[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how bad is the rice tax on these, actually? SI specifically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

how bad is the rice tax on these, actually?

SI specifically, but also civics in general.
>>
>>17885818
This thing has the rice death penalty
>>
>>17885818
The EP3 hatch comes with a K20a3 engine that does not have real [3-lobe] vtec, it has some pussy 2-lobe 2300RPM eco-vtec shit then it advances the timing at 4700. It's decent though, and I doubt those are rice-taxed very heavily.
>>
>>17885818
from what I've seen, the EP3 rice tax stateside is 1-3k on top of a normal ES1 or EM2. So it isn't as bad as it could be, but it could also be better.
>>
File: 1504361895199.jpg (7KB, 253x255px) Image search: [Google]
1504361895199.jpg
7KB, 253x255px
>>17886404
>>
File: 1432460531890.jpg (224KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1432460531890.jpg
224KB, 1024x682px
>>17886429
He's right. The engine in the EP3 Si fails to live up to Honda's reputation. The K20A3 indeed does no have proper Vtec. It has i-vtec, which is Honda's name for conventional VVT that everyone has.
There is a version, the K20A2, which has proper vtec + ivtec and bolts right in. You'll find that engine in the 2002-2004 Acura RSX Type S. If you're gonna swap in the S2 version though, you may as well swap in the RSX Type S's 6 speed transmission too.
And if you're going through all that trouble, a Civic is a Civic. Why pay more for the hatchback you'll modify when you can do the same to a Coupe or sedan (with slightly more work) and end up with the same result, but a stiffer chassis. The sedan has the stiffest chassis while the coupe is inbetween the hatchback and the sedan.
>>
>>17885818
Where I live(yuropooria), these aint rice taxed at all. Also godtier minivan looks. The last good CTR imo.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.