[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw suburbfag The one saving grace is that there are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (3MB, 2990x2443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2990x2443px
>tfw suburbfag
The one saving grace is that there are some filled in limestone quarries down the street with forest surrounding them. I spend at least a day every week there. Any suburbian /out/ists know this feel? If not, what's your excuse for not spending at least few hours a week outdoors?
>>
>>1005509
Yeah I live in the suburbs and the only /out/ thing there is to do is a river that goes entirely across the state and eventually merges with the Ohio then the Mississippi. This summer I want to canoe at least to the ohio. Other than that there's urban hiking not very much woodlands
>>
>>1005533
That's pretty ass man. Thankfully I live right on the edge of the everglades. Kayak around the swamp sometimes
>>
>>1005509
Any decent trail is at least 3+ hours away. So that's 6 roundtrip and maybe $40 in gas to hike a trail for maybe 5-6 hours total. I hate the midwest
>>
I lived on the central coast in California until I moved when I was 10 years old. Mediterranean climate and beaches were a 20 minute drive. Rolling grassy hills for miles. Even the hot days there feel nostalgic.

Currently live in Socal. 20 miles inland from the Pacific so we get desert weather. Fucking chaparral. Its 85+ degrees at least 5 months out of the year. Everything looks dry and dead. "Winter" through early Spring is when it actually reminds me home and every thing comes to life, especially this year since we had a fucking downpour of rain. Feelsgoodman.jpg

Drove past the regional park I usually go to during that time. Its already hot and everything but drought resistant shrubs looks brown. Im pretty sure im just biased/spoiled by good weather to appreciate how close so many trails are. At least it isnt too bad to hike at dawn.
>>
Chicago burbs here

I drive an hour up to Wisconsin and do the ice age trail. It's a good time, lotta diverse landscape on it
>>
File: 1493717886508.jpg (117KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493717886508.jpg
117KB, 768x1024px
>>1005509
I live in a rural town in England, all I have to do is walk over the street and i'm in a massive Forrest that is larger than the town. I love it there, grew up camping and having fires there. It takes about 30-40 minutes to get into the center of the forest. So far in you can happily wild camp there and not be disturbed.
>>
>>1007556
Britbong here, Anon. Whereabouts are you? I'm nearish to the Peaks but forests (at least ones you can walk for 30 mins in to get to the middle) are alien to me. I'd quite like to do some wild camping in the woods.
>>
>>1005509
I have some filled in gravel quarries down the road from me. Its really a great place, I'm lucky to have them and I'm lucky that nobody else goes there. The fishing at some of them is insane.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.