[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's the deal... You now get $3500 a month at a mini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Outside[1].jpg (991KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Outside[1].jpg
991KB, 1500x1000px
Here's the deal...

You now get $3500 a month at a minimum for the rest of your life and have to choose a place to live. Would you rather:

A. Buy an amazing, modern home (pic related) on a mountaintop with several acres for ultimate privacy and amazing views. Also has access to high speed internet. After all your bills and living expenses you will only have $800 left a month for entertainment.
Here's more of the home, http://www.honomobo.com/ho4-2/

B. Buy a far cheaper, typical suburban home. Nothing in particular interesting about the home, neighbors all around you. However, after all your bills and living expenses you will have $1400 left a month for entertainment.

Is it worth spending the extra $600 to have option A, or would you rather have option B and the extra $600 to spend? Why did you choose your option?
>>
Interior. Also video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz_d1mprtlI
>>
I live on >€8k a year now so 800 a month for fun things seems luxurious and decadent to me.

I also don't care much for people so I chose the former.
>>
$9600 vs $16800 in spending cash every year.

That IS a big difference...
>>
I'd be a transient if I made that much.
>>
>>1002893
Clearly A is the only option, although I would prefer a cabin near water over a modern home on mountains.
>>
>>1002893
oh my they actually build it out of container, thought they just stole look with some sheet metal casing, which would be smarter and cheaper
>>
>>1002925
Kill yourself you filthy Jew
>>
>>1002982

It's a hypothetical question. I don't want that much money, but that's what I would do if you gave it to me for free.
>>
>>1002893
Option C.
Earn $6k a month.
Already buy house on lot in glorious PNW.
15% to retirment.
All else to mortgage(only debt) payed off in 2020 by current buget.
Then stack retirement/investments like crazy till aprox $2k/monthly passive.
"Retire" from regular work at that time, sooner if I find a way to keep funding investments with a part time business.
Basically working my ass off toward financial independence while also trying to make my own money and get out from having a boss if I can. Priority now is pay of muh 40 acres before I worry to much about breaking away from the boss.
30btw. Wish I had these goals at 20...I'd have had this place paid off at 27 and be 6 years closer to financial freedom....
>>
>>1003034

Cool story bro. But there wasn't an option C. I already fully retired at 35, which is why I asked the question in the first place, so your option C doesn't help me at all.
>>
>>1002893
I already live in a house in rhe mountains option a just give me a nicer house and more money so fuck yeah
>>
>>1003059
There's always option c...if you just go back to work you can pay off that modern woods cabin in like 4 years and keep all the passive income. That's not worth it to you really?
>>
>>1003059
I mean seriously. At 35 why would you get into 30yr debt if you're able body and could just pay it of quickly? I guess I just don't get it. Like what are you going to do for the next 40yrs? Have $1k+/-200 a month to live on and sleep in? I want to be my own boss buy even if won the lottery I'm not sure I could be fully retired at 35. I just enjoy doing stuff to much...might as well get paid to do the stuff.
>>
>>1003072
Just imagine. Epic woods modern house and $3k monthly play money....I can and am putting in way more the half a decade for that. I still take vacations and do shit. Not like I'm not also living but I guess I also enjoy what I do so I don't get that Monday dread.
>>
>>1002893
Option A all the way, that's all I would ever want in life and I can only dream of being blessed with that situation
>>
>>1002893
I just want the acreage desu, keep your homohobo house
>>
>>1003168

Honomobo is sexy tho.
>>
>>1002893
That would be a dream. Of course I would choose the forest. I currently live off 800 $ (€), but the rent is only 300 € and I live in a forest. The internet is pretty shitty unfortunately.

You don't need a lot of money for "entertainment", I managed to build a 4K rig and a secondary computer. You just need to focus priorities. I don't have a reallife and walk distances like 30km.
>>
>>1002893
You bet your ass I'm taking the mountaintop home. A place like that is EASILY worth an extra $600/month, and in a place like that, most of your entertainment is going to be cheap/free anyways, so $800/month will be plenty.
>>
>>1002893
A you fucking moron. A
>>
>>1002893
$800 a month is a ton for just entertainment.

More than enough, I'd pick that easy.
>>
>>1002893
acreage can be used to make a profit and has significant tax write offs if used agriculturally.

if you worked the land for a few years and developed it, you could eventually afford both A and B.
>>
>>1002893
That's $100 less than I make in a year. I seriously wouldn't even know where to begin with $42,000 a year.
>>
>>1006004

Won't be doing any farming on top of a mountain. Pic related, the land looks similar.
>>
>>1002982
Thats more than enough money to travel with. Why wouldnt you?
>>
>>1006465
not that guy, but hydroponic farming is pretty cheap and easy to set up
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.