[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a 1985 Mercedes Benz 190 D. Have any of you anons owned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 001.jpg (41KB, 499x373px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
41KB, 499x373px
I bought a 1985 Mercedes Benz 190 D. Have any of you anons owned this car before, or do any of you have any information on this car?
>>
>>17880496
Remember 10mm-13-15-18 sockets and everything should be fine. Most bolts with a flathead insert can also be tightened with a torque wrench. Bolts with Allen Key holes should not be removed as they hold important roles such as being part of the air cleaner mount. Check muffler rubber rings and holds. If you see wires touching the engine cover then ziptie them away from contacting the block. Brake pads are ceramic on a metal disk, check disk for wear thickness for it to be replaced. No wire cables should be cut around disks. Put jack stands on rubber pads underneath the frame and nowhere else. Small holes near the wheels is where you put the emergency jack when you have a flat. Spare tire is under trunk in the interior. There are drainage plugs in the trunk. Normal diesel engine temperature is 60°C normal and 80°C while under load or hot weather.

Loosen tire bolts from bottom to top, then top to bottom when changing tires. The gas cap tells the recommended wheel PSI. The companion key is only for locking/unlocking glovebox and trunk and will not start the car. Truck is locked while locked. Driver side unlocks and locks all doors and trunk. Wires and pneumatic vacuum tubes will be a future project if the car door keyholes don't twist ajar for key to not be able to enter. Key has to be in the ignition for the wheel to unlock. Wheel will automatically lock itself if there are no keys inserted in the starter. You have to twist both the key and the wheel at once to unlock wheel.
>>
>anon buys an old shitheap and asks AFTERWARDS - the thread #23587322394835732

FUCK

OFF
>>
>>17881603
It's a great car so far, payed 3800, for it. Runs like a dream. I just wanted to see if anyone else ever owned it/ knew anything about it.
>>
>>17880496
Nice purchase anon, classy classic daily.
>>
>>17880496
>85 190D
If it's anything like my 82 240D, you're in for lots and lots of slow, anon. Nobody will tailgate you due to diesel stink though, so it's not bad at all.
Pretty much everything >>17881318 says is spot on, the only thing I'd add to the pile is making sure to do your yearly brake fluid flushes. I'm not sure how similar that chassis is to the w123, so the other stuff I do probably doesn't apply too much. Oh, and assuming that that picture is yours, lubricate your sunroof. Will save you plenty in the future.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.