[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come you guys aren't scared of >aliens >other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 26

File: ob_e4ffe8_film220-v2-1280x720.jpg (156KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ob_e4ffe8_film220-v2-1280x720.jpg
156KB, 1200x675px
How come you guys aren't scared of
>aliens
>other people (hobos, psychopaths)
>lyme disease
>bears/wolves
when /out/? I would shit my pants whenever I heard anything in the distance, I'd probably see fucking aliens everywhere behind trees, or feel someone's presence
>>
>>1012263
Because we're all worried about skinwalkers
>>
>>1012266
oii fukk
>>
>>1012263
>aliens
No such thing

Not common here

>>lyme disease
Same as above

>>bears/wolves
Not a problem here.
>>
>>1012263
/k/ here, and we are. I always have
>silver bullet in whatever caliber I am running
Skinwalkers you can take down with a lot of regular bullets. Same for most aliens. I already am the psycho in a gas mask and milsurp in the woods so I guess that leaves the hobo. 300 blackout will do the trick.
>bear
45-70
>wolves
5.56 will do just fine
>>
>>1012273
no, but really, how can you guys fall asleep in a middle of a FUCKING FOREST in the middle of a FUCKING NOWHERE
>>
>>1012276
I was being serious anon. I do the STALKER challenges almost every weekend. Camping out in abandoned locations puts me in some dangerous situations.
>>
>>1012276
Set up an alarm system with the old pebbles in a tin trick.

Also aliens are only dangerous if you surprise them.
>>
>>1012280
>>1012276
And adding, make sure you are drunk before night comes. It makes you fearless. Instead of feeling uneasy and scared when you hear breathing or whispers near you, you get excited that you might get to fight a skinwalker
>>
>>1012280
>>1012283
>>
>>1012283
I got this feeling just from growing up
>be kid camping or even at hone in bed
>worry about aliens or demons coming for me
>get older and decide that if it can hurt me it's a physical entity and I can beat the shit out of it otherwise it's a cheating little bitch
>wish a nigga would

Lyme disease does worry me a bit. I've been using tea tree oil on my skin to ward off ticks and it seems to be doing the trick
>>
>>1012266
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
You might be afraid for a couple of times when you stay for a night, but after a while you just stop caring.
>>
>>1012292
Why does this post smell like copper?
>>
>>1012283
>breathing
holy fugg
>>
File: IMG_0586.jpg (88KB, 510x925px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0586.jpg
88KB, 510x925px
>>1012263
stop being a little bitch and level up. And stop believing in stories told by the old to scare the young into obedience.

>being scared while out
You're gunna die sooner or later, do you want to die looking to the sky as a free man, or towards a white ceiling board, hooked to machines? The thought of the later disgusts me.

Ultimately, I know what to be afraid of, sure there are times you get scared, but you can get past the stuff that's just in your head. Sometimes you have close run ins with dangerous animals, just play cool, be safe and you'll come out alive and likely unscathed. If you don't, like I said earlier, you die the best way a human can.
>>
>>1012352
That was a good post bro. Deliver more on philosophy etc plz
>>
>>1012280
Where do you find the abandoned places to STALK
>>
>>1012294
T. Skinwalker.
>>
>>1012393
Google maps/books/go to the library and they will have state books of places that are abandoned/other people in your state will post locations to trusted people/just simply exploring places I have found some cool abandoned buildings
>>
>>1012263
>aliens
Not a thing
Not usually a problem. Such people tend to stay near cities and towns rather than /out/

>lyme disease
Places I go /out/ don't have many ticks. Even still if you just check religiously for ticks and go to the doctor the second you see the rash you should be fine.

