[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting tired of everything 4chan, the wagecuckery,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: 1839_crawford_notch_2k.jpg (270KB, 2048x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1839_crawford_notch_2k.jpg
270KB, 2048x1332px
I'm getting tired of everything 4chan, the wagecuckery, the housing prices, the lack of available good jobs, the waste of time that is university, the over-entitled women, you know the drill.

Rather than be a wagecuck or a neet, I'm debating a third option and deciding whether or not to save up and buy a homestead in Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas or Michigan (I'm a US citizen, staying in the UK atm) with a few friends who are also considering it, and gradually learning to become as self sufficient as possible, ideally 100% within a year or two of moving. Over the next few years while saving we could train and learn almost all of the skills we'd need, and like I said the shift will be gradual rather than immediate.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, possibly from anyone who's done something similar?

>inb4 "it won't be easy anon"

Well aware, anon, but I'd rather work hard every day to feed myself and build a life I can call my own than just keep being someone's wagebitch at Papa John's.
>>
kike mods moved this so it doesn't get any replies, what a waste
>>
>>1009293
I get the vibe that /out/ isn't as active but I could be wrong
>>
File: 9c8.jpg (130KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
9c8.jpg
130KB, 499x499px
>>1009294
>>1009293
Nah it seems like I was right. Or maybe I just suck and no one wants to talk to me. Whatever.
>>
/out/ is slow
>>
File: _0003985.jpg (306KB, 768x490px) Image search: [Google]
_0003985.jpg
306KB, 768x490px
>>1009310
That's alright, I guess I'll wait then, I'll probably get better advice here than on /pol/ anyway.
>>
/out/ has had a lot of threads like this and from what I've read the responses have rarely been any good. That said, I fully support this idea. I'm also tired of much the same things and had a similar idea except I gave up on trying to get to the US, since I'm not a citizen and don't have any ties there. I already know how to make clothes, soap, electrical generation and shelter, also some experience with growing plants for food.

I read about russians giving away land in Siberia if anyone's up for living there for a few years.
There's also this community outside of Taos New Mexico where they've changed the building codes to be able to build experimental structures so it might help to look into that since they have a lot of experience.

The main issue I've been thinking about overcoming is finding a way to coexist with the system while not being directly a part of it, it might be good to have a job that's kinda lenient, like freelance or something but so far I'm not sure as to how far off grid is proper to maintain balance since getting completely ostracised would possibly lead to some "authorities" interfering, demanding all sorts of permits and what not
I think its strange to sell land and not permit the landowner to build on it but that's what the system seems to be in a lot of places
>>
>>1009291
You're not going to find any full time homesteaders on 4chan.

Just do it, and make good friends with your neighbors.
>>
File: 66205-0.jpg (299KB, 800x626px) Image search: [Google]
66205-0.jpg
299KB, 800x626px
>>1009325
I'm hoping not to run into too many permit problems. From what I know so long as my farm isn't big enough to feed a small village and I'm not selling large amounts of my food, that shouldn't require a permit. I'm pretty sure so long as the animal is on my land and isn't endangered I shouldn't have any issues with killing it (and I don't have to let anybody know I killed it anyway).

The only thing I believe I'd have to pay is property tax but the property out there is really cheap as it is and we could probably just save up a literal lifetime worth of property tax in advance to cover it forever.

If you can think of any other permit issues feel free to throw them out there. Maybe I could sell some of our products to make a wee bit of cash but we'll see.
>>
Move to a state where you can easily get Medicaid and food stamps, that will save you a lot and you won't starve. You probably need to find an area that's depopulating so you can buy a house for 50K-75K. Then you can live on 10K a year or less. It's good to be fairly close to a town so you can work pt or sell veggies or antler Moras to the locals. Just do it
>>
>>1009291
I'm getting tired of everything 4chan, too.
>>
>>1009439
Yeah, you have to escape the system and OP's idea is sound and the work will set him free.
>>
One day they'll replace me with a robot anyway
>>
>>1009291
I am also interested in this life.
>>
better to be white trash living in a trailer on land you own, than a nigger in an apartment the government pays for
>>
I am amazed how many men want MGTOW their own way these days.
>>
>>1010215
MGTOW is pure cringe. You can do what they do but do not call yourself MGTOW because you sound ridiculous.
>>
File: 1484251648400.jpg (49KB, 625x796px) Image search: [Google]
1484251648400.jpg
49KB, 625x796px
do it anon
>>
>>1010236
If anyone saves us from the mess we are in it will be MGTOW
>>
>>1009291
I don't know if having more than just you will make it more or less likely to succeed. Will probably want to make sure each legally owns their own piece just in case things go awry from an internal relations point of view.

If you go the 'save up a lifetimes worth of taxes' route, make sure you over-save in case something weird happens and they increase taxes a bunch. A lifetime is a long time, so who knows. And think about what your kids will do. I assume you wouldn't want them to have to wagecuck either, though maybe you don't want any.
>>
Can I join anon? I also want what you want.
Eating fresh foods, grown with no chemicals. Living in nature, and doing fun activities. It's truly freedom.
>>
>>1010443
Give it about 60 years and the movement will die off.
>>
>>1009291
>the wagecuckery
That's your fault

>the housing prices
Houses are beyond cheap. Leave population centers.
Also guess who is going to be dying in mass in under a decade for the next 4 decades. Homeowners.
It is going to be more of a buyer's market than japan.

