[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy some property but don't know how to go about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

I want to buy some property but don't know how to go about it

I want a couple acres with river frontage in the blue ridge mountains. It will be a simple fishing outpost and place to camp etc.

How do I go about finding available properties? Searching realtor sites for 'land' brings up a bunch of lots for sale in planned neighborhoods. Not what I'm looking for and in any case I don't think a realtor needs to be involved?

What am I missing here
>>
>>1009001
>I want a couple acres with river frontage in the blue ridge mountains.

https://youtu.be/wHnlKzGbqZc
>>
I use to kinda work in the land business. Tons of spots like that. now getting someone to cut a few acres of there 50 acres I don't know how it works.
>>
>>1009019
it probably involves money though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw
>>
>>1009019

Were you employed by a realty company or?

How would you suggest finding such property?
>>
>>1009029
just look up land in the mountains and call them up, our call a surveyor our realtor they will now what to do. i guess? they got a few minutes to talk to you.
>>
>>1009001
Theres a lot of different websites that have land listings for sale.

Good prices. You can still get 250 dollar per acre land with flowing water on it in many parts of the U.S.
>>
>>1009049

Link me one that has listings in the blue ridge mtns?
>>
>>1009050
Landwatch is probably your best option, but you can seriously just google it. Nobody is hiding land they wish to sell. If they are hiding it, they're probably overvaluing it too.
>>
>>1009053
>Landwatch

Perfect, thanks anon. Looks to be exactly what I'm after.
>>
use a site comparable to http://gis.ventura.org/CountyView/
in the US every parcel of land is coded, you have to find an assesors map of the region you are interested in sans knowing people who already live in that region. An assesors map will show you parcels that are under private ownership yet may not have anything built on them. This is a way to find properties in the middle of nowhere. From there I guess you could contact the county assessor for further info on a particular parcel.
>>
>>1009061
Landwatch is hit or miss. Just looked at a parcel today, ~40 acres, and the pics were not accurate compared to current conditions. Try local (to the area you are looking at) realtors sites. Ultimately, you have to take some trips and physically check the properties out.
>>
>>1009594
I sincerely hope that everybody looks at properties in person before they purchase them.
>>
>>1009596
Ran into a guy and his family checking out the same property I was. I'd been there almost 2 hours. He said they were looking at the land purely for camping but he was bummed at the cost to bring power to it ($50k). Property was on both sides of the road and he was only checking out the (way) smaller side.

>tl:dr people actually show up to look at 1/10th of property and decide whether to buy based on that
>>
>>1009599
They deserve to lose money.
>>
Go to your district recorder and see if anyone hasn't paid property tax on some good land. Then just pay the delinquent tax, if it's not that high, and move in.
>>
Stupid question, but what is the point of doing this?

I see land for sale in Australia as well in remote/wild areas. Do you get hunting and fishing rights or something? The right to build a cabin or put a tent up?
>>
>>1009001
Go on your county auditor's website and search for parcels of land that have absentee land owners. A lot of people inherit property and don't really want to go through the pain in the ass of selling, so they just sit on it and pay the property taxes.

Draft a generic sounding letter stating your interest to purchase and send it out to a bunch of different land holders. You'll get a few bites.

Bonus points if you can convince somebody to sell on land contract.
>>
>>1009613
It can't be this easy, can it?
>>
>>1009049
Fuck you!

I was looking at a website with mature woodland in Maine and it was all going for like $1000/Acre. Here in the UK you're probably looking at anywhere between £6-10,000/Acre. Fucking absurd how expensive it is here although I understand the reasons why. It's pretty much put an end to my plans to buy a decent (~20 Acres) bit of land. You're quite lucky in the USA. Buy massive plot of land. Build house. Live happily ever after. Good luck doing that in the UK for under £1,000,000 even if you manage to get planning permission (you won't)
>>
Either look in local classifieds or you know contact a realtor, its literally there job to find this shit for you.
>>
>>1009654
why would we know the land rights for Australia ? In the USA you get all property rights not explicitly exempt by contract or zoning law. Unless someone states otherwise I get timber, mineral, oil, building, hunting, fishing, etc.
>>
http://www.unitedcountry.com/index.html
>>
Bump for interest.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.