[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go innawoods for first time in several years >quit job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: bears4.jpg (295KB, 1280x948px) Image search: [Google]
bears4.jpg
295KB, 1280x948px
>go innawoods for first time in several years
>quit job because it was fucking gay
>decide to buy a couple items before heading out
>really need a rain jacket mostly
>everything is 200 bucks+
>all the gear that wasnt too bad several years ago is meme worthy price
>gentrifed hipsters everywhere
>say fuck it use old jacket
>get to woods
>everyone is dressed to a level where they could be working in an office
>everyone looks fucking miserable though
>no fellow hikers have any good /out/ stories/experiences
>all talking about how they want to move to boston or sf

Sorry for the rant, is this normal?
>>
>>1014440
They just haven't matured.. Had a friend like that.. Always talking about moving to boston, vegan to the core. Then he had his first real relationship and stopped being vegan and moved back to Florida..

Basically its a sign of extreme immaturity.
>>
>>1014456
They seemed more 'mature' than me though.
>>
>>1014464
People who are mature don't talk about their wishes and hopes out loud to strangers. They just fucking do it...
>>
File: 1494071353457.jpg (85KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1494071353457.jpg
85KB, 453x439px
>>1014440
No wtf are u talking about?
Who goes out with faggots?
>>
>>1014440
realtalk: she's totally fucking that bear isn't she
>>
>>1014440
I'm assuming you're west coast?

Midwest here. The people I see /out/ are the potbellied, beer swilling, Teva-sandal-and-jean-shorts wearing rednecks that despite being 75-100lbs overweight can still walk all fucking day with a 6yo kid on their shoulders and a 30lb tacklebox in one hand because they've been doing it since they were the 6yo on their dad's shoulders.

Other than the clothes they wear being a bit cringey they're pretty cool people doing it because it's fun.
>>
>>1014440
>>quit job because it was fucking gay
what job?
>>everything is 200 bucks+
Is there a Sierra Trading Post near you? I used to work for them and they sell all of last years left over outdoor products/ overstock from other companies at a fraction of the price. If there isn't one near you, go online.
>>all the gear that wasnt too bad several years ago is meme worthy price
see above, or find an army surplus supplier
>>gentrifed hipsters everywhere
go further /out/
>>no fellow hikers have any good /out/ stories/experiences
look for a local meetup or hiking club
>>all talking about how they want to move to boston or sf
these are not people you want to hang out with,
t. native Bostonian
>Sorry for the rant, is this normal?
absolutely
>>
>>1015433
oh boy she totally is
I wonder if there is any footage of it...
>>
>>1014477
he's right
>>
>>1015460
These sound like much better people than OP's faggots. I just get mad when I encounter other people while /out/. OCing a shiny pistol keeps them from making conversation though.
>>
>>1015468
I've seen footage.
>>
>>1014440
damn i would fuck that bear
>>
>>1014440
You're probably just in a slump in your life and projecting/externalizing your negative emotions onto other people because you are unable to deal with them on your own.

As a measure of inflation in the outdoor gear market, my main rain jacket is an OR Zealot, which cost me around $150 some 11-12 years ago ($199 MSRP in 2005 according to a google search). The current iteration of that jacket in their lineup is the Foray, which looks to be about $170 on Amazon for a size large ($215 MSRP). So, basically they are the same price now as they were more than 10 years ago.
>https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01015QTKI/?th=1&psc=1

This suggests that your perception of reality is flawed. If you can't perceive the world objectively, then you need to think about why that is. If I take into account some of the other evidence you provided, it paints a picture of a very immature person. If you can quit your job for no apparent reason, you probably aren't 100% financially independent - or thinking about the future, otherwise you'd have a reason for quitting (for example, not enough money or no career future). The suggestion that $200 is a "meme worthy price," i.e., too expensive for you, supports my guess that you're probably working some shitty high-schooler job in retail that couldn't pay enough to support yourself on your own anyway.

The way you get depressed from everything you see is like a stereotype right out of Catcher in the Rye. You perceive all other hikers as "gentrified hipsters," bring up office attire for no reason, perceive everyone else as looking miserable and having no good "stories," all without any concrete details. It's characteristic projecting. When people with very immature personalities get depressed, they project their depression onto the world around them. It's not your fault that you are gloomy, you think. It's the world's fault for inflating the price of rain jackets, for making everyone else such miserable hipsters, for making you quit your job.
>>
>>1015460

>can still walk all fucking day with a 6yo kid on their shoulders

Went biking with a guy the other day for about 15 miles, his wife's 9 yearold son was riding on his back the whole way
>>
>>1019657
I think you're right. I'm a faggot like OP and it helps me cope with my insecurities by blaming others
>>
>>1019803
Keked hard at you
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.