>bears/wolves
I live in commifornia. We killed all of the wolves and the only bears left are sissies.
>>
>>1012406
I beg to differ on Aliens but what ever.
>>
>>1012292

Do you worship Crom, by chance?
>>
>>1012294
Came here to post this
>>
>>1012286
That's quite a new bike, or you take care of her. She street legal, or nein? Been looking for a enduro bike and everyone I know fell for the KTM meme, so been looking for other oppinions, especially on Honda's models
>>
>>1012263
>How come you guys aren't scared
Because I am not a bundle of sticks
>>
holy shit do people here actually believe in aliens lmao
>>
>>1012431
Got it before last winter new. It's completely street legal. Really nice bike but you should get better tires the same day you buy it. The stock ones are shit. Get a new chain and a smaller gasket for the rear tire for better pick up speed.
>>
>>1012440
It's wide universe wether they have come here not is up for debate but we exist why wouldn't aliens?
>>
>>1012283
this guy is right. i never noticed but i am always a little tipsy when i go to sleep while camping
>>
>>1012352
agreed
>>
>>1012406
>aliens don't exist

hehehe, okay bud>>1012441
>gasket
>>
>>1012441
>>1012528
Correction:
>gasket

lowered amount of teeth from stock sprocket
>>
>>1012528
>>1012529
You know, I'm not sure why I typed in gasket. But yeah I meant replace the back sprocket.
>>
>>1012508
because theres no evidence for their existence. That should be a good enough reason. Theres no radio communications, no telltale atmospheric signatures, nothing. Which means the government or NASA or whatever are trying to hide their existence, while also promoting research and education in astronomy and stuff for some reason.

People chuck about occams razor all the time on /pol/ and shit, but this is one situation where its actually applicable. If you're having to come up with all these conspiracy theories about mind control and lizards and shit to make it work, thats a sign you're probably wrong.
>>
>>1012294
This Anon is right.
It's probably nothing.
>>
>>1012263

I bought a 14" barrel 12ga shotgun, more than adequate for anything in my region.
>>
>Papa Anon raised me not to be a bitch
>I went out on my own for my first solo trip at the tender age of 12
I mainly just got bored on my own since I was on public land and couldn't bring my .22
>Dad always taught me that the most likely thing to cause trouble wasn't an animal, but other people (drunk rednecks, good ole boys, college kids, etc.)
>Learned early on that if I was backpacking alone, never to set up camp for the night next to a spot where the trail intersects with a forest access road/trail
>Minded my own business
>Nothing every happened
>Read ghost stories online about "Beast of Land Between the Lakes"
>Was a little spooped but not shitting my pants
>Hear rustling
>Shine my huge Surefire (TM) at it
>Just a fucking opposum
Haven't really been scared since, mane.
>>
>>1012273
Huh I always wonder how many other /out/ posters are also /k/. I'd assume a lot but /k/ can get some hate on this board
>>
>>1012337
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>1012599
I would imagine that the majority of /k/ also goes on /out/. Most innawoods greentexts are from /k/ that get posted on here
>>
File: DSC_3800_-L.jpg (147KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3800_-L.jpg
147KB, 800x533px
>>1012263
>aliens
don't exist, gb2>>>/x/
firearms, OC spray, situation management ... also getting far enough out that "other people" aren't a problem.
>lyme disease
ride faster than the ticks do
>bears/wolves
burrs are easy to deal with. Wolves are rare; i've had closer encounters with bison on my moto than wolves. Mountain lions kind of scare me, but like burrs, they aren't too hard to deal with.

>>1012431
>KTM
Orange bike best bike.
Hondas ... XR's a heavy pig better suited for desert than enduro. Decent dualsport, but heavy.
I looked pretty hard at WR450's before I found my orangebike. The FI'd 250's do pretty damn good even at elevation. YZF-X's are rideable as a dualsport/enduro, since they've got the wider-ratio trans.

Might also consider husaberg and husky.

Depending on where you live, doing the inspection/title work to plate a previously "offroad use only" motorcycle may get you a better deal on the bike. Some jurisdictions are easier than others.
>>
>>1012263
I don't care if I die, I'm only afraid of being bored.
>>
>>1012599
Before /out/ people posted on /k/ and actually they still do.
>>
>>1012263
>aliens

We are separated from aliens not just by vast gulfs of space, but time as well. What are the odds that other intelligent life evolved at around the same time we did, on top of being close enough to receive our signals? You will never meet ET for the same reason you will never meet a dinosaur.

You don't need to be afraid of what's lurking in the dark if you are what's lurking in the dark.

>lyme disease

I take precautions, but at the end of the day there's always a million reasons not to do what makes you happy. If you cave, why even live?

