[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ clothing thread What do you guys choose for all your /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 238x212px
/out/ clothing thread

What do you guys choose for all your /out/ related needs? Brands? Styles?
>>
whatever decent i find at the thrift store. quite a bit of columbia, some north face and patagonia, a couple rei shirts.
>>
>>1016344
>Brands? Styles?
Really I don't care, I'm not a consumer whore
>>
>>1016352
I was really more looking for ones to avoid or that are expense for no appreciable gain

But ya this is just as helpful an autistic part as any
>>
I'm really poor but I care immensely about how I look when I am alone in the woods.

Can you recommend some pants for me? 6'2 195.
>>
>>1016344
Whatever I get the best pro deals on.

>tfw getting Mountain Hardwear, OR, and Patagonia for like 60%-70% msrp.
Get a job in the industry, OP.
>>
>>1016344

Pretty sure all L.L. Bean brand goods are lifetime warranty.
>>
>>1016344
I used to be a sucker for marketing and muh x brand superior quality, then I grew up and started realizing that it's mostly made in the same factories in China, even US and EU made products more often than not use materials made in PRC. That and the fact that I don't live in a country with harsh weather makes pretty easy for me to not give a fuck anymore about brands.

Nowadays /out/ I wear old shirts and boardshorts/ mtb shorts.

That being said there are a couple brands that I like their gear/clothes, Millet for example has some sweet hardshells and I think it's or it used to be made in France.
Same for Arc'teryx, but desu for my needs I couldn't justify their price, if I were into mountaineering or something like that maybe it was different though.
>>
>>1016429
Outfitter here. The deals are half the reason I took the job.
>>
>>1016482
Arc'teryx isn't about having better performance. I mean it's good but most of what you pay for is where the product comes from. There are factories in china that hire 6 year olds and pay them half a cent an hour and then there are factories that are the opposite. So the prices are kinda justified it's just up to you whether or not it's worth it. Really good warranties and customer service too.
>>
I just wear a long sleeve Columbia silver ridge shirt and short running shorts. If it's cold I throw on a Rab Xenon jacket
>>
>>1016377
>6'2 195.
What fuck is it? Maya calendar?
>>
>>1016344
Personally I'm a minimalist.

Fuck your topic, I'll go in my own direction.

Basically, wool is fucking King for cold. Wool plus a water proof shell and you'll be completely immune to the cold. Who makes the shit doesn't fucking matter, because if it's any good they've long since put themselves out of business because they'll have zero repeat customers.

Sunny and hot? Fucking straw hat and bug repellent.

Make a hat band so it's a little more personal. Snakes make great hat bands.

Don't forget the bug repellent, you'll not give a flying fuck about cancer when you realize your all natural bug repellent natural remedy doesn't fucking work.
>>
>>1017048
Its height and I guess weight. Could be dick length and Gay encounters on the trail
>>
>>1016352
Särmä seems like a good option. Cheap, no logos, mostly made in Europe and they're /ourguys/.
>>
>>1016377
what's your waist size cunt?
>>
>>1016344
Mostly arc', 20+ jackets and counting, a few others including pata, marmot and ME
>>
>>1017056
Close, it's the depth of my insecurities and the number of times I was molested as a child.

>>1017061
>>
Convertible pants are where it's at.

I'm using a pair made by Kühl now, largely because they were all I could find at my local outdoors store. They were pretty expensive, the name looks silly and for some reason there's this button that attaches a triangle of fabric across the back-side of the crotch zipper, making it inconvenient to piss.

With that said, they're comfortable and moisture wicking. I haven't hiked enough in them to comment on the durability.
>>
>>1016377
I really like Eddie Bauer/First Ascent pants for both comfort and price (if you get on the mailing list, the are great coupons sometimes).

One of the few brands that always has 34/36 pants available.
>>
>>1016344
Unironically, military surplus
Except boots, mil-boots are shit

Shits too cheap yo
>>
Wear whatever
Layer up
Poncho for rain
>>
can anyone recommend me a down hoodie
>>
>>1017182
>4 inches taller and 5 pounds lighter than me
>2" bigger waist
So do you have any muscle at all or do you look like someone stuck a beach ball on the front of a skellington?
>>
>>1017239
Actually, the First Ascent stuff i have or have looked at has been legit technical and reasonably priced. The FA pants with Schoeller 3xdry have been god tier for mountaineering.
>>
>>1017524
Patagonia, the non cheapshit Marmot.

Be prepared to spend $200+ to get down thats in any way better than $60 grid fleece.
>>
>>1017561
I dunno I think I look pretty normal.

So about my pants...
>>
>>1017670
Surplus or Tru-Spec hot weather BDU pants, size large regular.
>>
I wear regular ass clothes like a normal person.

