[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just went to REI in denver to pick up a few items that i wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 15

File: img-3.php_7.jpg (49KB, 576x578px) Image search: [Google]
img-3.php_7.jpg
49KB, 576x578px
Just went to REI in denver to pick up a few items that i wanted to see in person before buying.
What a fucking shit show.
Breeders fucking everywhere .
Kids and strollers and just huge throngs of humanity in general.
EVERYONE of these cocksuckers will be clogging up the trails every weekend this summer for 150 miles in every direction.
I was so much happier when backpacking was for just a few nerds and not one bit popular.
What went wrong?
>>
>>1020194
dont live near big cities or tourist traps?
>>
God damn youre a faggot, so are they but still you are a cocksucker
>>
>>1020194
First of all, you are a massive faggot and probably just jealous of the hen other kids for having mommies who will go to REI with them.

To explain for the other people in the thread, though, REI is like other sporting goods stores that have indoor amusement parks. With its rock climbing wall REI is used by young mothers as a sort of daycare for their kids. Never go into a Scheels if you have one in your state. It's the same sort of thing; the one local to me has a fucking Ferris wheel inside it. It has nothing to do with sporting goods and everything to do with the "other shit" inside the store.
>>
Sorry for the thread guys, i have been out of the loop for a while and just did not realized how commercialized outside had become.
It caused a minor meltdown for me and i made a shitty blogpost here.
I will go back to lurking.
>>
First weekend of Anniversary sale. You picked the busiest time to go. You are one of the people you're complaining about.
>>
>>1020194
REI is the equivalent of the GAP in colorado. 90% of the people you saw are hipsters making a fashion statement about how rugged they are by buying a mountain bike to ride around the neighborhood. if you drive half an hour out of the CBD in any direction you can get away from 70% of the yuppies. the fact that this bugs you means you're probably a pissed off lakewood cholo who'se mourning that your favorite inner city park is full of trash.
>>
>>1020194
>I was so much happier when backpacking was for just a few nerds and not one bit popular.
>What went wrong?

Sparing a lecture on my opinions and thoughts on modern human evolution that is best suited for /pol/, the best way to describe this is that backpacking is the easiest "hard" thing you can do outside.

Very little skill involved, which is what makes it perfect.
>>
>>1020194
The only people who use the term breeders are literal faggots. Just so you know, we know.
>>
>>1020208
omaha? that one has a ferris wheel, too.
>>
>>1020194
How does it make you feel that me and my buddies will be headed into your mountains and enjoying your free state parks next week, while spending absolutely no money in your state?
>>
>>1020269
This. Good going, OP.

Sale kicks ass, by the way.
>>
>>1020373
10 to 20 percent off is not much of a sale.
>>
File: bobby_hill.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
bobby_hill.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
>>1020194
>Goes to a memestore
>Pissed of at all the memesters
>>
>>1020194
>hit the trail earlier
>hike further
i live innawoods within an hour of 6,000,000 people who all like to fill up the parking lots of our parks, but they don't arrive until after 10 am, and they never go further than 2 miles from their car. so my wife and i get there at 8, do a 10 mile hike, and hardly ever see another person until we're 15 minutes from being done anyways.

oh, and we bring our 2 year old son. :)
>>
>>1020336
>me and my buddies
fuck off, chad
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 198x254px
>>1020732
>wife
>2 y/o son
>>
File: the gay agenda.png (411KB, 365x627px) Image search: [Google]
the gay agenda.png
411KB, 365x627px
>>1020194

>breeders
>>
>>1020736
>white man
>white wife
>white son
>living physical, healthy, lifestyle
i believe the man in your picture would disagree with your opinion. :)
>>
File: Richard_Proenneke.jpg (30KB, 213x312px) Image search: [Google]
Richard_Proenneke.jpg
30KB, 213x312px
>>1020740
enjoy hiking with your toddler, pleb.
>>
>>1020742

>enjoy sleeping in a bed with your wife every night and raising loving children and teaching them life lessons and important values you fucking normie REEEEE
>>
>>1020742
i do, thanks.
>>
File: Kn47477ipsel.png (289KB, 357x345px) Image search: [Google]
Kn47477ipsel.png
289KB, 357x345px
>>1020749
>>
LOL, Then don't ever go to a Bass Pro Shop..
1. literally everything in the store is $100 or more.
2. It's like the people from walmart and target got together and had an offspring of rich rednecks.
3.The clearance section is decent, if you are extremely lucky.
>>
>>1020736
>having a traditional family of European descent
>bad
You're either a faggot, jealous or both.

>>1020740
Good on you anon, rise him right.
>>
>>1020804
>2. It's like the people from walmart and target got together and had an offspring of rich rednecks
lol. this x1000. i always describe bass pro as the perfect place to shop if you want a pink camo trucker hat with a gold columbia logo.
>>
>>1020194
Legal pot brought vagrant jobless cucks in droves.