>bears/wolves

I carry only dehydrated food which I have thoroughly washed the packaging of so there is nothing to smell. I also drape my shirt on the food stash at the end of each day to use my own BO to mask any residual scent.
>>
>>1012683
Yeeeaaah maaan!
>>
>>1012605
Trust me, I'll be a part of the orange club for the rest of my life. My dad's got a 300 two smoker that I'm trying to find a twin for right now and they're such a damn good bike there really aren't many for sale. That said, I have ridden old Honda Nighthawks and their street bikes seem to check out as good shit. Just wanting to know what my options are.

Oh and >>1012441 crust that bike in mud asap, and for fucks sake if you're cleaning her for pictures, stop. Those babys are like women, after she starts letting you ride her, the only thing you should be wanting to show the world is how dirty you can get her. (Old pic, but the only one of my current baby)
>>
>>1012292
Lyme is no big deal. Just go to the doctor if you get a big rash where the tick bit you. Some antibiotics and you're good to go.
>>
>>1012441
Where was this taken?
>>
>>1012263

being abducted would be awesome
weapons in tent
don't live in tick country
see #2
>>
File: PicsArt_04-20-03.13.58.jpg (31KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_04-20-03.13.58.jpg
31KB, 851x315px
>>1012263
>aliens
While I believe in the mathematical probability of alien lifeforms on other planets or moons and I am open to the possibility that their may be highly advanced intelligent life, I don't believe they abduct or in any way molest people
I live in a safe place
>lyme disease
This is a real and growing concern, but regular tick checks after /out/ings and public healthcare ensure that if I exposed I can get treatment quickly. It is also still extremely rare here and only present following occasional mild winters
>>bears/wolves
No wolves here, coyotes haven't attacked any grown men here yet, and the bears are smaller black bears. There have been a couple odd black bear attacks but no serious recorded maulings or deaths since European arrival in 1604
>when /out/? I would shit my pants whenever I heard anything in the distance, I'd probably see fucking aliens everywhere behind trees, or feel someone's presence
You suffer from anxiety issues anon
>>
>>1012598
>public land
>couldn't bring .22

National Park or outside North America?
>>
>>1012776
That's not always the case. Chronic lymes disease is a thing that sometimes happens. After awhile they stop trying to cure it and just start trying to manage pain and other effects. It can effect your brain too causing lifelong motor skill disfunction, cognitive impairment, pain, etc.
Also, the antibiotic regiment offered for lymes in many places is often insufficient, as are the treatments paid for by healthcare in Canada and insurance in America.
>>
Worried aboutl Lyme disease. Other hazards mentioned are manageable.
>>
File: 72262719.jpg (115KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
72262719.jpg
115KB, 500x375px
>>1012263
go to bed, scott
>>
>>1012263
>aliens
nothing to worry about, i was abducted and the only thing they did to me was inserting a probe in my leg, now
>hobos/psycopaths
just get a gun, or bring a big machete like i do
>lyme
i migth already have it
>bears/wolves
just figth like a man

now, skinwalkers are what you should worry about
>>
>>1012266
God dammit.
>>
>>1012418
No. But that feeling of being an adult, with a large body and strong arms, after years of covering my head with my comforter (even when it was 90 degrees) is relieving.

Think about it, if that fucker tried to pull shit with you and it's not willing to let you fight back then it is by definition a little dishonorable bitch and then how/why would it be attacking you in the first place? If I'm wrestling with this demon, skinwalker, or alien and it manages to kill me, then it won fair and square. If it paralyzes me or something then it's a little punk and it's not worth being afraid of, even if it kills me
>>
>>1012782
Ohio
>>
>>1012911
> If it paralyzes me or something then it's a little punk and it's not worth being afraid of, even if it kills me

This is by far the most ass-backwards logic I've ever seen on 4chan
>>
>>1012928
haha
>>
>>1012928
Ok, think about it like this; why is this creature trying to attack you? Is it trying to eat you? Then it probably is just a material entity, an animal. If it has to resort to magic or something to get you it's a little bitch, how is it not? It's basically cheating, it can't take you out in a 1v1 so it has to use magic

How can you be scared about a cheating little bitch like that? Pissed off, yeah, but not scared
>>
>>1012938
To an animal, someone shooting them from 400 yards away is magic.
>>
>>1012938
>How can you be scared of a supernatural entity that can kill you without giving you any chance for survival?