Idk why people think they need to wear $200 special adventure pants made of plastic to camp in the woods a few days.
>>
>>1017695
Oh, they absolutely don't need them.

But they DO, generally, need something better than jeans. Because jeans chafe worse than other pants, and take forever and an eon to dry once wet. Hence the comparatively thin nylon or nyco pants that don't have a half-inch-thick seam running directly over heavy chafe points.
>>
>>1017695

I posted in this thread purely because I knew sooner or later some poorfag would get triggered.
>>
>>1017677
Thanks man, ordered a pair of Tru Specs.
>>
>always thought patagonia was yuppie shit
>become outfitter
>work around all the big brands
>great deals
>see this thread
>suddenly realize I now own a half dozen items of their clothing
>can't stop buying hiking shoes either
>five pairs in the last year
Send help
>>
What's a good outfit for the heat? I live in FL.
>>
>>1018657
>wide-brimmed hat (boonie, bucket, straw cowboy hats)
>loose fitting, long sleeve fishing shirt from someone like UA or Columbia for dat UPF
>fishing pants (they're significantly thinner and more breathable than "hiking" pants) from someone like Columbia or F&S for dat scratch/biting-insect protection, or board shorts if you're not somewhere with scatchy bitey things
>ankle height merino wool socks (thorlo, wigwam, smartwool), most companies that make them make a "light hiking" or running sock that's thin and comfy in hot weather but doesn't hold moisture like a sponge like cotton cheapos do
>>
>>1018657
Short shorts. If you are out go barefoot.
>>
Don't really give a fuck.

I have a Patagonia hard shell I got as a gift. A cheap-ass REI fleece.I have a few long-sleeve Salomons. That's about it.
>>
I really like my Columbia stuff but I get a nice discount on Outdoor Research that I will probably start using.

I would also like to have a Mountain Serape and a Wind Cheater this year: https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/4

I tend to favor slightly more durable outerwear and I only buy subdued colors. I cant stand bright colored outdoor gear. Forest Green is about as lively as I get.

Now that Im getting in to climbing though I will probably grab some more lightweight and small packing items.
>>
Columbia sucks
Patagonia and North Face are hard to beat
I prefer shit like Kuiu or Sitka though as I hunt a lot
>>
>>1019639
>North Face are hard to beat

opinion discarded
>>
>>1019639
>Columbia sucks
>north face is hard to beat

Wow. I can't believe what i'm reading. I seriously pray to a god that i don't even believe in that this is bait. Just wow. Holy shit man. Wow.
>>
>>1019639
Sitka sucks balls for really cold weather (0*F or below), even if it's an active hunt. Dunno what the fuck they think they're doing with their total lack of insulation but goddamn, for shit that's designed for "out west" spot and stalk/sit n' glass hunting innamountains you'd think they'd do a bit better on that shit.

One of the absolute fucking greatest pieces of /out/ apparel I have is actually the liner jacket out of my Banded duck coat. Primaloft, fairly thin stand-up collar (so you don't have an inch of collar build-up between your baselayer, shirt, jacket, and shell when you're sitting in a duck blind doing jackshit when it's 30 below), weighs basically nothing but as long as it's not raining it works fine as a stand-alone jacket down to around 10*F with just a T-shirt under it, yet it breathes well enough that I can wear it under neoprene waders in 40*F weather and not be soaked in sweat after tromping around the swamp for a half hour setting decoys.

Second favorite is my First Lite jeep cap. Brimmed beanie, merino wool so super wicking, wind resistant, and naturally scent-free, weighs basically nothing and packs smaller than a fleece beanie, wasn't all that expensive (I think I got it for $25 on sale). Would highly recommend for any cool or cold weather /out/ings, especially since it's available in a couple solid colors for ya'll non-hunters.
>>
File: Vidda-Pro.jpg (123KB, 507x800px) Image search: [Google]
Vidda-Pro.jpg
123KB, 507x800px
I'm partial to Fjallraven gear. The only problem is that it is fucking expensive. Haven't regretting any of the purchases, except for the Keb jacket. Probably should've invested in a more covering jacket and the stretch fabric is just asking for problems.
>>
>>1020401
It's okay tactical gear but for hunting and hiking it's heavy and the pocket placements are dumb.

For pants I like Duluth's Firehose Flex pants.
>durable
>flexible/somewhat stretchy
>fast drying
>far more thorn/bramble resistant than the super thin taffetta "hiking" or fishing pants
>fully gussetted but also reinforced crotch, no blowouts and full ROM
>not too expensive
>doesn't make you look like a gear queer
>>
>>1017249
This to the T.
>>
>>1016347
this breddy much
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.