[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know there's preppers here But is anyone here preparing/prepared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5411.jpg (871KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5411.jpg
871KB, 3264x2448px
I know there's preppers here

But is anyone here preparing/prepared for a large-scale Defensive War?

Regional Defence Thread
>>
File: 1487281286303.jpg (62KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
1487281286303.jpg
62KB, 600x891px
I'm doing some prepping just because I don't trust a major conflict to break out in the US in the next 5-10 years. Tensions are too high and the MSM and alternative media are polarizing folks more than ever. I've got a sustainable garden, long term food storage, some rabbits, chickens, and dairy goats enough to ride through a major conflict. Got some guns and what not, I figure that's better than not having them. I live in a rural community of about 25 people where everyone has about 10 acres and are mainly like minded afghan and iraq vets.
I just can't stop watching the news though, or going on /pol/. It's like watching a slow motion car wreck and I'm in the backseat. Just want to keep my family safe.
>>
>>1009683
>Defensive War
If you live in Mearca this isn't a thing. Based on logistics of land & sea, as well as other militaries' ability to actually project power and launch an invasion onto the shores of the US (including through Canada, Mexico, and/or Latin Mearca) it just isn't possible. In fact, people have run models and simultions that pretty much indicate the entire planet together couldn't successfully breach US shores.

But I spose if there's another Civil War where armies are wandering about freely through the country you might think about it I guess. Also, if you live in a country near the sphere of Russia and to a lesser extent Chiner then I'd be preparing as well. And if anything happens betwixt the US and Chiner, Straya's gonna turn into the "United Kingdom of the Pacific" once again and be highly fought-for.
>>
>>1009690
What about France?

Inb4: surrender
>>
>>1009690

If a war breaks out in merica it'll be a civil war. At the way things are going it is a matter of time.
>>
>>1009689
How fast do dairy goats move when mounted?
>>
Dont tell the FBI or ATF but theres 10-20 well known people in my county that have stores of fully auto weapons numbering in the thousands, with sufficient armor and ammo to go with it.

The loyal few hundred/thousand have recieved instruction on how to recieve their materials quickly and safely.

Being vague for a reason.
>>
>>1010063
yeah, cos you're full of shit
>>
What kind of foods do I store for the short-medium term?
I live in a metropolis so the idea of doing anything long-term is preposterous. But having enough to last 1 month while major flooding or something occurs couldn't hurt.
>>
File: team%2520goats.jpg (51KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
team%2520goats.jpg
51KB, 400x400px
>>1010061
Depends on your weight. They do best as a cart-puller. Not so good as direct cavalry.
>>
>>1010621
I hope you can cook Anon, because raw ingredients are where it is at.

Any dietary restrictions?
How many people?
Any pets?

If only a 1-3 month window then you don't have to worry about wheat berries vs flour and other longevity issues.

In general:
Flour
Sugar
Molasses
Oats
Rice
Beans
Peanut Butter

Cans of meat - tuna, chicken, pork are all affordable.

Frozen meat if you trust the power to stay on. Hamburger, ham, turkey, chicken, sausage, anything on sale that you like the taste of at $1-2/lb.

Cans of fruit - peaches, pears, mandarins, apricots, tailored to your taste. Winco or Costco have the best prices.

Dehydrated fruit for space efficient storage - Apples, bananas, raisins, apricots, cranberries. Winco has bulk. Augason food has #10 cans for a good price in stores (expensive online).

Dehydrated vegetables - Augason Farms, Rainy Day, Emergency Essentials. Augason Farms has a stew mix that is really good for 10 bucks a can (does need seasoning). Also see dehydrated carrots, spinach, celery, broccoli, peas, sweet potatoes, onions, etc.

Salt
Spices - pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, curry powder, cumin, paprika, thyme, sage, whatever the hell you cook with.
Powdered Milk - Peak is best Milk
Powdered Eggs - Ovaeasy actually tastes like eggs
Butter - Can keep frozen
WATER - get a 55 gallon drum. Then get another. Actually keep your drums filled.

Keep a log of what you actually eat for a week to get a feel for ingredient needs and portion sizes.

I go for dehydrated and not freeze dried as freeze dried takes up more space. Cans are good as they have fluid in them, helps with your water supply. However, they are much heavier.
>>
>>1010063
>Don't tell FBI or ATF
>posts on 4chan
I don't think you know how servers can be used anon
>>
>>1010642
I hadn't thought much about water. Good idea. I don't want to look like a massive autist to my wife, so I think having some water is fine, but much of it would be tinned fruit. Tinned tuna would help a little too. Tinned soup.

I guess cooking would go out the window if water supplies were gone though. I guess living in an apartment isn't conducive to surviving for any period of time..
>>
>>1010642
Throw in a couple multivitamins too, you can pick them up at dollar stores.
>>
>>1010687
Just bring up to your wife you are getting concerned about the security of the wadi things are heading. Really easy to get her on board. Women love dat security. Yeah, if you have a months worth of water (about a little more than a gallon a day per person) you will outlast most folks anyways. From there get a good water filter that doesn't require batteries. Also, something nobody thinks of but is the number one killer in survival situations is hygiene. You got a plan to get rid of poop? Wipe your butt? Wash your hands before handling food or medicine? Hand sanitizer? A way to dispose trash? A stock of medicine and disinfectants? A way to wash yourself and clothes? How doyou keep the mrs hygienic during menstrual cycles? Things to consider.

-someone who does this stuff professionally for thier govt. On my phone if it looks bad
>>
>>1010708
Thank you. Great post. Read me like a book. Hadn't thought about that at all.
>>
File: soapwort-cascading.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
soapwort-cascading.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>1010687
I have yet to meet a woman that doesn't like to save money. Buying in bulk is generally cheaper per pound and makes it so you don't have to run to the store every other day.

Instead of a 5 lb of flour buy a 10 lb bag. Instead of a small bag of rice buy the bigger one. A little here, a little there, it adds up fast. Your barbeque sauce on sale? Buy 3 bottles instead of 1. Hit the sales, keep an eye on the coupons. It doesn't have to be obsessive but in a month or two you will notice a drop in how much you are paying for food.

Dedicate a closet/pantry to your stash so it is not overwhelming. If you find prepping works for you, you can always expand later.

>>1010708
This reminds me, I need to get my soapwort in the ground. That stuff is great for hand soap and laundry detergent.
>>
>>1010786
Soapwort, ash, and some lime. Great call. A gallon of hand sanitizer is only a few bucks as well!
>>
>>1010627
LMAO
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.