[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to buy some clif bars to see what its hype is all about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

>want to buy some clif bars to see what its hype is all about
>prices as low as $0.93 in the US
>store in my city on the other side of the pound sells it at 2.35€
Is it worth or am I being memed by marketing old tricks?
>>
>>1020842
There are approximately a gorillion different protein/meal bars in current production. About half of them are even palatable. Cliff bars are just the most well known. Find a different one.
>>
>>1020842
Clif bars are astonishingly average. Really do the trick though. The mint ones are a winner imo.
>>
File: 1360688703690.jpg (6KB, 215x225px) Image search: [Google]
1360688703690.jpg
6KB, 215x225px
>One of the shops on uni campus does a meal deal
>Can get a sandwhich/wrap, drink, and a snack for £3.29
>they have all peanut and chocolate cliff bars as snacks
>take them home and stockpile them for /out/ings instead of eating them with lunch

Feels good
>>
>>1020921
>£3.29
>3,83€
I can have a full meal for that price, a glass of wine and coffee.

But you're doing good stockpiling, Nigel.
>>
>>1020926
Telling outright falsities on the Internet is fun!
Where abouts in the Romanian slums do you live?
>>
>>1020842
The hype is overblown, but as I pointed out in the other thread, Clif bars are nice outdoors food because they taste OK, come in a variety of flavors and have a good amount of calories, but also because they are relatively easy to eat when either hot or cold. They don't melt like chocolate candy bars, and when they do freeze, you can still eat them pretty easily because there isn't too much water content and they aren't too thick.

On the other hand, there seems to be a pretty universal propensity of getting sick of them by about your 200-500th bar, whether a person eats that many of them all in the span of a month or over ten years, it seems to be impossible to eat any more than that many and still like the taste (and texture) of them.

Like someone else said, there are other companies making these kinds of bar foods in the US, so we can at least mix things up, although I don't know about availability of these kinds of foods in metric land. The commonly recommended alternatives, if bars aren't available, would be things like granola or mixed nuts. The niche that Clif bars fill is to have an easy snack food to eat during breaks from heavy activity that doesn't require any preparation.
>>
>>1020842
im US

when they are 10 for 10 bucks the night im buying food for a trip i grab them. i have never regreted having them on a trip they are pretty fillong. i dont get people who eat them on the regs. i get sick of them by the third one
>>
>>1020949
>i dont get people who eat them on the regs.
Because I'm a lazy fuck and a glass of orange juice and a Clif bar makes for an easy breakfast instead of dirtying my frying pan or toasting anything.
>>
>>1020842
Love the shit out of these things, most of them taste a little bland though but they will give you energy
>>
>>1020932
>Telling outright falsities on the Internet is fun!
Do I really need to take a picture from the restaurant down the road?

>rice, beef, french fries, salad, glass of wine and coffee
>4,5€
And Yes I'm moving the price a little higher but it's true. And yes, I live in a low income EU country.
>>
>>1020959
And this is why I liked trundling around northern Spain (well, up until I hit NE Spain and everyone spoke Catalan and I couldn't understand anyone) in the early 2000's.
>stop in small town
>go to one of the 3 restaurants in the place
>enough prawn paella to feed a small army, a whole roasted chicken, a large tureen of gaspatcho, small plate of sliced cold roast duck, large carafe of a decent table wine, and 2 cups of coffee
>designed specifically to serve 2 adults and a primary school aged child or 2 adults and 2-3 babies
>380 pesetas (at the time around $2.90USD)
A whole bottle of decent wine cost a quarter. A bottle of cheap/subpar wine could be had for a nickel. Even the small cafes would take the peseta, the GBP, the USD, and the German Mark, although the exchange rate favored the USD heavily enough at the time it was better to convert to pesetas first.
>>
>>1020949
>i dont get people who eat them on the regs
I'll toss one in my bag with a piece of fruit or something else, hit the library and go to classes, and eat one just to keep me going
>>
>>1020996
>eating bars reach in calories without working out
that's how you get fat, anon.
>>
wish i could find pack of any brand bars in EU for cheap, anything for protein/calorie intake is just mad expensive since it's not a widespread product over here.
at this point i just buy pack of Snickers
>>
>>1021002
Not when done as a meal replacement and not a meal supplement.

The Clif bars run between 200 and 280 Calories depending on style and flavor. Add in a piece of fruit and you've hit the low end of a normal lunch for caloric intake.
>>
These fucking bars really annoy my teeth, it's like biting into packaging peanuts.

SQUEEEE
>>
>>1020842
I prefer quest bars since they are more filling and have a cookies & cream option. Every clif bar I had tasted like literal dirt except for the newer white chocolate one.
>>
>>1021230
What? That is not normal at all for Clif bars.
>>
>>1021367
Maybe he didn't take the wrapper off.
>>
>>1021370
>Taking the wrapper off
Its like you don't want the extra fiber and nutrients.
>>
>>1021002
I don't have time to eat meals all the time due to my workload and schedule, there's nothing wrong with replacing a 500 calorie lunch with a 200-300 calorie supplement. I'm fit as fuck buddy.
>>
>>1020842
I personally like cliff bars, the one in your pic is probably best tasting. The next option would be snickers energy bars, yes they make them, preferably in chocolate peanut butter. I recommend you drink loads of water though, they kinda get stuck.
>>
No healthier than a snickers bar
>>
>>1020926
I can have 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts and unlimited water for that price and eat all day
>>
>>1020842

Marketing. Make your own for way less. I'm ashamed by how disgustingly consumerist this board is since its inception.
>>
File: 201.jpg (322KB, 909x1086px) Image search: [Google]
201.jpg
322KB, 909x1086px
So I went ahead and bought one to try it, well I wasn't amazed but neither I was disappointed.
The bar was softer than I expected but that's nice, I like it that way, the flavor was kinda bland tho.

All in all I will not buy again for the price in op, but if I find a nice deal in one of the Euro amazons I will buy a couple boxes just for shits n giggles.
>>
>>1020935

This. They are perfectly palatable and are practically indestructible.

They are purchasable just about anywhere, are perfectly edible, and don't get fucked up if they get too hot or get crushed or anything.
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>1022356
it looks like a feçie
>>
>>1022356
their main function (for me anyway) is to stave off hunger, which it does exceptionally well.
>>
>>1022356
What flavour did you try? Some are better than others. My favourite is the chocolate mint or macadamia nut
>>
Make pemmican
>>
I just get the kirkaland ones from costco.
Way cheaper for a box of 60
>>
>>1022798
Crunchy peanut butter.
>>
The snack that guarantees you that you WILL be shitting in the woods later this evening.
>>
>>1023858
... No.
>>
>>1022356
>>1022798
>>1022892
dark chocolate brownie >>>> blueberry pomegranate >>>> white chocolate macadamia >>>> all else
>>
>>1020842
Yes they are worth
>>
They taste good but I was hoping they'd have less sugar and calories. They'e basically just a candy bar with added protein
>>
>>1020842

had them as a breakfast bar for an AT thru hike last year, must have had between 120 and 200. as has been said theres a good variety and in the usa you can often get them 10 for $10 USD ($13 AUD).

get back to australia and the cheapest you find them is $3 aud each, with much less variety. sad because i liked them, but theres tonnes of other protein bars.

they are overpriced outside the USA.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.