[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /out/ read? I just finished Walden by Thoreau. Next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: knut hamsun.jpg (42KB, 283x475px) Image search: [Google]
knut hamsun.jpg
42KB, 283x475px
What does /out/ read?

I just finished Walden by Thoreau. Next on my list is pic related.
>>
just finished 'touching my father's soul' by tenzing norgay which was pretty amazing, starting on 'a man and his mountains' by norman croucher which seems to be more based on actual climbing and a story than the previous. recommend them both though
>>
File: Pentti Linkola.jpg (72KB, 800x574px) Image search: [Google]
Pentti Linkola.jpg
72KB, 800x574px
I also read Linkola's "Can life prevail"

he is quite extreme , but was a very interesting read
>>
File: nature cathedral.jpg (333KB, 412x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nature cathedral.jpg
333KB, 412x1000px
>>1022922

Thanks for the recommendation, will check it out.
>>
>>1022923
>many unneeded buildings to cover the green earth
Remind me which Virgin Island it is that Finland is next to?
>>
>>1022918
I'm on the third book in the Sharpe series.
>>
>>1022918
I mainly read sci-fi due to a relative dearth in /out/-related literature.

I will say I greatly enjoyed Peter Capstick's writings. Most of which is about being a professional African hunter. He manages to convey respect for the pursuit and the environment while adding humor and light-heartedness to it.
>>
Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey
>>
The Passing of the Great Race by Madison Grant
>>
>>1022918
Industrial Society and its Future
>>
File: 1494120026598.jpg (279KB, 682x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1494120026598.jpg
279KB, 682x1388px
>>1023939
Go away Ted.
>>
Growth of the Soil was promising but turned into a bit tiresome after a while. Reminded me of The Jungle by Upton Sinclair in a way, it was a bit of a repetitive polemic.

Knut Hamsun's Pan was a really good book. I also like Hunger and Mysteries too, but Pan goes with the /out/ theme.

It took me some time to actually get into it, the narrative style being somewhat difficult at first and dense, but Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey is one of my favorite books. I've reread it many times.

The Men of the Last Frontier and Pilgrims of the Wild by Grey Owl are good reads and provide an interesting glimpse of life for the voyageurs and trappers back then in Canada.

Soul Catcher by Frank Herbert is another recommendation.
>>
>>1022918
Typically read non-fiction
>>
The Peregrine right now.

Pretty good desu.

Also good:
The Goshawk
The Land Breakers
>>
>>1024158
also have to add Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurty. Read the book then watch the series. It's a great book, I got lost in it.
>>
Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey, read it while backpacking Arches National Park

I also read At Home in the Woods by Bradford and Vena Angier. Was shorter and lighter but still a good read
>>
>>1022918
The Thousand-Mile Summer by Colin Fletcher. It's about a man hiking the east side of California from the Mexican border to Oregon during the 1950's. I read it years ago and I still think about it sometimes.
>>
>>1022918
I like Walden except for the part where he goes on about not having a pattern with shit. Like the part where he realized he made a path to the river or whatever? Like dude who fuckin cares
>>
Wild Sheep Chase by Murakami was the last thing I read while /out/. One of my new favorites and also pretty appropriate for a multi day hike
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.