ditchs for best asperegus,, live BLM or self build cheap,,renthem* nevada,, drink of Udder!,
, why arnt youthere, now?
>>
Are you the underground MGTOW goatman?
>>
>>1023203
how do you make money with goats? I really don't want to sell them for meat because i feel for the poor goats.
>>
>>1023680
I do feel i am going my own way. all i really want to do is milk goats and pay my way. Women Don't really want me and i cant blame them. maybe with goats i will be able to at least find purpose.
>>
>>1023725
There is another anon that wants to start a colony underground raising goats in caves
I believe he also wants to have sex with the goats and start a race of goat people.
It seems a bit far fetched if you ask me
>>
>>1023713

Short answer, meat.

Long answer milk requires a dairy licence to sell milk for human consumption, there are different grades depending on if you are selling milk for drinking or for making other food stuffs, you will go broke building this unless you have a small fortune laying around. After its built you will have to maintain it, which isn't cheap. Dairy goats are extremely picky eaters despite what people think, and you can't feed them silage. Do to the nature of milk you will have to live near the population center you choose to sell to, so even if you have your little cabin you won't be secluded in the least. And as far as feeling bad for the meat, half of each crop of kids is destined for slaughter just by being male. Also since there isn't a huge market for goat meat, much less dairy weathers, you will be selling them at dog food prices which isn't much.

Meat goats are a little easier as you just feed them till slaughter and the start up cost is so much lower that you can afford to get into them without going broke.

Of course you can get around this by moving to an extremely rural area where it is logistically impossible to bring them fresh foodstuffs, but you better be ready to discover the true meaning of poverty if you do so.
>>
File: 1495766161239.jpg (70KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
1495766161239.jpg
70KB, 600x799px
Im starting an E-commerce business incubator in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey. Your post makes me laugh, goat man. The idea of my business will be based on aggriculture. So exactly what youre talking about. Think about the products you can refine from a goat. You can get milk, cheese, yoghurt, cream, butter, meat, and leather from a goat, and you can even boil the bones and extract the bone marrow and reduce it down and make a broth or get even more creative and make the (spelling this wrong) bouyan cubes to make soup stock. The idea of my business incubator makes you a perfect candidate.

Im building a sort of campground model with tiny houses on wheels, and im opening up for applicants who are interested in exactly what you are to apply, you can make GOOD money through an E-commerce website to sell your goat products, especially if youre clever and figure out a way to compound value and refine your goat products down further. For example not just have raw goat milk but dehydrate it and make Whey protein powder and it can be shipped around the world.

I already have a guy so far that just makes knives out of old railway spikes, then wrap the handle with paracord. Costs about $2.50 to make and can sell for $74.95
>>
>>1024202
>Im starting an E-commerce business incubator in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey.

This is as far as I got before I realized you were a faggot and stopped reading.

I'm so fucking tired of this faggy hipster "lets all be country farmers" phase. I wish you fucks would all just kill yourselves.
>>
>>1023786
Knew a goatman, can confirm sex was had with the goats as some of the offspring were bald just like goat Ross was
>>
File: SteelDome12L.jpg (27KB, 805x631px) Image search: [Google]
SteelDome12L.jpg
27KB, 805x631px
>>1024227
Wow I bet you got your life together.

I'll show you, you fuck.
>>
>>1023713
Cheese
>>
File: bg1[1].jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bg1[1].jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
Sheep are superior desu
>>
>>1024504
Whores
>>
>>1024504
Moar!
>>
>>1022927
OP this my dream also.

We won't get everything we desire out of this life, but everything a man accomplishes starts as just a wish.

I'm going to try and volunteer on a goat farm near me, to start learning the skill set before I buy my own land. Hopefully they won't turn me down.
>>
>>1024637
>>1022927

Good luck to you guys.
With a sizable farm, life is hard but you can access most commodities.

OP lifestyle is hardmode, my dad did that for a few months; I spent a few days with him there in the mountain. If it is your call, I guess it is you call... Best of luck to you especially.

t. a guy raised in an organic dairy farm with goats but also other stuff...
>>
File: yakult-botal-5.png (147KB, 296x448px) Image search: [Google]
yakult-botal-5.png
147KB, 296x448px
Should we just start a MGTOW goat commune and be done with it?
>>
>>1023203
>>1022931
The best you can do is make some cheese, it's taste would be more interesting, start from fresh and move slowly towards the seasoned.
Goat milk it's not that great.
>>
File: IMG_1172.gif (2MB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1172.gif
2MB, 352x264px
>>1023308
What the fuck does this even say?
>>
>>1025462

>whoa there op, come to Nevada and get paid to to run goats on weeds. Be in front of them while they are eating on ditches so you can harvest any asparagus growing there before they eat it. Live on BLM land or build your own place cheaply. Rent them in Nevada and drink of their udders. Why aren't you there now?

He's a decent bloke, just takes a couple posts to get used to how he communicates. I kinda figured he had died since I haven't seen him post in a while.
>>
>>1022927
>current year
>still idealizing subsistence farming
Civilization developed for a reason
>>
>>1022927
Follow vid related OP.

https://youtu.be/QuVS0b3Cseg
>>
>>1025475
Who is he?
>>
File: check em.jpg (47KB, 350x427px) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
47KB, 350x427px
>>1025555
LOOKIDEH QUADS, BOY.
Also, seconding out of curiosity.
>>
>>1025555
>>1025576

Just another anon who posts funny. He's in the horse threads a lot but I don't make it my business to know any more about him than that.
>>
>>1022927

http://werentgoats.com

These goat enthusiasts do alot of business in Boise clearing weeds so you end up getting paid for them to eat. Their business is doing very well so lots of money to be made
>>
File: 800px-Malta_Gbejniet.jpg (95KB, 800x399px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Malta_Gbejniet.jpg
95KB, 800x399px
>>1023713
>>1023851
Forget meat
>>1024501
>>1025456
These guys get it.

Artisanalll, organic, ethical friendly, massaged, sung to goats cheese could make you dollar. You'd have to actually learn how to make good goats cheese which is a skill and an artform but defiantly could make you dream to be a g-g-g-g-goat man come true.
>>
Making it as a goat farmer is tough shit. Your work will extend far from your own land if you want to sell you product(which will be mainly CHEESE and the odd PELT when the goats get older and stops producing milk). There really isn't any interest in goat cheese as of today. People get what little they need from the supermarkets(which is of horrible quality).

Your real job, where you make your money, will be taking your product to markets and selling it personally. You cannot compete with standardized brands as they are so low in price and most consumers only care about price. You will literally loose money at those levels.

TL;DR
Make good cheese, sell at markets for higher price. Learn to be a salesman.

>ex goat farmer
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.