That is like the definition of something you should be afraid of
>>
>>1012945
But you still don't establish what it wants or why you should be afraid of it.
>Is it after your soul? You're fucked, it's going to use magic
>does it want to eat, rape, or torture you? You can fight back against the fucker

In the first case I feel as though a creature stealing your spirit or whatever has to do more than just freeze you and take it. That seems really cheap to me. Trick you, seduce you, voluntarily have you give it over somehow, yes. In the latter it's just a creature and you can fight back against it
>>
>>1012947
How? It's cheating, it's unfair bullshit not scary
>>
>>1012949
There's no such thing as cheating when it comes to a life or death battle
>>
>>1012950
If it's using magic, it isn't a battle. You're fucked and there isn't anything to do about it. If the skinwalker or whatever wants to 1v1 me, that's a different story
>>
>>1012953
What if the skinwalker shoots you from out of sight and then eats you? Is that fair?
>>
>>1012954
I'm not scared of something that uses a fucking gun. It is a little bitch, but I'm also probably dead and then whatever
>>
>>1012263
>aliens
Don't exist
they live downtown not in the woods
>lyme disease
I have tick tweezers
>bears/wolves
Black bears are cowards. Wolves almost never attack humans. Polar bears live 500 miles away.
>>
>>1012280
DUDE.... Is that the inustrial Rayon plant in painseville ohio????? I've been there
>>
File: IMG_6559.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6559.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>1012280
>>1013224
IT IS. I've stood right where you have also stood, my friend.
>>
I am the mother fucked they should be afraid of
>>
File: 29084858129.jpg (32KB, 528x527px) Image search: [Google]
29084858129.jpg
32KB, 528x527px
>>1013224
>>1013231
Fuck. I've camped out in there for more than a week at a time before and never saw anyone else. If you come across a floor tagged with eyes and a room with a fire pit near the door that's my spot. I also wouldn't worry about any blood you find in the room.

I honestly have been going to the factory for over 10 years and have never seen anyone else "besides coyotes on the tracks near the dump" Leave a throwaway if any of you 440 anons want to do some S.t.a.l.k.e.r shit. I'm posted on zeemaps
>>
>>1012263

The only thing to be afraid of is yourself.
>>
>>1013288
I'll post a throwaway later. I definitely would like to do some stalker shit
>>
>>1012352
This.
>>
>>1012263
>lyme dissease

nope
nope nope nope
white rabit white rabit white rabit
>>
>>1012263
>aliens
Are you talking the arriba arriba vato type or the aayyy lemme probe uranus type? Either way, answer's the same--total nonissue.
>other people
Carry some form of defensive weapon
>lyme disease
This actually concerns me. I've had it twice. It's treatable, and as long as it's treated fairly rapidly (within 48ish hours of the rash appearing) doesn't give any lifelong problems. It's when you don't treat it that you get the joint problems.
>bears
Pay attention to what you're doing and where you're going and it's a total nonissue.
>wolves
Don't wander around alone at night near Yellowstone or in northern Canada and it's a total nonissue.
>>
>>1012549
The universe is a really big fucking place anon. Even with modern science we can "see" a little under 1/2 of 1% of it in any form or fashion at all, and what we're "seeing" at the furthest bounds of what we can, is shit that happened tens if not hundreds of thousands of years ago due to how fucking long it takes light to get here from there.
>>
>>1012263
Things you listed: rare, imaginary, it totally manageable. For example, I've never had a bear NOT run from me, and I know a few people who have gotten over Lyme disease (antibiotics still work on it, you know?)

Real dangers that kill millions of Americans every year: car accidents, heat disease, diabetes, fatty liver, etc.

You're actually safer having an active, outdoor lifestyle, if you think about it. Your problem there is that millions of years of dealing with predators (most of which have helpfully been driven to extinction by our ancestors at the end of the last ice age) and hostile, competing bands of humans has caused us to have a brain wired to see certain kinds of dangers in situations where those dangers no longer exist. Go outside more, a little at a time. You'll slowly teach the more primitive parts of your brain to shut up.

