[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if i don't have any interest in changing my own oil is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1498357953179.jpg (55KB, 547x342px) Image search: [Google]
1498357953179.jpg
55KB, 547x342px
if i don't have any interest in changing my own oil is it preferable to go to the dealer or the run of the mill brainlet mechanic?
>>
doesnt matter as long as its not a quick change place
dealers have the dumbest people assigned to oil changes
>>
Dealer is better option but also more expensive.

If you dont give a shit about the car just take to the cheapest spot you can find
>>
get yourself a good personal mechanic and make sure he's not bullshitting you.
>>
trick question

you don't need a brain to change oil

even you could do it op
>>
>>17889296
i think its more of him being cheap and lazy
>>
>>17889058
literally just go to jiffy lube and tell them what oil you need, in and out in 20 minutes
>>
>>17889058
do it yourself anyway faggot.
>>
>>17889329
>>17889308
it's a wrx and ITT people are saying quick change places are full of retards as well as dealerships so I'm confused tbhonest
>>
>>17890955
Quick change places are always a bit of a gamble, but they wouldn't stay in business if they weren't good enough for the vast majority of appliance car drivers. I can't imagine paying to have a stealership do it.

Let's say I didn't want to change my own oil, since it's a great opportunity to have a quick look around to see if there's something else visibly wrong like an oil leak or a torn steering boot or whatever else. I would take it to the shop I've been using for years for inspections, tire mounting and balancing, and other jobs that I don't want to try to do myself. In the long run, you'll want to find such a place you can trust anyway, unless you really enjoy paying stealership prices.
>>
>>17889058
I used to go to Walmart when I lived in the city and had no place to do it myself.
>>
>>17891180
this isnt true at all, ive worked at both a dealer and started at a jiffy lube.

jiffy lube could give two tenths of a fuck as to whats wrong with your car. Drain plug leaking? meh, tighten it up tighter, if that doesnt work slap some sillicone or teflon tape on that motherfucker and run that bitch home. ive got 14 others waiting in line behind you.

dealers get the real bone heads, idiots that you thought couldnt exist. where as jiffy lube might actually have a decent mechanic that is getting paid peanuts to change your oil fast. guys who work at dealers get paid commission that is flat rate. oil change pays 10-30 minutes. that means if he goes over 20 minutes of on your shitbox hes losing money. in order to make 8 hours per day on straight oil changes you have to do 24 oil changes per day.just to get paid more than minimum wage.
>>
>>17891642
That's why I do my own oil changes mate. Who wants to pay a garage monkey for that shit unless maybe it's so that he can do a bunch of flat rate jobs at once and turn the car back out for a repeat customer and profit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.