[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start hiking / strolling in the woods / sleeping in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (333KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
333KB, 1600x1067px
I want to start hiking / strolling in the woods / sleeping in a tent in the forest

I have REALLY big forest 5 km away from my home. I thought I could go there for a really long walk and sleep in a tent for one night. But I'm a total newfag in2 camping. What would I need besides tent? Any activities I could do while enjoying evening and night in the forest?

We dont have bears nor wolves here, but I might meet a boar
>>
i don't know where you live OP, but if it's even remotely cold at night, make damn sure you bring some warm clothes/sleeping bag/blankets. i'm in michigan and i still have to wear two layers of clothes and multiple blankets to sleep outside (i'm not using a tent though, you'll be a little better off)

by the way, make sure you're not setting up your tent on stuff that could puncture it
>>
>>1012217
Western Poland. Tonight it was -3*C, but now it's +9*C
any tents recommended? can 2 person sleep in 1 person tent?
>>
>>1012214
Why don't you lurk on this board for a while?
>>
>>1012220
i did
>>
>>1012214
Well you're obviously going to want water, food and something to sleep in and on.
Do you have a sleeping bag and a mat? Some folk use an air mat, but I've always been satisfied with my thin foam mat.
As for food and water, if you're just going out for one night I really don't think you've got to worry about a whole lot, just fill a few water bottles and bring some gorp and oatmeal and something to cook it in. Shit, for one night you could probably bring just about whatever you want so long as it doesn't need to be constantly cooled.
As for fires, I usually just make a small pit fire from kindling I find around. There's some way to make a fire out of cans so that you really leave no trace, but I'm not /out/ enough yet to understand how to do that.
And for activities I just bring a book or two, as well as a blank notebook.

Boars can do a mighty number on you, so definitely be careful about that.
Some folk say beat spray is just a meme and would rather carry a gun with them in case something happens, but I've never had a serious run in with an animal so I've got no authority to say which is right.
If I had to take a shot at the situation, I'd say just carry a stout boar smacking stick around with you.
That said, there are no boars where I live, and I've never seen a wild boar in person.

You know about fire safety right?
>>
File: 1458849021552.png (4MB, 1198x2539px) Image search: [Google]
1458849021552.png
4MB, 1198x2539px
>>1012220
this is now a gear list thread to help this pol anon start camping

1/2 of what I got
>>
File: 1475185924947.jpg (731KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475185924947.jpg
731KB, 1920x1080px
>>1012227
2/2

who got more?
>>
>>1012219
Any Wolfs in Poland?
Make sure to stay secure whilst out.
>>
>>1012223
Nope, I don't have ANYTHING. I need to get sleeping bag, a tent, a decent backpack and a flint. I am highly determined to start going /out/ though, it always kinda amazed me, and I love just walking in the woods. My goal is to go to the forest next weekend for 1-2 days, and in the near future go for a longer, 3-4 days trip into our polish mountains.
>>
>>1012230
Yup, but not where I live. In the mountains we have both wolves and bears, so I won't risk it yet, since I'm a newb.
>>
>>1012227
>>1012229
Thanks man, appreciate that!
>>
>>1012233
Have you gone day hiking? To be honest I spent years just doing day hikes before I even did an overnight hike.

Also don't get a flint, they are very impractical, a bic lighter is seriously incomparably better
>>
File: 71xbi3JetlL._SL1440_.jpg (191KB, 1440x1334px) Image search: [Google]
71xbi3JetlL._SL1440_.jpg
191KB, 1440x1334px
>>1012233
I'd say the most important thing to spend money on to begin with is, Tent>Sleeping Pad>Sleeping Bag. Try to get good premium gear for these items.
>>
File: 1458833308501.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1458833308501.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>1012239
Agree'd, Flints are for survival situations. Anyone who goes out and uses a flint instead of a lighter is a neck beard.
>>
>>1012239
What did it look like? Where did you hike?
>>
>>1012246
I've spent my entire childhood day hiking all around western Washington State, and I truly believe this is one of the most gorgeous corners of the Earth.
I am so madly in love with my home state that I never really want to leave.
>>
>>1012220
Why do you have to be a cunt?

>people come to /out/ and ask reasonable questions
>native cunt spergs
faggot
>>
>>1012234
Weapon laws? Get a shotgun or Revolver.
Dont try to fuck with bear with pepperspray
>>
>>1012214
tent,water and food, enjoy the camping friend
>>
>>1012214
I wouldn't leave very far from the trail unless you know exactly what youre doing.
>IMPORTANT
Tell your family where youre going / where you plan on staying on the map before you leave.

Don't want another case of "hiker lost in the woods found dead 6 months later."
Better safe than sorry, right?
>>
>>1012973
Fucking this.
Do this anon
>>
Recommend me a good tent
I already have hiking shoes and long, miltec pants + big ass backpack 60L
>>
>>1012214
take just a can of soup and cook it directly over a fire or gas stove if you don't know how to make a fire.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.