And maybe bring a gun.
>>
Guys I'm scared or serial killers or hillabillies living in the woods and shooting me while my backs turned or while I'm asleep.
Is this a real concern or am I just a paranoid weeny? But don't say I have more chance of being shot in the city because in the woods no one will know unlike the city where they'd get see and caught right away.
>>
>>1013408
I wouldn't call it a real concern. Sure, there are some fucked up people out there that go out and kill people innawoods, but this is so incredibly infrequent that you really, REALLY don't have to worry about it. Hell, of all the people that go missing in the wild every year I'm willing to bet at least 60% are Murder, not just a homicidal maniac (the remaining 39.999% being wild life related fatalities?).

How many people do you know that go camping?
How many people do you know that have died in the woods?

You'll be fine bud. Everybody out innawoods is out there to get away from all that bullshit and interaction with strangers.
>>
>>1012263
>aliens
Not a single confirmed sighting ever
>other people
99.9% of folks you encounter don't intend to harm you
>lymes
I've had it, just check for ticks and if your suspicous at all get on Doxycycline ASAP
>bears wolves
literally just yell at them and they run away usually.
>>
>>1012266
>Skinwalker naruto running side by side with your car as you drive down a woodland road
I'd be scared too
>>
>>1012263
>aliens
Because they're our friends
not common
>lyme diseas
As a logger i have to get vaccinated for it regularly
>bears/wolves
Wolves are rare here and bears tend to fuck off if you make noise
>>
>>1013402
*Heart disease
>>
File: 1384393862457.jpg (41KB, 600x952px) Image search: [Google]
1384393862457.jpg
41KB, 600x952px
>>1012294
>>1012425
>>1012568
Shoo shoo, skinwalkers
>>
I carry a gun. I live in southwestern AZ. Narco country it kinda sucks.
>>
>>1012266

No such things as skinwalkers, so I wouldn't worry about it.

>>1012263
Marlin 1895. In case Yogi bear, or one of his friends wants to say hello to me.
>>
File: 1485840735712.gif (782KB, 701x418px) Image search: [Google]
1485840735712.gif
782KB, 701x418px
>>1012263
I have a gun and I wear a hat, that should pretty much cover it.
>>
>>1013748

What kind of hat?
>>
>>1013750
Beer hat, of course.
>>
File: 1295287513-clever-girl.jpg (75KB, 388x295px) Image search: [Google]
1295287513-clever-girl.jpg
75KB, 388x295px
>>1013755

You're definitely taken care of.

I would of accepted this, too.
>>
>>1013566
I drove Camino del Muerte in Cabeza Prieta and Goldwater bombing range, camped at Tule Well about 12 years ago. Scary as fuck. Border patrol everywhere, hear vehicles at high speed in the dark. Could hear the Mexican highway on the other side of the mountains. Glad I did it, wouldn't do it again.
>>
>>1012440
Not UFOs and shit, but you can't claim we're the only intelligent beings in the entire galaxy and possibly billions more
>>
>>1013783
Fuck yeah dude I live down near Yuma Right against goldwater and ypg. You can sit on the mountains and watch people cross over and border patrol everywhere.
>>
>>1013288
are you glorpy, fizzlemizzle, or remove?
>>
>>1013946
None of the above
>>
>>1014129
What zeemaps are you on then?
>>
>>1014152
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1253068
>>
File: tule.png (4MB, 2154x1536px) Image search: [Google]
tule.png
4MB, 2154x1536px
>>1013783
I biked the Camino del Diablo last January. Border patrol was annoying, they drive around all night and shine the spotlight on your tent. I heard about someone else biking it and a helicopter was following them.
>>
File: deer god.jpg (18KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
deer god.jpg
18KB, 720x479px
>>1012263
i am.
THE RAKE
skinwalkers
shadowpeople
barghests
packs of wild dogs
are fucking scary. that's why i actually never go out. just come here to shitpost.
>>
>>1013288
im a newfag, but am close and definitely wanna do some stalker shit
>>
>>1014513
Leave a throwaway email
>>
File: 1461976533843.png (208KB, 361x462px) Image search: [Google]
1461976533843.png
208KB, 361x462px
>>1012683
>>
OP the idea is to kill people before they kill you. You're both in the woods, if a serial killer kills you there will be no witnesses, if you kill the serial killer, there will be no witnesses too, so just be on your guard and shoot first anyone you see. It's every man for himself out there. This will also make it hard to profile and catch you.
>>
>>1012263
I am afraid, but that's part of what makes going /out/ exciting. Also always bring a friend
>>
All you alien dont exists faggots are incredibly wrong. Those fuckers, whatever and whoever they are, are very real.

