[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips for a nervous new driver? I have the mechanisms of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: beep beep.jpg (35KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
beep beep.jpg
35KB, 960x539px
Any tips for a nervous new driver?

I have the mechanisms of the car down, never stall, but find myself fucking up when I'm out on the road and cant grasp a lot of things.

>Don't know what to do when coming to a brake, especially if there's a chance it might not be a red light

>Dont know what stop light is mine

>Don't know how to find my road position, always too close or far away from kerb

>Forget who has right of way on roundabouts

>Always too fast or too slow, dont know how to be in the right speed

>Don't know 90% of road signs

I really want and need to drive, but I'm starting to think I'm too stupid and it's putting me off actually going out and practicing.
>>
Lemme guess, you already have a license.
>>
File: S5O1HSf.png (39KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
S5O1HSf.png
39KB, 914x1091px
just b urself
>>
>>17888798
Nope - learner permit but haven't gone past parking lots yet.
>>17888805
Really made me think
>>
>>17888790
Manual or auto?

Comes with practice tier:
>Don't know how to find my road position, always too close or far away from kerb
>Don't know what to do when coming to a brake, especially if there's a chance it might not be a red light

Google it tier:

Nigger what are you doing tier:
>>
>>17888790
Could you please re-phrase the question?
The one directly in front of your lane. In the rare event that there are two different lights for your lane, the one for right turns (assuming you're britbong) is going to be clearly marked as such.
Comes with practice. When you first drive you feel like your car is gigantic but as you put in miles you get a better sense of its size, and it feels smaller and smaller. You'll get it with time.
Assuming britbong, it's the moving car first, followed by the stationary car to the right of you. If the stationary car is directly across from you, it is whomever first came to a complete stop. Easiest way to think is, whoever is stopped to the right of you gets to go first.
Cars have this neat feature called a speedometer. Try looking at it sometime!
Common sense prevails. What you think it means is probably what it means. Biggest one to watch out for is wrong way. Don't go the wrong way.

TBQH driving isn't easy but you are going to need to do it if you don't want to be a NEET or a busriding virgin. Start with the streets in front of your house and as you gain confidence venture further and further. Even if you just go to the supermarket every day or 2 for the next 3 months, it'll come naturally. If you cock up real bad just stay put until the hazard has stopped or everyone comes to a complete stop. If someone yells at you just politely say "sorry mate I'm still learning". They'll understand. Everyone was a shitty newb driver at some point.
>>
can someone buy me a 1992 geo tracker?
>>
>>17888790
How can you fucking drive without knowing any of that? In which stupid ass niggerfilled3rdworldcountry you live in?

You are probably too stupid and dangerous to be on the road so please avoid it.
>>
>>17888863
>If someone yells at you just politely say "sorry mate I'm still learning". They'll understand. Everyone was a shitty newb driver at some point.

Story time:
>Learning to drive manual with friend's Chevy Cruze
>Stall a bunch at first
>Start getting it (exhilarating)
>Get through neighborhoods okay
>Start driving outside neighborhoods
>Stop sign at hill
>Stall
>Stall again
>SUV pulls up behind me
>S-s-s-stall
>Biggie Stallz
>Feel flustered as fuck
>Wave car on
>SUV pulls up beside me
>"Are you having car issues"
>"No, i'm learning how to drive manual"
>Dude smiles, yells "You can do it!" while driving off

Unless they're dicks, people remember what it was like to be new
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.