[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone here on /out/ help me out? I went hiking today and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6533.jpg (38KB, 700x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6533.jpg
38KB, 700x660px
Can anyone here on /out/ help me out? I went hiking today and this year the ticks are bad. Apparently there's a large amount of mice right now which are bringing a lot of ticks into the forest. As I was leaving my hike I found a tick on me, I flicked it off and watched it land on near the cigarette lighter. I tried to burn it with my lighter but I was trying to pay attention to the road there were a lot of cars. The tick retreated into the cigarette lighter so it got away. Should I be worried? I don't think it's going to starve to death, I really hope it doesn't lay eggs. What should I do?
>>
>>1001028
This is like the fifth tick thread. Just call your primary doctor and get antibiotics and go to one tick thread.
>>
>>1001031
That should tell you how bad it is right now
>>
if it didn't bite you (they burrow under skin when they do) you have nothing to worry about. Generally they won't starve unless they go without feeding for a month but they need to be in a dark moist environment to keep alive. Throwing clothes in the drier will kill them more often than not but unless your house is overly moist and humid the fuckers won't survive more than a couple of days at most.
If you want to get it out of the lighter either spray it with deet or cover it in some essential oil. You'll obviously need to clean it after but it'll find it's way out after being smothered in that shit.
>>
>all these t h i c k threads lately
Hey guise stop it already, I'm getting scared.
>>
>>1001172
You should be scared
>>
>>1001033
>>1001031
If it didn't bite you it's no big deal
If it did bite you and it was minor it's no mother fucKing big deal
Idk how no one on /out/ knows what a tick is
>>
>>1001028
If its a car lighter just push it in and burn that fucker.
>>
>>1001028
Just got back from 4 days inna national forest. Not a single tick found on my body. Thanks permethrin.
>>
>>1001028
>Into the lighter
wtf???????? It's just a tick dude. Don't be a sissy. They don't even hurt that bad when they do bite. Just make sure to pull it out the right way (don't rip its head off, I've done that on accident before). Thou hath not known true pain until thou receives chigger bites the day before you have to be somewhere all day.
>>
>>1001865
Thank you that was the answer I needed. Just was worried about it laying eggs or something
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.