[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any /out/ approved places in New Jersey? Preferably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Are there any /out/ approved places in New Jersey? Preferably for a long hike or impromptu overnight.
>>
>>1011963
>Are there any /out/ approved places in New Jersey?
No.

>Beaches - crowded, syringes in the sand, and murky bay/ocean water
>Woods - highest population density means you're trespassing no matter what woods you visit, cops regularly patrol the woods on ATVs to arrest and cite folks for anything they can
>Parks - dangerously high tick presence, trash on every trail, geocachers

Unless you're boating NJ sucks for /out/ings, and even then the State police and coast guard patrol and cite anything with a motor for anything they can find, plus the water looks and is dirty.
>>
>>1012325
Also, carry permits are never issued to anyone who isn't Law Enforcement.
>>
>>1011963
Atlanic city is pretty abandoned these days from what i hear
>>
>>1012325
>>1012326
>>1012595
NJfag here can confirm it's a garbage state, luckily I live close enough to drive to PA or upstate NY for most /out/ings. On second thought the pine barrens are actually pretty cool but a piece of glitter on a turd doesn't make it stink less
>>
>>1012596
Any places you'd recommend? I live in NJ as well and need an occasional escape from this hell hole.
>>
>>1012603
It really depends where you live, I know a few okay spots to hike or fish by me (central NJ around Greenbrook) but it depends on exactly what your looking for camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, etc. round valley reservoir isnt really secluded but the fishing and hiking are good
>>
File: 01.jpg (83KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
83KB, 800x533px
I grew up in the northwestern part of the state and I didn't feel like I missed /out/ too much. I just regret that I never made a trip for a hike in the Pine Barrens. The tick thing is very real, but just have tweezers on hand and do a body check after long hikes and you should be fine.

Jenny Jump State Forest seems like a nice place to go camping. Good view of the Delaware Water Gap, plenty of wineberries for picking in the summer, and it's surrounded by farmland and tiny, dim towns for optimal stargazing (evidence: they popped an observatory up there). I've only been for day hikes and for an astronomy event, though, so I'm not sure what the overnight is like. It's been a while since I've been, but I remember Hacklebarney State Park being really beautiful in the fall. The changing leaves paired nicely with the rocky terrain and creek/small waterfalls.

>>1012603
Check out the Delaware Water Gap, the Silverthread Falls in the Poconos, and the area around the Kaaterskill Falls in the Catskills. I crossed PA on 80 to get to Ohio and the drive went through some pretty beautiful terrain, especially since it was very overcast and saturated, but I'm afraid I couldn't pin where the best spots were. Maybe a PA anon could help?

Also, are the Adirondacks worth the drive?
>>
Camping- any of state forest I'm not experienced enough to tell you which is the best however. Keep in mind they won't be empty since college is coming to summer break. The people I've met up in Delaware water gap are all cool however.

Hiking- great swamp, any short hikes to mountain tops is fun

A lot of state parks are pretty strict on camping, obviously those you go for day hikes since they aren't to big anyways.

Beaches- they're pretty clean depending on what beach it is. I don't get why people say they're so dirty. Obviously not some remote beach island.
>>
>>1012325
Woods being all privately owned? A few are but only by the farmlands around the outside of central jersey. The rest are all state parks or forest, and there's more than enough that you could explore.
>>
I live in South Jersey and it is pretty shit tier, that being said there are some spots in the pine barrens that are alright, check around chatsworth area. Franklin Parker perserve is alright and even has some crystal clear little ponds that are hidden off the trail, me and my gf have skinny dipped there at night a couple of times.

Like others have said the cops are dicks and especially in the remote areas in the south where they have nothing to do all day but try and fuck with everyone they see
>>
NJ has some of the greatest outdoor spaces relative to its population density/build up. Most of them have been mentioned but the Pine Barrens are great and a lot larger than people realize, the Sourlands are great, and the whole area around the water gap is

The Trenton-Hamilton marshes are huge too, and while being surrounded by densely populated areas have almost zero infrastructure through them and the parts several miles in are very remote, strange places where one can find some really weird things. Cumberland and Salem counties also have some really underrated parks and uninhabited areas
>>
>>1012818
Adirondacks are definitely worth the drive, amazing fishing and camping
>>
>>1012838
>I live in South Jersey and it is pretty shit tier
'nuff said North Jersey ftw

Also pork roll or taylor ham? There is only one correct answer.
>>
>>1013045
>north jersey
You mean Newark? Bayone? Jersey City? The Oranges? Patterson? Wayne? Oakland? Nutley?

North Jersey is a giant fucking city, hardly /out/ tier. I can see some spots in the extreme northwest, but North Jersey in general is just as fucked as South Jersey.

Oh, and Taylor Ham.
>>
>>1011963
The pine barrons are huge, but they are pretty boring imo. Don't listen to these niggers, the beach is aesthic, and the bay is generally really nice. As for hiking and camping, I end up going to the Delaware water gap, or near/at the Appalachian mountains.
>>
>>1013412
>Don't listen to these niggers, the beach is aesthic, and the bay is generally really nice.
You've either never been to the jersey shore, or you haven't been since the early 1980's.

Let's take a look at just the past 7 years.

>2010 - Shore is at risk!
http://www.frontiergroup.org/sites/default/files/reports/The-Shore-at-Risk.pdf
>2013 - 65 NJ beaches contaminated!
https://patch.com/new-jersey/oceancity/65-worst-new-jersey-beaches-bacteria-pollution
>2013 - Syringes wash up on the Jersey Shore!
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/07/31/36-syringes-wash-jersey-shore/
>2014 - Top 10 dirtiest NJ beaches
http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14/07/27/the-list-ten-worst-new-jersey-beaches-for-water-pollution/
>2016 - Water quality took a dive this summer!
http://www.app.com/story/news/investigations/watchdog/investigations/2016/09/02/jersey-shore-beaches-nj-bacteria-water-quality/88770558/
>>
File: 1465091506441.jpg (65KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1465091506441.jpg
65KB, 768x1024px
>tfw living in Delaware right now
>love to hike
>entire state has an elevation change of about 12 feet
>not much /out/ except for hunting
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.