[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys im about to do a chris mccandless. So im going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1492988336583.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492988336583.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
Alright guys im about to do a chris mccandless.
So im going to go camping in the woods this summer. But heres the difference: im basically going all out. No shitty "camp" site with all the luxuries of plumbing and basic communication. Im going staright into the wilderness with whatever i can carry in a back pack. So my question is what should i take? Water is easy as texas has a low water table and i can pretty much dig a hole and it will fill up pretty quick. For food i plan on taking some bags of rice and beans. Also sleeping bag and a small one person tent. I will also take various other things knives, tape, compass etc. Ive never done this before. Feel free to constructively criticise or just shit on my idea.
>>
>>1001051
What national forest do you plan on doing this in? If you do it in sam houston say hi to my hobo pal jeremy.
>>
>>1001053
Is that where i should be going? Is it safer than some random patch of woods?
>>
Looks like you have everything you need. Have fun!
>>
>>1001069
Well the only semi wilderness will be in the national forests. But even there you will probably still see people there are logging roads every mile or two.
>>
>>1001051
remember 1p tent is 1p minus backpack, 2p tent is 1p plus backpack
bring fishing equipment and camp near a good fishing spot so you have something to do
bring some paperback books so you can spend time learning something new
>>
>>1001051
Skip the beans, you can forage that shit.
>>
>>1001051
You know Alexander didn't just park his ass in the woods, right? He was out hitch-hiking, floating rivers, worked jobs when he needed to so he could pay for gear replacements, etc. It wasn't until he decided to seclude himself in the wilderness that he died, and that was after two years of practicing those skills between jobs.
>>
Yay this thread again
>>
I did this and made a thread and everyone called me a liar.
>>
I've lost like two pounds since feb.
>>
>>1001591

>He was out hitch-hiking, floating rivers, worked jobs

You fanboys will believe anything. The guy was a hobo and a panhandler. He had no adventures, he had no skills, he was a bum
>>
>>1001051
That's not "going McCandless"

That's just "going backpacking"
>>
>>1001690
No if you dont have a specific end point of your hike like a certain peak or whatever, then thats McCandlessing
>>
>>1001670
This

Only jobs he ever had was sympathy yard work when people let his middle class twink ass sleep the night over and McDonalds, which reportedly he was nearly incompetant at.

Imagine being mentally ill but capable of physical activity. So easy to become deluded to the point of trying to solve things yourself rather than get professional help. Professional help is almost never considered in the mentally ill, they're almost always found and forced into it. This one just happened to die. Just like the hobos that freeze under the bridge every year.
>>
>>1001692
>>shitposting general
No, it's a lifestyle change famalam, mcandless was an idiot. Modern Kerouac, except kerouac was twice as retarded. Look up Diogenes if you want to sound only slightly less retarded when you try to explain why you do what you do later.

Fact is you're homeless now, time to catch hep c and start using dope if you're not already. Also get your bottom ready for the local rape gangs. Might ditch the rice and beans till you get where you're going, the rape gangs will be upset if you don't give a good chase because you're too weighted down. You're free to go wherever you want, but the rape gang will probably waiting for you when you get there. Once you get to some national forest near you, then you can set up camp and cook your rice and beans. The closest real forest to Texas is probably Arkansas, Colorado or New Mexico. Alternatively you camp innawoods near your local Walmart and try not to make it too obvious you're living behind it while you get raped by the rape gangs.
>>
>>1001690
I though "going McCandless" meant wandering out and starving to death
>>
>>1001051
80 Lbs of tools.
>>
>>1001848
Came here to say this. You don't wanna be a fucking pussy-faglet do you?
>>
>>1001051
>high water table
Ftfy
If you're higher than the water, and it's "low" it's further away.
>>
>all of these /aut/ists trying to reinvent going fucking camping

Guys. It's not a big deal. Drop whatever the fuck mccanless is
>>
>>1002038
It's a reference to Into the Wild

He goes out into Alaska and starves to death
>>
>>1002038
Can't bleeb some1 wood b so drespicful to Chris >:[
>>
File: sketch1493223288339.png (96KB, 849x568px) Image search: [Google]
sketch1493223288339.png
96KB, 849x568px
>>
>>1002076
This is retarded, I'm not defending Chris
I don't even know who Chris is. You must be OP
>>
File: 1493223340552-1.png (80KB, 302x568px) Image search: [Google]
1493223340552-1.png
80KB, 302x568px
>>1002080
Fixed for you
>>
I doubt you'll last long, but I wish you godspeed.
>>
>>1002086
You must be new.
>>
File: 20160416_132450.jpg (646KB, 2285x1285px) Image search: [Google]
20160416_132450.jpg
646KB, 2285x1285px
>>1001774

>He's never been to East Texas

I mean, you do have to worry about the rovign rape gangs, but there's definitely a shitload of forest.
>>
>>1001082
Agreed, >>1001051
bring a 2-3 person tent so you'll be able to move around a bit
>>
>>1001774
/it/ here famalam, you're an idiot, diogenes only ever left the city to go to other cities.
>>
>>1002114
I'm on /k/ for most of my chan time
When did this Chris guy come up?
>>
>>1002086
It takes two seconds to google that. Fucking summer fag.
>>
>>1002804
This isn't /k/, k would be Chris Costa. This is /out/ and Its Mccandless
>>
>>1002808
Awwee poor guy, did someone take your animal crackers? Lazy fucking summer fag
>>
>>1001774
>complains about shitposting
>starts shitposting
never change 4chan
>>
>>1001051
>Water is easy as texas has a low water table and i can pretty much dig a hole and it will fill up pretty quick

Yep. I can say without doubt that you'll end up exactly like he did.
>>
>>1001051
>>1003784 (OP)
Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.
>>
>>1004243
Top kek. I often wonder about the mcandeles story. Like it takes fortitude to starve to death. Even in alaska any moron can walk 2 days to get food
>>
>>1004276
He didn't know what he was doing, he managed to waste an entire dead moose and starved to death because he was only shooting rabbits for food.

It's theorized that he tore up a cabin a little bit south of him, because it was encroaching on "his wilderness". He could've lived in so many different scenarios if he just thought about what he was doing
>>
>>1002086
I've been lurking here for two days and I already know who he is

>inb4 newfag
I'm not summering up your board, don't worry I have common decency
>>
>>1004276
>>1004294
I'm pretty sure the theory is he was eating some poisonous berries that caused him to lose his strength and waste away. I think they found some of these berries on him too.

like idk but since youre pretending to know/care you could, like, look it up
>>
>>1006582
There's some doubt about that theory. It's even acknowledged in the book.

And even if eating toxic plants was what really fucked him over in the end, it's well-documented that he made a huge number of other mistakes and was a general asshole on his way up there.

His idea of going off into the wilderness on a grand adventure is all well and good, but the way he did it was not.
>>
>>1001051
if you want to cover miles look at what thru hikers carry
>>
>>1001694
>sympathy yard work
I do that after my work week for help and pocket change.
Fuck that for a living.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.