[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im not sure if buying a d150 is a good idea, got a 4 speed and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 800px-1983_D150_with_SLANT6.jpg (124KB, 800x561px) Image search: [Google]
800px-1983_D150_with_SLANT6.jpg
124KB, 800x561px
Im not sure if buying a d150 is a good idea, got a 4 speed and a slant 6, what so you guys think?
>>
>>17884702
I got a 84 w150 with the slant six

It won't get you there fast, but it will get you there every time. The slant six is bullet proof but it is a bit under powered in the Rams
>>
>>17884759
To answer your question it's a great idea so long as the electrical system is in good shape and it's not too rusty

It might not be the best vehicle you own but it will be one of the most memorable

Nothing like driving a stick shift square body
>>
>>17884759
>>17884791
Thanks, my mom said it's dumb and that I should go for an 07 auto focus with 170000km but I have a feeling I won't feel like I'm getting castrated if I own this truck compared to a focus
>>
>>17884836
>I won't feel like I'm getting castrated

wait till you actually have to accelerate

a friend had a W150 with a 318 and it was slow af

can only imagine how awful the mileage and acceleration is going to be
>>
>>17884845
I plan on turboing it when possible and I have a feeling it will be faster than my current 93 volvo 850 which is slowly trying to commit sudoku
>>
>>17884859
>93 volvo 850

unless its running on 2 cylinders it will be slower even the 318 took until the teens to hit 60

dont waste time on the slant 6 and do a 360 swap
>>
>>17884859
>turboing a slant 6
>my mom wanted me to get a focus
just keep fixing the volvo faggot.
>>
>>17884845
I get around 15mpgs in mine but I also have 4:11 gears, a d150 would most likely have 3:55s which would help with mpgs and highway driving

I won't lie you won't win any races but so as long as you're not doing a lot of highway driving it's plenty enough for a dd. And having driven a Volvo 850 I can confirm a slant six ram is faster
>>
File: 579956917.jpg (64KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
579956917.jpg
64KB, 400x410px
>>17884899
>>
>>17884922
underage b&. she's partially right. you need to get a reliable, fuel efficient econobox or fix your current car. you have plenty of time to not be castrated when you have plenty money. And you don't have the skills to turbo anything.
>>
>>17884946
I hate the fact that being a young adult on this board is fairly noticeable
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.