[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summers here and I'm in the market for a good pair of sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

Summers here and I'm in the market for a good pair of sun glasses, What are some good durable brands?
>>
>>1009977
Go to the fishing section at walmart. You wont find any polarized sunglasses for cheaper.
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (46KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
46KB, 700x420px
>>1009977
Blublockers if you don't mind looking rad as hell.
They're like 20 bucks, light weight, and sturdy.

I like Oakley frogskins because they're the opposite of durable. The arms are designed to snap off instead of break, so after you roll over on em in your tent you can just snap them back into place. Also super light. Been running in them for years.

Got a pair of smith lowdown's on sale for 40 bucks that I'm also pretty happy with.
>>
>>1009977
>my oakley holbrook frames have been pretty much indestructible. they can flex like crazy and if an arm comes off you just snap it back in. the only thing i have had to replace are the lenses and i just got some off 3rd party polarized ones that are exactly the same for a 1/3rd of the price.

on the flip side....

my brother who is hardcore into fishing and travels a lot just buys in bulk (usually 2 dozen at a time) the cheep ones you get at weddings and bar mitzvahs or whatever online. it comes out to like 3 bucks a pair and the pack will last him a year or two. it suits him just fine.

hes a lot less bummed out when he loses a pair in the water than i am.
>>
>>1011444
sorry didnt mean to greentext.
>>
>>1009977
I was gonna say dollar tree but this anon hahas the right idea as well. >>1011444
Not worth losing an expensive pair of eyewear while out
>>
>>1009977
Don't waste your money. You will scratch, break or lose them.
>>
>>1009977
Maui Jim
>>
Smith, Julbo, Rudy Project, Oakley. And for those who say to buy cheap in case you lose them, get a pair of Chums or Croakies. 5$ and you'll never lose sunglasses again. I spend up to 6 hours on the water a day in summer and I wouldn't be able to live without a good pair of wraparound polarized low-VLT shades.
>>
File: 41Y+DCPF6fL._SY355_.jpg (16KB, 236x355px) Image search: [Google]
41Y+DCPF6fL._SY355_.jpg
16KB, 236x355px
>>1011565
Native as well. I own the Trango
>>
just buy the cheapest pair of polarized sunglasses you can find on amazon
>>
>>1009977
I use Oakley M-Frames when fishing/hiking
But now that I've read this thread it makes a LOT more sense to just buy bullshit ones instead of risking my expensive ass old sunglasses.
>>
How do people lose sunglasses?
Do they fall off your face and into a black hole?
Do people set them down and then walk away, forgetting them?
This is crazy to me
Even my gf, who loses everything, hasn't lost hers

I have found perfectly good sunglasses at high altitudes 3 different times.
2 of the times they were sitting right beside the trail
I'd feel naked during the day up there without shades
>>
File: IMG_3.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
B-)
>>
File: jersey.jpg (89KB, 720x271px) Image search: [Google]
jersey.jpg
89KB, 720x271px
>>1011421
>current year
>round sunglasses
Jersey shore called and they want their shades back.

>>1011567
If you aren't Chris Froome this ain't optics for you.
>>
Costa Del Mar green mirror lenses are the best lenses you can buy today IMO.

>excellent contrast for sight fishing
>best polarization available
>extremely comfortable frames
>lifetime warranty and excellent customer service

Can't beat them. If you're worried about losing them then buy a damn croakie with a float. Anyone who tells you to buy those garbage sunglasses is a fool.
>>
>>1011616

sometimes when im yaking with my bros i get a little aggro.
sue me.

sue
>>
>>1011640
>buying blue or green mirror lenses for anything except offshore/deep sea fishing

Amber is best lense for shallow water, and without mirror tents you won't spook fish.

I like my costas though.

Don't buy ray ban, Oakley, or any other sunglasses you can buy at Sunglasses Hut. An Italian company called luxottica has a monopoly on "fashion" sunglasses and owns a ton of brands AND the stores where you can buy them so they can charge you whatever they want. Do your homework.

Maui Jim is probably the highest quality sunglasses company and has phenomenal customer service. Costa and smith are good less expensive options for an outdoor beater pair.
>>
>>1009977
We have a boating supply chain in so cal called West Marine. I get my shades there. $30 for a good pair of polarized glasses.
>>
>>1011620
Wait does this mean jersey Shore was popular you styled yourself after it?

Blublockers are classic, the design is like 50 years old.
>>
>>1011620
>>>/fa/
>>>/hm/
>>
>>1009977
Nemesis is life.

Also double as safty glasses.

80% of the people i know irl rock nemesis
>>
File: Screenshot_20170509-163124.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170509-163124.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>1011764
>>
>>1011765
>taking a screenshot on your iphone of your facebook page to shill on 4chan

I really don't even know who should kill themselves at this point.
>>
>>1011616
Lmao you've obviously never fought a fish worth a damn in your life.
A 20inch peacock bass will kick your ass if you arent ready for it
>>
>>1011662
>Amber is best lense for shallow water
In creeks and shit maybe
But no
Blue/Green are best for canal and channel fishing. No way will amber let you see through those dark ass waterways
>>
File: Visor_schematics.jpg (113KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
Visor_schematics.jpg
113KB, 800x556px
>>1009977
I would go with something older and more traditional to standout compared to the more modern stuff you see. But that is more style then brand which is a secondary issue. Your bigger concern is getting the rare materials you need to deal with that condition of yours.
>>
Went out and bought a pair of 3m Safety glasses, Super durable and good UV protection. Cheap as hell if I recall I paid 6 bucks
>>
>>1011662
I've had my Ray Ban's for 15 years, fuck off. Mad you're poor? Buy once, cry once
>>
How to wear sunglasses if you have glasses

Why is life so hard
>>
>>1011853
You get prescription sunglasses. Not that hard, why don't you try harder at life.
>>
Just get a pair of Knockarounds, OP.

>Cheap
>Look good (more than just this style obviously)
>Cheap
>Polarized as well
>Cheap
>Not going to worry if you lose em
>Cheap
>Be a little less (((basic))) than all the Ray Ban kids
>>
>>1011884
>Be a little less (((basic))) than all the Ray Ban kids
>while buying a poor man's Ray Ban
>>
>>1011662
>Oakley
Oakley is good shit. They do all their own manufacturing and R&D in Foothill Ranch, California. I have friends who work there.
>>
Julbo
>>
>>1011662
The green mirror is worlds better than amber lenses. I own almost every brand of sunglasses so believe me when I say Costas are the best. Maui Jims are okay but their warranty sucks
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 355x200px
Get some Oakley heritage eyeshades for the meme, real shit tho I love my pair of the tdf ones and I got em for like $60-$70
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.