>the lack of available good jobs
I don't think you understand the demographics of the united states.

>the waste of time that is university
You picked a shit degree. You aren't smart enough for college.

>the over-entitled women
This issue is legitimate.

>I'd rather work hard every day to feed myself and build a life I can call my own than just keep being someone's wagebitch at Papa John's.
I feel you. That's my plan, except it's going to be a weekend hobby for me.

I intend to: (Note: I understand how to most efficiently balance investments and loans)
work for a 5 months to save up enough savings for a safety net and down payment,
work 2-4 years to pay off a suitably large house that I actually want with the proper utilities, security, school district, and least cunty HOA,
work for some period of time while continuously searching for 600+ acres of reasonably priced non-arid land within commuting distance of my place of work and house.
Build dream ICF house.
Small 2-5 acre freedom garden, aquaponics, 0.5-1 acre greenhouse where I breed plants, small grain silo, etc
A few small-mid sized biodomes
An enthusiasts machineshop with 5 axis mill, 4 axis lathe, and self-made EDM
A 5-8 (artificial) acre pond for fishing and to test boats on. (I want to build boats)
Work until I die for the rest of my life enjoying prosperity, self-sufficiency, and enough land and resources to do whatever I want and for my children/children's children to be able to have a place to call home and build a home on.

>tl;dr
you picked the wrong major, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1009291
theres not enough true wilderness here in michigan
>>
>>1010652
I don't think it will take long expect it'll be a memory in 10
>>
>>1009346
Idaho has a homesteader's exemption. You only pay 1/2 property tax if it is your primary residence.
>>
>>1011713
Northern Minnesota just might.
>>
>>1009346
>From what I know so long as my farm isn't big enough to feed a small village and I'm not selling large amounts of my food, that shouldn't require a permit.
Careful, our judicial system is currently filled with oathbreakers. Word of law has been meaningless for the last 30 years and will likely continue for another 20.

>we could probably just save up a literal lifetime worth of property tax in advance to cover it forever.
Don't. California was permanently ruined in under 10 years. Invest enough diversely enough that you expect dividends to be enough to pay property tax forever. Fiat dollarydoos and inflation also makes saving a super shit idea.
>>
>>1011713
what about the UP?
>>
>>1011778
yucatan peninsula?
>>
>>1011780
no, the upper peninsula of michigan
>>
>>1009291
how would you pay taxes?

also dont go to montana, its a terrible place to live.
anywhere but montana.
>>
>>1011822
agreed, dont go to montana
>>
>>1011778
No. Stay away.
You're not allowed here.
>>
>>1009291
Yo, I graduated with a philosophy degree and went to pouring concrete.
Fuck that shit.

Become a salesman make $$$$ I started by chasing hail storms and getting new roofs on. Now I have 'clients' (those wagecucks) that equals 1 hr. of work to ~$250.
50K a year and only 3 days work /week.

You'll find something. Good luck
>>
>>1011829
I don't want to find something. I don't want to be a part of this anymore. I just want to get away from it all.

>>1011822
I'm thinking like the other op said, invest in something or multiple things that will give me a slight source of income, enough to cover the property tax.

Also what's bad about Montana? From a homesteader's perspective.
>>
>>1011679
I'm not in fucking university you dumb cunt
>>
>>1010236
>le being independent is le cringggggee, like omg r u kjidding me!!!

oh no kiddo it is you this whole time who is the cringe.
>>
>>1009291
I say before doing it, WOOF for a while so you can acclimate a little bit to hard outdoor work. Maybe even in the state you want to go? you can network and get better suggestions than you will on 4chan. https://wwoofusa.org/
>>
>>1009291
Fun fact, that is a painting of Crawford Notch NH.
>>
>>1009291
>"Ok guys my life sucks so I'm going to say fuck everything and ....
(Pick one )
>Become homeless
>Start a homestead
> Live in the woods

Also

>"I've never been on this board before"
> "I don't really know anything about what I'm talking about doing"
> "Spoon-feed me information I can easily Google or find at the library"

Bonus points for
>"Chris McCandless!!!"

There are at least three of these threads a week. 95% are just pipe dreams. If you were to actually go through with this the first year would suck so bad you'd want to go back. If you like the woods then get an education or learn a trade so you can have a job that involves going outside or allows enough time and money to take vacations. Or at the very least read a couple books before you make a thread. Do you really think a bunch of people on the internet are going to teach you everything you need to know. This goes for every thread like this. So hit the books and practice before you ruin the outdoors for yourself forver.
>>
>>1012713
Ok
>>
>>1012713
If you wanna actually contribute to the thread, would you care to suggest one of these books, or a place one can go to practise?
>>
>>1010652
kek thats good
>>
>>1014663
Is MGTOW illegal under Sharia?
>>
>>1010652
MGTOW is just a modern description for men just not giving a fuck and being truly independent. The term will fall out of use, sure, but the idea is permanent.
>>
File: Norwegian village.jpg (258KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Norwegian village.jpg
258KB, 1600x900px
>>1009291
good luck Anon.
make sure you have a lake and/or river with ample fish nearby.
so you can have delicious food easily when you can't hunt and your garden does not anything yet.
>>
>>1009298

/out/ is slow, and we've been having this thread again and again for years. Check the archives for "subsistence" and "homesteading" if you want a quick fix.
>>
>>1012054
>Also what's bad about Montana? From a homesteader's perspective.

If you move there, you.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.