Ive known people who have more /out/ experience than any of us will ever have and they have all had run ins with unexplainable things in the sky. Go ahead and send me to /x/, but I encourage you to keep an open mind and not be narrow minded and believe you have absolute knowleged like insufferable pricks
>>
>>1014776
"unexplainable things in the sky" doesn't automatically mean aliens. If your mind is too open, your brain falls out. If you're going to post outside of /x/, I encourage you to exercise some critical thinking and not be gullible and believe you have absolute knowledge like an insufferable prick.
>>
>>1012440
I believe in aliens more than I believe in bigfoot. Since camera phones came along, we have been getting more and more pics of crazy shit in the sky but no progress with the bigfoot thint. Also the aliens' environment is expanding as we know it while we just keep encroaching on supposed bigfoot territory and haven't found shit.

>>1012352
This kinda. When I die, I really hope there is a good story to go along with it. If I die hooked up to machines because my kidneys and lungs are failing at 75, life really wasn't worth living.
>>
>>1014513
>>1014519
>says he is close
>wants to stalker
>doesn't leave a throwaway email so I can set up a meetup
wew lad
>>
>>1014796
I sent an email to who I thought was you on zeemaps
>>
File: wack.jpg (61KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
wack.jpg
61KB, 540x405px
>>1012263
>camping in the middle of bunfuck nowhere out innadesert
>Feel perfectly fine, love looking up at the galaxy, even the coyote packs or rattlesnakes I hear are just part of the ambiance, comfy as fuck
>camp in my own backyard
>hear the highway, there's more people around, a cat screaming startled the fuck outta me, get the heebie jeebies and go inside

life is strange anon
>>
>>1012901
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>1012960
What about brown bears?
>>
File: eagles.png (196KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
eagles.png
196KB, 400x399px
>>1012263
>aliens
have sex with them anon, man was destined to fuck the beings of the stars, be a hero for all of us
gun
>lyme disease
permethrin gun
>bears/wolves
bodyslam
>>
>>1012263
>>1012266

This.

Took my spouse desert camping recently and actually managed to make myself jumpy enough telling skinwalker stories that when a cow wandered past our campsite in the dark it spooked me pretty good.

Until I saw it was a cow, the least intimidating creature in the West.
>>
>>1015519
>camping out in UT
>dark as fuck, no moon, just stars
>suddenly see dozens of pairs of eyes
>large silver, inhuman
>hear heavy footsteps

gave me a fucking heart attack until I realized that a whole herd had moved in
>>
>>1015537

Happened to me on the AZ/NM border. Was "stealth camping" on some res land. Weather was beautiful so I just set my cot up under some trees and passed out.

>Wake up in the night.
>Pitch black, new moon.
>Laying there, wondering what might have woken me.
>Hear a heavy step off to one side.
>Hear a heavy breath in another direction.
>Start quietly feeling around for my light, which isn't where I remember putting it.
>Hear more steps in other directions.
>Heart is pumping like mad, starting to get nervous.
>Find my light that I'd knocked off to the ground under my cot.
>Take a deep breath, sit up, prepare to fight-or-flight.
>Turn the light on.
>Fucking cows, everywhere cows.

