[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /out/ think of Outdoor Herbivore? More specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Outdoor Herbivore.jpg (59KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
Outdoor Herbivore.jpg
59KB, 500x340px
What does /out/ think of Outdoor Herbivore? More specifically their Vegan meals?
>>
>Go /out/
>Eat stuff from outside but paying for it to be wrapped in a bag

Might as well just learn to gather properly at that point
>>
I try to stay vegan and was looking for a good outdoor dehydrated/ freeze dried meal and found outdoor herbivore. There are like 3 video reviews for some of their products that say they are pretty good. Anybody else here try to stay vegan and goes out doors? I think a days ration of the meals is like 1500 calories which I'm not sure if I could get away with eating or not I'm like 190 lbs.
>>
>>1018115
ive tried eating some grasses and cedar berries before. the grasses ive heard are not easily digestible but I don't think it was too hard on my stomach. The cedar berries were tasty but made me thirsty. I have also heard of eating dandelions and such but don't have much experience beyond eating grass, dew berries, and cedar berries.
>>
>>1018120
Clif bars. This anon >>1016946 gets it.
>>
>>1018120
1500 calories is not going to cover your TDEE if active at 190 lbs.
>>
File: at-map.jpg (228KB, 640x669px) Image search: [Google]
at-map.jpg
228KB, 640x669px
>>1018113
My vegan brother had them when we did the appalachian trail and I tried some. He said they were pretty good and that the peanut butter matchsticks and mac n' cheese were the best ones, I agree with him
>>
>>1018120
if you dont have moral or scientific objections to it, TSP (textured soy protein) are like chunks of soy protein (70% protein by weight) which taste quite meaty
>>
>>1018207
well, they feel meaty, and are excellent flavor vestibules
>>
>>1018207
>>1018212
This
And they are super light
I'm not vegan and I always bring a small bag of TVP on trips to add to ramen or couscous

>>1018115
Your inexperience is showing
Have fun gathering food at 12,000 ft
>>
>>1018115
Meat is also from outside, y'know.
>>
>>1018195
>vegan
>cheese
>>
File: dehydrator_cuisinart.jpg (228KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dehydrator_cuisinart.jpg
228KB, 1500x1500px
>>1018113
Not a fan of pre-packaged stuff in general. It's expensive and produces a lot of trash you have to carry out with you.

Better to invest in your own dehydrator, buy some plastic bags, and eat whatever you want wherever you want.
>>
>>1020981
>What is imitation cheese?
>>
>>1021033
tastes like shit pham
>>
>>1021033
It's everything but cheese
>>
>>1021311
It's oil, the same shit added to cheese food product
>>
>>1020989
You could also use the oven, you don't need a dehydrator.
>>
>>1018120
1500 cal or the stuff in the picture at 750 are far far to to low unless you plan to eat them at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. hiking will burn between 250 and 500 cal per hour if you do normal stuff. the upper bound being uphill or heavy load. ( or even more but im also 1,90 and somewhat athletic so chances i have a higher TDEE then some vegan skeletor)
of course you can keep going on a deficit without issues ( besides fatigue, limited regeneration and maybe increased cold perception) and weight limitation may even force this on long treks.

Pro tip the low cal should not be issue just pick some oils you like and add them to the meals. some good olive oil will fit into almost every food if you planahead, and has great cal/g to bump you up.

>>1020989
>tfw you actually bought a small professional dehydrator to make jerky and fruit leather all summer long
>>
>vegan
>out

Muh poor little animals! Jesus Christ...
>>
>>1018113
>2015+2
>not being biltong master race

is that just expensive dry pasta with nuts and spices?
>>
>>1023419
nice argument m8
>>
>>1018332
>the meat you eat actually comes from animals that never go outside
>>
>>1018207
>>1018212
>>1018226

It's too bad about the estrogenic compounds in them, TVP is actually really good in chilli but I won't eat it.
>>
>>1023500
yea. i mean while knowing the estrogen meme is ambush marketing, and that drinking literal cows milk is both intaking copious amount of growth hormones, as well as conceptually being a pretty bitchboy drink, it really is too bad

my issue with tvp is that its purportedly isolated using hexane, a petroleum product
>>
>>1023500
I'm not convinced phytoestrogens are harmful as there is conflicting research on this issue
>>1023504
>my issue with tvp is that its purportedly isolated using hexane, a petroleum product
Yes. Most soy extracts are isolated with nasty shit. Tofu is not though
>>
>>1023447
You takin your supplements anon? Don't forget because your vegan lifestyle literally is not feasible.
>>
>>1024048
you are using the professional tense of the word feasible? because there are entire cultures that adhere to the lifestyle, as well as people in advanced age.

which version of the word 'feasible' are you using? i dont think i've heard it used that way before
>>
>>1023450
>eating anything other than free-range meat
>making it
>>
>>1024072
Not that guy, and I'm not anti-vegan, but you do need a source of B-12
There are ways to get this without supplements
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.