[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets discuss them: Are they reliable at 60k miles? 100k? JCW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Minicooper.png (2MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Minicooper.png
2MB, 2048x1360px
Lets discuss them:

Are they reliable at 60k miles? 100k?
JCW worth the money over S?
Is the Auto tranny the same as in BMW?
How do they compare to a miata as far as fun to drive?
>>
File: 1475168579367.png (355KB, 750x711px) Image search: [Google]
1475168579367.png
355KB, 750x711px
>yes, but avoid early prince engine ones (2005-2008)
>yes
>im not sure actually. bmw uses a lot of different transmissions depending on engine size. Its just a dumb tiptronic though.

its a """sporty""" fwd car
its deffinately fun, but you can have about the same amount of fun in a civic with ebay coilovers. Im a manchild so my definition of a fun car is that if it can powerslide im happy.
>>
>>17892787
Won't be as fun as an MX-5 because FWD, but still quite fun
>auto
if at all possible when buying a hot hatch (or any hatch), get it with a manual.
>>
>>17892787
It's unreliable trash. Suspension is stiff which causes rattles in the interior. It's a shit car.

t. my brother had one
>>
>>17892831
Can vouch for the shit suspension my cousin has one and dear God the thing feels like your getting thrown around any time you drive it
>>
>>17892787
>>17892804

Anecdotal but personally the mini I had was fucking amazing, never had any issues. It wasn't supercharged, but still a nice DD. 2005. HOWEVER, while I say they're reliable, the moment that something happens (and something inevitably will at some point), they are expensive to repair and a pain in the ass if you're working on one yourself.

>>17892831
t. somebody who has never driven a snappy car before. If you think that's bad then try driving a Miata. Good handling cars have stiff suspension.
>>
>>17892787
Once the clutch goes you throw the car away because they are nearly impossible to replace.
>>
>>17892940
>hurr durr a car has to have rock hard suspension to be sporty
No it doesn't. it should be nice and compliant to keep the tire in contact with the pavement instead of bouncing over bumps.
>>
Former mini owner here,

Their great cars but parts and service are going to be expensive. So get it if your prepared to spend to fix them. Also make sure you get an S one. Ended up trading mines in but I enjoyed it while I had it.
>>
bump.

Anyone know average yearly maintenance?
>>
>>17892787
had a 2009, great car (auto was still fun) got mid to low 30s on gas. no rattles but startups always made go "whew, it started!"

did have a small curn bump and the lower plastic frame of the radiator got hit, cracked the radiator towers. had to order but needed to drive so just plastic welded them up and never had to put in the new rad yet, going on 2 years.
glued it together like a plastic toy car model lol. Not a rocketship but dam can it run circles around everything.
>>
>>17893691
The article is a bit dated, but check out the long-term test drive of the Mini Cooper S by Car and Driver.
They haven't done one since.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-mini-cooper-s-hardtop-long-term-test-wrap-up
>>
>>17892995
I never claimed that a car has to have rock hard suspension to be sporty, nor did I even claim the Mini was 'sporty' in the first place. I just said that cars with sharp handling, such as the Mini, tend to have that trait.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.