[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever think about moving to Alaska? I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (516KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
516KB, 1600x1200px
Anyone here ever think about moving to Alaska? I've been looking at some of the southern islands and it seems like the perfect /out/ state. Not lots of people, boat is a common means of travel, tends to attract the outdoorsy types of people, Thoughts?
>>
Give it a whirl, it isn't what you expect at all. Everyone will say you won't make it. Before you get down about it, just go. That's all there is to it. Get up and go.
Going out in the bush in a few weeks here for work.
What do you mean by southern islands?
>>
>>1003231
Like the Prince of Wales islands. I'm from MA and it's not north enough for me.
>>
Dunno but the two people from Kodiak I've met have been insane (in a good way).
>>
>>1003238
I'd suggest starting in Juneau and branching out from there. Make sure you can bring stuff to the table.
>>
>>1003268
Yeah I've been looking at juneau but I've got some experience boating and I don't know what it is but living on a big island with like 3k people just seems really comfy
>>
>>1003221
you'll fucking die in the winter if you think it's like that year round
>>
>>1003380
It's SE Alaska, you fucking retard. It's the southern coast of Alaska, if it gets to -20 it's an exceptionally cold year. They boat all year. It isn't Barrow, it isn't Fairbanks, it isn't St. Mary's. It's fucking SE Alaska. All they get is rain and snow. If you're lucky it'll be sunny every now and again.
OP, wow, you have boat experience. Take daddy's skiff out on the local lake? Isn't the same thing, at all. How experienced are you at tying down boats and I mean professionally. They will laugh and yell at you for not doing it right.
Save up some dough, preferably close to 10k(don't tell anyone unless you want to die), go to Juneau or Ketchikan since it's the hubs around where you're thinking. Start asking around for work. You'll likely get two options, construction or commercial fishing. Be honest with your skill levels, don't overshoot yourself, it will give you a bad name. You DO NOT want a bad name, you will become an outcast.
Or move to Juneau and get a job on the north slope and do two on two off. They fly you up, feed you, they might have benefits, idrk, then and put you to work. But I think the north slope is more of an Anchorage thing than a Juneau thing because of airfare but could be wrong for all I know.
>>
Alaska is NOTHING like what you picture it to be. Personally I say it's better than what most picture it but that's because I love the toils of life.
>>
>>1003221
Bro I've been to Alaska. It cold in the winter and wet in the summer. Don't get me started on the mosiquitos.

It's rough country for rough men. It's not some "heh moving out" especially if you're moving to a remote area.

Good luck. It's definitely beautiful country I'm looking at more Wyoming myself.
>>
Was stationed at Eielson for 3 years. Hated it. The winter's are fucking brutal. The lack of sunlight will fuck with your mind and body. Yeah summer is nice but it's short and the mosquitos are so big they have fur.

I have no desire to ever live there again.
>>
>>1003494
Found the pussy
>>
>>1003508
Yeah that guy that did 4 years in the post 9/11 military is the pussy, not you, the lardo on the internet that's never accomplished anything or traveled anywhere.
>>
>>1003511
Gotta throw some better b8 at me then that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.