They fucked up
>>
>>1020815
>vagrants care about the legality of pot
lol no. look at local homeless support (enablement) programs. if they weren't catered to hand and foot they wouldn't be as numerous there.
>>
I love in a mountain town and my local REI is fine. Just gear at good prices. No complaints. Plus the staff is knowledgeable as fuck
>>
Thing is man, we've got energy, real estate and a hundred other lobbies looking to tear apart the places we love for resources/land. The only way our woods stay woods is if they've got mass support i.e. from the people you're looking at here. So let the subhuma-- er, suburban yoga moms circlejerk over their ultralight titanium sporks, because without them investing all that sweet sweet white collar money into "save the national monuments" campaigns and such, the woods are just too niche an interest to fend off economic interests. Put up with "outdoor culture" and let them fetishize their gear and read their cheryl strayed, because it means more beautiful acreage for the rest of us to explore.
>>
>>1020194
>the week before memorial day
>during a massive sale

i mean are you serious....?

also those are future sc/out/s. those are the kids who will be raised going into the woods and learning to love nature and being outside just like we did. many of them will grow into righteous, polite, independent people. I would rather see kids in REI than Gamestop. Plus are you hiking the same trails as toddlers? step up your game.
>>
>>1020804
>The clearance section is decent, if you are extremely lucky.

you are not kidding

lady friend go at top of the line (for) marmot gortex shell at 60 percent off because it was "last year's color" i was pretty jelly.
>>
File: szg.gif (2MB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
szg.gif
2MB, 400x243px
Tfw there is no REI within 100 miles of me.
>>
>>1020194
>What went wrong?
Success breeds jealousy, and you wasted too much time on 4chan cultivating all your worst flaws, instead of becoming properly socialized, studying, networking, and pursuing life goals.
>>
>>1020194
Native here, these people dont go out. They are hipsters and basically larp. Also avoid the popular parks, I rarely see people when I hike above 10,000ft.
>>
File: BeatitFag.png (16KB, 506x581px) Image search: [Google]
BeatitFag.png
16KB, 506x581px
>>1020915
>no mention of eminent domain
>>
File: wack.jpg (61KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
wack.jpg
61KB, 540x405px
>>1020194
>he shops to REI
>he doesn't get pro-deals on everything through work or from his /out/ friends
>he doesn't go shopping/ ordering from based Sierra Trading Post or army surplus stores for better shit at a lower price
>he doesn't go /out/ far enough into the wilderness to avoid normies
>he hates families and doesn't strive to have one of his own some day to do real /out/ shit with

lmaoing at ur lyfe kiddo
>>
>>1020194
>breeders
I chuckled a bit. Around here, all the city folk head north to the parks during the long weekends. All the highways get clogged up, huge traffic jams in the towns along the way. Peak season is a circus.
>>
>>1020208
Utah Scheels has a fucking ferris wheel too.
>>
>>1021081

>Native here

Elizabeth Warren native? Or Listerine chugger?
>>
>>1021242
How log has it been like this?
>>
Jesus. All you guys do is complain.
>>
>>1021524
Always...? It's gotten much, much worse since pot was legalized.

>Estes park in the summer
>pull into the edge of town to pee at a gas station before going into rmnp
>line for the bathroom because everyone had the same idea, whatever
>wheezing red land whale lumbers up behind me with three kids in tow
>"A LINE for a UNISEX bathroom? Well, *welcome to Colorado!*"

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee get out get out get out
>>
>be me
>live in London
>be last weekend
>get tent and sleeping bag ready
>pack a disposable barbecue and food
>get ready for a comfy weekend of camping
>catch train to a random regional station in the middle of nowhere
>hikers fucking everywhere
>keep walking and there's a house / farm within 200 yards wherever I go
>literally can't find an isolate spot
>end up sleeping under a bridge for three hours then catching the first train back to London at 5:30am

Fucking hate living in London. Too many people in general in this region.
>>
>>1021527
>disposable barbecue

I would know more about this
>>
>>1021542
Its just tubberware full of chicken wings
>>
File: _61222609_uk_habits_464.jpg (49KB, 624x645px) Image search: [Google]
_61222609_uk_habits_464.jpg
49KB, 624x645px
>>1021527
yeah, sorry, you're fucked.
>>
>>1020194
>EVERYONE of these cocksuckers will be clogging up the trails every weekend this summer for 150 miles in every direction.

Nah, most of them won't make it past Mt. Falcon, or +-5 miles north / south of I70
>>
>>1020194
What's a breeder?
>>
>>1021779
someone with kids
>>
>>1020194
They're having their biggest sale of the year you sperg
>>
Just wanted to say I buy all of my /out/ shit on Amazon or from local sporting goods stores. Nearest REI is an hour and a half away so it's those options or Walmart
>>
>>1020194
Its fucking denver retard what did you expect? You going to kayak down the platt through downtown too?
>>
>>1020194

What are you like 19? REI is not new and the situation you are describing is not new. On top of it all the "backpacking secret club" you are imagining wasn't ever a thing. Did you just start going into the woods this month or something?
>>
>>1020194
>What went wrong?

