[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reasons I should get a Hammock over this? Once you include the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 81xu-seCCOL._SL1323_.jpg (267KB, 1323x1005px) Image search: [Google]
81xu-seCCOL._SL1323_.jpg
267KB, 1323x1005px
Reasons I should get a Hammock over this?
Once you include the straps/underblanket thing the weight is around the same (just under 1kg)
>>
If you're going to be a ground dweller, why wouldn't you buy a 2 man tent with a small porch for under (or just over) 1Kg? More expensive, but better.
>>
>>1000554
Could you link me? At least in the UK the closest thing I could find to that was a 1.8kg 2man but it was £100 while this is half the weight and only £45

Max I'm willing to spend really is £70 for a one man

I always have a 3 x 3m tarp with me, I use it as a sitting shelter, to keep my bag dry and to cook under using a fire hole
>>
Yeah, sorry, not on that budget. I was talking about A LOT more expensive. For example the Terra Nova Solar Photon 2 is about 830g but retails @ £450. I got mine new for £220 so got a cracking deal. There are other superlight tents out there but they're all expensive.

If you have a tarp, I would just use that and ditch the bivvy to save even more weight. You could set it up in a tent configuration with two walking poles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMAtpWQdVbY

I always thought a bivvy would be claustrophobic as fuck.
>>
>>1000562
I'm not even out of college yet so something like that would kill me to buy.

Thanks anon, that link is fucking awesome I will look more into that style of camping!
>>
>>1000565
Check out the smd lunar solo tarp tent.

A bivvy might be waterproof but in heavy weather the fact that it lays directly on your sleeping bag can cause issues.

There are also tarp tents on alixpress
>>
>>1000551
>>1000557
fwiw, you might enjoy using a tarp- I often times do. But you're gonna have a bad time if you're in an area where all the ground gets saturated or bugs are plentiful. If I were you I'd get a cheap tent like this

https://www.amazon.com/Texsport-Person-Camouflage-Trail-Tent/dp/B000P9GZGE

have fun, enjoy being out without caring too much about gear and get something worth the money when you have the money in a few years.
>>
>>1000605
That tent sucks desu. Horrible ventilation. Horrible front enclosure. No attempt at seem sealing. Fabric is water resistant but in heavy rain will leak. I had to spend about an extra $50 on seam sealer, silicone spray and velcro (for front enclosure) to make it stand up to good rain.
My biggest complaint now is the rear window can only be opened/closed from the outside. And you can not guy out the window flap if it is raining because of the pole location.
>>
>>1000605
>>1000618
And holy shit. Why is this thing is up to almost $40!!!!! It was $25 when I purchased it. That what made me buy it in 1st place. At $40 it's a definite pass.
>>
>>1000551
>over
I would just use one or the other.
>>
>>1000619
>>1000618
oh shit, I didn't bother reading the price, I just assumed it was still $20 which made all the negatives worth it, but fuck that new price.
>>
Hammocks are not about weight savings, they are about comfort.

The first time you don't have to crawl out if your waterproof bag on your hand and knees will make you a believer in hammocks.
>>
>>1000551
-you don't have to worry about the ground conditions
-condensation is shite in a bivy
-getting in and out of a bivy is also shite

I guess if you're going somewhere with no trees like a summit or whatever, a bivy's okay.
>>
File: OverRoam-Roof-Top-Tent-2.jpg (79KB, 1020x566px) Image search: [Google]
OverRoam-Roof-Top-Tent-2.jpg
79KB, 1020x566px
>I'm literally above you peasants
>>
>>1001770
And it only cost $1500 for the tent!

Not to mention the stupid-ass TRD 4Runner which was obviously necessary to drive through a mildly-sloping grassy field.
>>
>>1000551
I just personally find hammocks incredibly comfy. Like you say, once you have everything packed up for the hammock it really doesn't take up much less space than a tent.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.