[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 2010 Hyundai Accent has rough acceleration when the A/C is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0446.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0446.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
My 2010 Hyundai Accent has rough acceleration when the A/C is on. Is this normal for a 113hp shitbox?
>>
>>17884620
Rough acceleration as in it sucks or is it actually shaking and being rough?

Because something like accent has to struggle to run the A/C and accelerate at the same time.
>>
>>17884638
It just sucks and is pretty noticeable. Engine idles great and is quiet. Runs better with the A/C off. The problem is, i have to accelerate very slowly with the AC blowing unless I want the engine to hiccup from 1-2 gear.
>>
File: IMG_0451.png (104KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0451.png
104KB, 640x1136px
This thing doesn't even have 113 hp
>>
File: 1171055192906.gif (126KB, 600x263px) Image search: [Google]
1171055192906.gif
126KB, 600x263px
>>17884651
You can try like I used to do
>time to accelerate
ENGINEERING DIVERT POWER LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS TO THE ENGINES!

and then hit the A/C button to turn it off
>>
>>17884728
Did the same in my civic. Was like manually switching on vtak
>>
>>17884736
Ok so rough acceleration in slow small shitboxes is normal?

First time owning a slow car so I don't know
>>
>>17884743
Even the idle kick-up in a shitbox when it's time to turn the compressor on is noticeable. Any time low RPM when your shitbox is running the A/C is taking like half of the available 10 torks away.

Compare and contrast to how your fridge sounds like crap when it kicks on.
>>
>>17884620
my 1.6 miata feels like the brakes are being slammed when the air turns on. I'd say it's normal. Most car's ecus are programmed to turn the a/c compressor off at full throttle
>>
>>17884743
another anon with an accent, life tip here
if you want to go anywhere with any kind of urgency, don't let it drop under 2k rpm. You won't start scooting til 3k at the earliest, these engines are made to rev. It'll make a lot of noise and not do much, welcome to the world of emissions.
>>
>>17884764
>tfw drive by wire car
>tfw no longer have to incline the throttle just right when the AC kicks on
>it's not even powerful

fuk modern cars >;(
>>
>>17884620
I doubt it, my 126hp Protégé5 doesn't do that.

Maybe the AC compressor is on its way out idk
>>
>>17884620
hp are essentially meaningless, what's the torque figure? My engine has 90 hp but fuck tons (200 Nm) of torque at 1k RPM, it can accelerate with AC and 500 kg of junk in the trunk lol
>>
>>17884728
That's my approach with 120HP cars and A/C. OP only has his full 113HP when the korean engine is revving at max power. As a 2010, that was from the era when Hyundai still had that korean philosophy of giving the absolute minimum for your money. It's a philosophy good for their ruthless Chaebol approach towards business and consumers. At least it's not a chinese car where ruthlessness doesn't even mean you get full value for the money as those cars cut corners after the reviewers have finished reviewing the non-cut-corner cars from the head of the production run.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.