>look at all these retards doing what i do, how dare they
you literally ARE one of those retards

do you know how many miles of trail in colorado there are that don't even get hiked once a month? if you're on packed trails you're just being lazy, lame, and unoriginal -- and if you're complaining about it, you're just a fucking moron.
>>
>>1020742
Get off your fat ass and exercise more if you're embarrassed about getting passed on the trail by a three year old.
>>
>>1022097
>>1020749
>enjoy sleeping in a bed with the same exact woman every night.
No thanks, after a few years this sounds like a living nightmare.
>>
>>1020208
Are you in Kansas City? Or is every Scheels like this? That's the only one I've ever been in.
>>
>>1022261
to each their own, but i've been married 11 years and it's still as wonderful as day 1.
>>
>>1022284
I can never tell if guys like you are just bullshitting or simpletons.
Its like that southpark episode where every male pretends to be shocked that tiger woods would cheat on his wife.
>>
>>1020194

>Breeders

You mean normal people, right?
>>
>>1022303
Self replicating normies, yes.
I like to avoid them when they have the offspring in tow.
What i hate most is when they show up at a nice restaurant to ruin everyones meal.
>>
File: CO.png (23KB, 1026x683px) Image search: [Google]
CO.png
23KB, 1026x683px
>>1022315
Get out of my state.
>>
>>1022315

You must be fun at parties...
>>
>>1022331
Another pet peeve!
>throw a party
>say lets have adult conversations so leave the kids at home
>say it right on the fucking invitation
Friends still bring their shitty fucking kids.
>>
its always fun to watch people hate on other people for being selfish, when their own argument is purely selfish itself

just goes to show how fundamentally fucked humanity is because every one of us is guilty of it
>>
>>1022380
>>
>>1020804
Field&Stream > Cabelas > Bass Pro

Gander Mountain faggots stay away
>>
>>1022331
You sound like a no fun moralizer yourself
>>
>>1022290
lol. sorry not everyone lives up to the world view you've created to justify your lonely life.
>>
REI, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop and the like are all for fashion nazis who just want to look like they out while hanging at Starbucks. Even with the sale prices these places are over rated.
As for you breeders who clog up my trails with your little leaches, either stay in the city parks or put your carpet munchers on leashes. Don't ruin my peaceful environment with your screaming demons.
>>
>>1022732
>carpet munchers on leashes
goddammit anon, i literally just jerked it. why are you trying to get me to double down?
>>
>>1022710
Gave yourself off with that post

Had him baited pretty good
>>
>>1022732
Sorry anon, but you have to get kids started /out/ early if they're going to get in to it. And only by keeping the next generation interested can we retain legal access to public lands. I don't like it either because I hate crowds but it's the bitter truth.

But don't fret, when I get my daughter out there I'll make sure she's respectful because that's just how we're raising her.

What you should REALLY be pissed about is REI's shitty, pander-fest 'Level the playing field' campaign aimed at coaxing more women outdoors through classes, handholding, and of course tailor-made gear that they will buy at REI. /out/ is going to be flooded with normie bitches and their herds of orbiters after this. Motherfuckers.
>>
>>1022771
>when I get my daughter out there I'll make sure she's respectful

I bet your little carpet muncher turns out to be a carpet muncher.
>>
>>1022754
>thinking i'm baiting
please. it's so obvious anon is one of those deluded
>all women are vapid materialistic whores who only like assholes
mgtow morons that he won't stop to consider that maybe the problem lies with him instead of being a flaw intrinsic in every one of the 3.5 billion women on earth.
>>
>>1022919
and in all honesty, it takes one to know one; 15 years ago i was right there. fortunately i didn't have this echo chamber to confirm my stereotypes, so i managed to escape.
>>
>>1022919
Implying feminism has had no effect
>>
>>1022771
I dunno about where you live, but my local REI has always been filled with normie women shopping for yoga pants and ski trip clothes.

I suppose I'm not much better though, I just go there during sales for casual clothes and EDC stuff and get my serious /out/ shit elsewhere.
>>
>>1022849
How is it possible to be this autistic?
>>
>>1023022
all of this.

rei's great if i need something rightnow, but otherwise i just go there to try stuff on then buy it for 35% less online.
>inb4 some corporate jew accuses me of stealing from rei or links that gayass youtube video
i never ask employees for help, so i'm not costing them anything
>>
>>1023025
>gayass youtube video
What video is this?
>>
>>1020194
>Just went to REI in denver to pick up a few items that i wanted to see in person before buying.
>What a fucking shit show.
>Breeders fucking everywhere .

At least you're not in Aurora. Used to be such a nice suburb.

Now, it's basically blacks & homeless californians standing around on street corners. People don't even bat an eye at violent crime here anymore, much less robberies.

This is not the denver of your childhood anymore...
>>
>>1023059
can't find it right now. it's some crotchety old man complaining that showrooming=theft, on the premise that you're stealing the employee's time and the money that the business is paying them.

fwiw when i shop at stores with knowledgeable employees who's advice i ask for and consider i pay the premium to buy stuff there. but when you staff your store with retards who are less help than the comments on an online store price is going to be more of a factor.
>>
>>1023085
I went in there just to look at a biolite stove.
None on display.
Cant even open one up
No more information than amazon
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.