There were a dozen or so just standing all around where I was camped, chilling. I started pouring obscenities and calling them names until they ambled off. Took me a while to get back to sleep after that, though.
>>
>>1015545
>that time I was also in Utah
>new moon, super dark
>driving down highway, high-beams blazing
>take my eyes off the road for a millisecond
>dumbass black cow literally sitting in the middle of the road
>barely make out its outline as I swerve within 10 feet of the things

fuuuuuck cows
>>
File: 1470556971069.png (627KB, 1420x764px) Image search: [Google]
1470556971069.png
627KB, 1420x764px
>>
>>1014796
I'm a 440, not that specific guy though
[email protected]
>>
>>1012263
>being scared
I'm a grown man. I own firearms. I am not afraid.
>>
>>1015707
Sent you a message
>>
>>1015712
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oF4pxphwNI
>>
>>1012276
You don't go into a super deep sleep. You're a fuck ton more likely to get murdered in your sleep in a city or town anyways.
>>
>>1012960

I was homeless for seven months, I lived in the woods. Not rare for homeless to have a car or bike, set up camp in the woods and then travel into town. Some hobos just travel around and wild camp.
>>
>>1012352
Id rather not be murdered kidnapped tortured or used as a human test subject thank you.
>>
>>1012960
>tick tweezers

Yes, I also have fingers
>>
File: specieist.jpg (80KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
specieist.jpg
80KB, 600x500px
>>1012263
every once and a while a get to high five people in the woods and tell them I need a new skin, if there is anyone they dont like in their group..
>>
>>1012263
>>aliens
Completely retarded to be afraid of.
>>other people (hobos, psychopaths)
Most hobos don't go very deep into wilderness, at most they hang around the woods near towns or something. I also don't assume that someone would want to harm me just because they're a hobo. Besides they're not very common in the first place.
>>lyme disease
I'm more worried about the frequency of ass-cancer in my family.
>>bears/wolves
Wolf attacks are rare, I've never seen one, there aren't many wolves in the country.
The one time I've come face-to-face with a bear it just ran away.

The only thing that makes me really scared is social interaction and the thought of disappointing my mom.
>>
>>1013566
Live in Tucson myself, ever run into border crossers or drug mules?
>>
>>1016794
Yeah
>>
>>1016794
Down here in Yuma fuck yeah like i said in >>1013889
I've ran into a couple mules and its seriously a "I didn't see you, you didn't see me"
>>
File: 1494966591236.jpg (19KB, 600x815px) Image search: [Google]
1494966591236.jpg
19KB, 600x815px
>>1012266
Fpbp
>>
>>1016213
You have a higher chance of any of those things happening to you while you walk to your front door after getting home from work than you would in the woods.
>>
>>1012928
being a fucking /v/irgin i can attest to this. i stunlock people because i am terrified of losing and its a bitch tactic
>>
>>1016794
>>1017064
>>1017068

Phoenix anon here, but from Tucson. I generally went up into the Catalinas and NW when I went out into the desert, but I went down South a couple of times.

There's so much trash and crap left behind just laying around everywhere out there. I feel like I could score a massive quantity of drugs if I just staked out on a hill somewhere and scanned with binocs until I spotted a mule. Not like they'd be hard to rob when I can be legally armed with a rifle.

Never actually did it, though.
>>
>>1012263
Because I don't believe in aliens or skinwalkers, bears/wolves are ease to deal with if you know how, and there's no Lyme disease up where I am yet. As for the last point, I'm usually the crazy innawoods, the other woods hobos stead clear of the guy in a gas mask wearing an eastern bloc camo poncho with the AK.
>>
File: 070516_ashes_hmed_6p.grid-6x2.jpg (22KB, 474x279px) Image search: [Google]
070516_ashes_hmed_6p.grid-6x2.jpg
22KB, 474x279px
>>1012294
go away skinwalker
>>
what are skinwalkers
>>
>>1012263
There are no bears or wolves, and even packs of coyotes rarely attack.
I watch for aliens. But if im gonna die, what a way to go
The only thing i am genuinely afraid of in the woods is the woods hoboes. I have met them and walked with them. They exist and are mostly benevolent. But they are also insane.

I myslef am homeless but i get a check every month for being an american hero. So i can travel around and buy real food.

But i have fed forest people. And i have no doubt they would kill me if it suited them.

Luckily the leader of the band i met enjoyed my macaroni, and i left him my stove.
>>
>>1018124
dont worry m8, they dont exist
>>
>>1018001
You can if you find the small parties or the lone mule another thing to do is watch dead drops. We got a few of those and its hard not to just grab a pack full of heron when you find to sell
>>
>>1018256
This nigger has literally watched too much bcs and has no idea about real operations. Almost all "dead" drops are observed.

