[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to think these were toys but apparently you can successfully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

I used to think these were toys but apparently you can successfully hunt small game with them? Anyone have any experience? Easy to use? Which model do I go for?
>>
I guess this is a "tacticool" slingshot.
Honestly with some training any slingshot can be used to hunt small game frome a short distance.
>>
>>1001964

It's a picture I googled for the OP, don't know if the thing is any good.
>>
have had a few of them , the elastic always seem to break after a while , barnett is a good make
>>
>>1001964
>have laser pointer on slingshot grip
>no reference points for the rubbers to be aligned with grip

kek
>>
File: 1429973158298.jpg (511KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1429973158298.jpg
511KB, 1600x1200px
>>1001961
These can be used for hunting. Unless you crack their skull you're not going to kill them, but a well placed shot will stun an animal or knock it out of a tree after which you can grab it and finish it off.
>Source: I have done it
>>
File: PocketPredator.jpg (51KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
PocketPredator.jpg
51KB, 500x481px
>>1001961
http://www.pocketpredator.com/two.html

This guy is the fucking John Browning of slingshots. The Simo Hayha of match heads. I want to get one but then remember I have no dedication and would never practice enough to be like him. Still, this is the way to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrTXPbRlCRg
>>
I knew a guy who used to hunt rabbits with them. Small animals are all they're good for. Rodents, lizards, birds e.t.c. Get one with a wrist support like in the OP. I have one and it makes it so much better. Never used it for hunting anything except cans of baked beans though.
>>
File: 20151012_110139i.jpg (927KB, 1494x2067px) Image search: [Google]
20151012_110139i.jpg
927KB, 1494x2067px
>>1001961
have posted pic several times before (no joy this season due to birdflu outbreak)

but nogunz britbong here! we don't really have any game bigger than a bunny here anyway but even air rifles attract a lot of attention form panicky soccer moms and bow hunting is outright illegal.

I've been hunting with a slingshot for small game for about 7 years now, bunnies a couple of squirrels and birds. it's a lot easier to learn than people realise, you can get scary accurate in a very short space of time and the stopping power is way under rated and totally unregulated- slingshots are still seen as the toys of mischievous little kids. I hunt with a pretty light setup, 7kg draw weight shooting 4g, 9.5mm steel BBs @95m/s hitting for near 18J. A lot of the guys use bands/ammo combos that deliver over 30J.

You don't have to be up close, I can headshot stuff up to about 30m without too much difficulty. if you want to learnt eh biggest tips I can give is start with a light draw weight, use uniform ammo (steel/lead BBs) and use a consistent 'anchor point' for your draw. to practice shootign I shoot at Trebor strongmints from 20m (dunno if they can be bought outside the UK?) so you can easily see the hits as they disappear in a pufff of dust. ammo is cheap as heck, I pay less than £20 for 1000 9.5mm steel BBs which realistically does me a full season of shooting.

so for something that fits inside a fag packet and with 50 shots and weighs less than 250g you'd be hard pressed to finds something to beat a slingshot like this in terms of active small game hunting
>>
>>1002019
>Claims to have hunted with slingshot
>Says you can only kill animals by headshot
I don't believe you anon.
>>
>>1001961
I had something similar and killed a squirrel with it once. My state just made wrist brace slingshots illegal.
>>
>>1001970
It's called an anchor point and each shooter establishes one then sights the laser into him or her.
>>
>>1002019
I have killed squirrels on my back deck with a crossman slingshot, you can kill them with body shots too. In fact I prefer them to headshots. I do taxidermy and when the skull shatters it leaves a bunch of sharp points that you can scratch yourself on while skinning.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/embed/byFwnN0vMJM
>>
I used to hunt with them when I was younger (12ish) before I had my first pellet gun. I only killed grouse with them. Generally I would hit them out of a tree and they would be stunned on the ground but not dead. At that point I would just hit their head on a tree.

To be honest, if you practice your aim they are actually very effective. I take one with me whenever I'm out hiking just on case something happens. I know I'll have a reliable food source with a tool with unlimited ammo and will never jam or malfunction
>>
>>1002635

>never jam or malfunction

don't the rubber straps break regularly?
>>
>>1002638
My son has had his for years and never broke the rubber straps. The wrist slings break or fall off easily though but can be replaced by a piece of paracord.
>>
>>1002638
Not regularly but they can. I keep an extra at home in a drawer. They're cheap and easy to replace.
>>
>>1002638
they do wear due to abrasion and if they snap its generally a case of unmatched bands/ammo kinda like dry firing a bow. you'll bands with too much let off on ammo too light leads to short bandlife. having flatbands cut to taper for greater power also shortens bandlife

flatbands = lighter draw and as they are thinner contract faster and generally give better performance but are very temp dependant ( poor performance with cold weather) and typically dont last very long

tubular bands= far heavier draw weight but last forever compared to flatbands and are far more rugged
>>
I carry one in pocket when deer hunting just for partridge that come around my stand. Marbles make some good ammo. Quiet enough not to spook other big game like deer. Better then wasting a rifle round and risking damaged meat in the pot
>>
>>1003155
Rocks are cheap and easy to find, but inconsistent.
>>
I tried going squirrel cunting with a slingshot a while ago. It's really fucking hard to hit anything, especially when there's a bit of wind.
>>
"Eagle of Sniper" slingshot.

Stupid name but apparently the manufacturer has hunted game up to Black Bears with it (with arrows obviously).
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.