[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, my girlfriend is looking for a new car and could use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Hey /o/, my girlfriend is looking for a new car and could use some direction. She currently has a 1998 Ford Explorer, it's in decent shape with minimal rust, roughly 157k miles, but she has an annoying issue where when she fills it up with gas the nozzle shuts off every 5 seconds. It takes her like 10 minutes to fill up.

She's been working a lot and is saving up a good amount. She could likely sell the truck for at least $1000, she bought it for $1300 and barely put any miles on it.

With a budget of $3000, what would be a good smaller SUV for her? I was thinking another explorer.
>>
>>17893169
She's filling it up wrong because she's retarded or shes letting it run so low that the vapor from the tank is cutting it off when she fills up.
>>
>>17893207
She goes 100 miles before filling up, the tank is much larger than that. On top of it, I've tried filling the gas tank, 2 in her family, and gas attendants at full serve have tried and everyone gets the same issue.
>>
>>17893169
why not a hatch op? it would be better on gas and you could probably find lots in that price range.
>>
>inb4 le 3k civic maymay
>>
My old car does this and I just pull the nozzle out a little bit so the rubber guard isn't flush against my car. It still shuts off automatically when it's full.
>>
>>17893287
>hatch
He wants to get a vehicle for a human being not a retarded fucking lizard person
>>
Get her a used rav4 instead of another SUV. They go for 3k 2004 models.
>>
>>17893287
She likes SUV's.

>>17893305
We have tried all different ways to fill the gas, including this. Still happens.

>>17893314
I'll give it a look, how are older Pathfinders as well?
>>
>>17893319
You are literally being retarded, use the nozzle in a different way. I cant believe your contemplating getting another car because of this.
>>
>>17893346
I think you might be the retarded one here
>>
>>17893346
She also wants something a bit nicer now that she can afford more than a $1300 car. Plus it has slight body rust and whatever as I said.
>>
>>17893351
A new fill tube is a $20 part, moron.
>>
>>17893416
Exactly, stupid idiot wants to pay 3k instead of 20 bucks
>>
>>17893552
Go fuck yourself, OP said she isn't just getting a new car cause of the fill tube issue
>>
>>17893586
>listening to women's justifications
>>
>>17893684
>Being a virgin
>>
Lincoln Navigator to give the bull something else to drive other than your gf

Take on crippling debt to afford it
>>
Same fuel issue with my car. Until she replaces the Explorer, try turning the gas nozzle sideways. It might not auto shut off when it's full, but it won't turn off every 5 seconds either.
>>
>>17893169
Just fix the explorer. Do you have a check engine light for the evap system?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.