You might get lucky once. But do it twice and some real mad mexicans are going to show up.
>>
>>1018270

How many mad Mexicans, armed with what, and if me and a buddy kill them all from 300+ yards with precision rifles how likely am I to get away with it?
>>
>>1018328
You think it's a joke, but if homeboy actually knows of a dead drop and tries to steal it?

They ain't coming knocking unless they think he can play. otherwise its 2 in the back of the head while they recover merchandise.

This is basic shit, hombre.

I tell people to commit sudoku and shit in fun. But i would never advise them.to steal from cartels.
>>
>>1018270
I don't know what a bcs is but you do know they wont do shit unless you actually walk off with it right? Or you going off what you see in narcos and breaking bad?
>>
>>1018356
bcs is a tv show like those, although i never watched those. Yes, i f you just showed minor interest most trained assasins would let you walk. Its easier to change a route than convince a grieving mother her son dissapeared. But that wasn't what you or whoever said.

All i am saying, with my experience that i have, is DO NOT GO AFTER A DEAD DROP. it IS being watched.
>>
>>1018362
I never said it wasn't watched but I also never said it was I just said its fucking tempting
>>
Unlike the state/local police the cartel has a profit motive in finding and dealing with murderers.

When you think of getting away with something you use state police as a benchmark instictively which is massively inefficent thanks to being socialized and relagated. And has no profit motive since its tax funded mostly regardless of performance in fact they can lobby for more money by doing a worse job, and no one can really do shit about it since its a state monopoly.
>>
>>1013522
There are vaccinations? I'll get one honestly.
>>
File: 18lv9yyg1pimcpng.png (1MB, 800x2050px) Image search: [Google]
18lv9yyg1pimcpng.png
1MB, 800x2050px
>>1012263
>aliens
pic related

>other people
around here other random folks in the woods are doing the same as you - having fun, camping, romping, etc. You only ever have to worry about running into cops, and they're few and far between out in the sticks.

>lyme disease
deet spray + tick card

>bears/wolves
gun
>>
>>1018206
Nothing, don't worry about it.
Do you live alone?
>>
File: 1317176593832.jpg (10KB, 251x205px) Image search: [Google]
1317176593832.jpg
10KB, 251x205px
>>1018206
>>1018779
>>
>>1012266
>it's an abstract kind of spooky
>>
>>1012441
Yeah cool bike and all but can I just take a sec to talk about how fuckin' VERDANT that grass is? Maybe talk a bit about that treeline too

That's a mean level of green right there.

Where was pic?
>>
>>1019905
Ohio on some farmland in Elyria. One of my favorite places to ride. It's so peaceful there.
>>
>>1018715
Why do you have to be worried about running into cops?
>>
>>1021556
I'm in New Jersey and chances are if you're in the woods (not a state park, the woods) you're trespassing - so the cops patrol the woods on ATVs now.

There's very few 'wild' areas that aren't already owned, and if they're not owned the cops will ticket you for trespassing against the state anyway.
>>
>>1021568
Fucking dickheads.

How could you still get a ticket for being in state property?

In FL it might be a similar case to NJ.
>>
>>1021570
>How could you still get a ticket for being in state property?
Because "it's land governed by the state that's not designated for public use, so the state is liable for any damage done to persons or their property" according to my congressman.
>>
I go camping at lake Chabot cause its close & a 10 minute drive from the city.

The only thing I fear in these woods are local Niggers from Oakland, and that's no joke. Robberies have been going up like crazy in the past 3 years.
>>
>>1012266
> is a type of harmful witch who has the ability to turn into an animal, or to disguise themselves as an animal, usually for the purposes of harming people.
fuck that, mate
>>
>>1015640
i was in that thread. pic of dude is actually a copypasta of a powerlifter who snapped shite (beleive it was biceps tendon around shoulder attachment, and upper pect)
>>
>>1012263
>aliens
gun
>hobos/psychopaths
gun
>ticks
gun
>bears/wolves
gun
>>
>>1012263
Been going /out/ for years and have never had someone get the drop on me.
Never seen anything even remotely paranormal or unexplainable. The scariest thing that has happened to me was getting chased by some wild dogs.
>>
>>1012808
Here in wisconsin we cant bring guns on public forests even tho its an open carry state
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.