[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/'s thoughts on the new sierra? http://www.autotrade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

/o/'s thoughts on the new sierra?

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/GMC/Sierra+1500/St+Catharines/Ontario/5_31399713_20080621144633703/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=20_15_296
>>
yup
it's a pickup
>>
I'll admit, the appearance looks bad ass. Basic trim and that goes good together imo.
>>
my thoughts? another oversized pickup that will capitalize on the manufactured image of 'manliness' that america has created.

i'll just sit around in my civic laughing at these guys when it takes them 20 minutes to parallel park
>>
>>17880222
10/10

>>17880240
a damn good looking one

>>17880246
No offense but if you ricers bothered to test drive them you'll know they come with a backup camera which makes it easy even for a scrub like me to do it.
>>
>>17880222

My boss has a new sierra. I like it but the transmission changes gears very harshly for such a new vehicle. The new Rams are the kings of NVH right now, very smooth.
>>
>>17880222
I don't get current pick-up design. Ford, chevy, even dodge are all like this. They have a flat hood and an air dam that does down to the pavement, practically. Obviously its a truck, but it seems so much more forced than it did previously.
could it be? >muh pedestrian safety
>>
>>17880264
RAM needs to work on dependability and quality of their in-house engines before they can seriously compete with Ford or Chevy. The 5.7 is an aging platform that needs to be either replaced or significantly updated.
>>
>>17880262

>ricer

it's an unmodified 2012 civic sedan with an automatic. DD gold. and it doesn't matter if it has a backup camera. i pay more attention to the clean bed, the spotless body, and the street tires while he just can't make that damn truck fit in the wide-open parking space. i get it, i used to want a pick-up. that is until i realized i have absolutely no practical use for one that hooking a trailer up to an SUV/wagon could also do. it's not like i'm towing bales of hay through muddy fields, but i guess all these guys with these $80k 4x4 leather-lined crew cab highway locomotives have to do just that on a daily basis.
>>
>>17880271
Fuel economy.
>>
>>17880222
>blacked out
>4 doors
>buying new
kys
>>
>>17880342

while I can agree if someone cant drive a large truck they shouldn't, you're way over doing it.

and besides any SUV that is rated high enough to tow something like a car is going to be as big as a truck anyways.

Also ive seen laramie trim rams at the dealer ship for 35k after incentives
>>
>>17880379

there's a difference between a towing rating and actually using that towing rating (or even half of it). a lot of crossovers can tow a speedboat or 4-wheeler. and towing isn't what a pick-up is really for, it's for hauling around things that would otherwise ruin the interior of a vehicle....but how many people do that on a day-to-day basis?
>>
File: IMG_20150105_173116770_HDR.jpg (3MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150105_173116770_HDR.jpg
3MB, 5248x2952px
>>17880349
I feel like the 5 ft tall grille can't be good for aerodynamics. And to me, it seems like the plastic air dam would hinder off-road capabilities.
But really, I just think it looks like shit.
>>
>>17880388
if you're going to tow and a truck isnt really for that then what the fuck do you get then? and do you know how nice it is really to have anything dirty you can just throw in the bed and not have to worry about the interior? thats a nice thing to have when you have a daily too.
>>
>>17880400

the air dam is to prevent air from getting under the truck, which helps aerodynamics

and the huge grille is in front of a huge radiator, to keep that big motor cool when it hauls 10,000 pounds

but really, you just think it looks like shit
>>
>>17880414
If it doesn't have a 6.2 it's a cuckmobile.
>>
>>17880431

why don't you take some time away from the internet until you can come up with a better insult than 'cuck'.
>>
File: 1453024263318.png (34KB, 932x550px) Image search: [Google]
1453024263318.png
34KB, 932x550px
>>17880414
oh yeah, I do agree that the air dam part helps reduce air that goes underneath the truck and so that's good for aerodynamics. I remember seeing a brand new truck like in 2011 where the air dam reached far below the rockers and it clearly would have been a hinderance for off-roading. In OPs pic it didn't stick so obviously past everything else, I guess. It's all a give and take for practicality and utility of course.
But for the huge grille comment, I meant that the hood doesn't have any slope at all, not even at the front. They had big motors in older cars and trucks, and didn't need nearly as tall of a grille to fit in an adequate radiator.
I'm not convinced that it is necessary, I think it's a design choice (that I personally disagree with). Maybe it has to do with tying in the structural support into the design of the car? Like in the late 80s and early 90s when there was stricter crash regulation the bumpers and shit would stick way out. But you can see similar design cues even from the new gen camaro, with its tall hood
>>
File: IMG_20130728_094403_483.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130728_094403_483.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>17880388
Sure wagons and crossovers can tow lighter loads. But if you want to tow heavier than a small boat, but not as heavy as a horse trailer or enormous 5th wheel camper, then a 1/2 ton fits the bill. And hauling around random bullshit does serve a purpose for some people. Having the bed is extremely useful, ie: washer and dryer, mattresses, couches, any other furniture, motorcycles, etc. I think you are saying that most truck owners don't use them to their full extent (daily), but for some people it isn't practical to own two vehicles.
>>
>>17880222
If it has 4 doors and leather seats it's not a real truck you faggot
>>
>>17880552
>not as heavy as a horse trailer or 5th wheel camper

Modern half tons (with the correct packages) will tow gooseneck horse trailer and 5th wheels no problem. Maybe not HUGE 5th wheel campers or 8-load horse trailers, but modern half ton capabilities are comparable to 2000-2006 model year 3/4 ton trucks.
>>
>>17880552

>if you want to tow

yeah the key word there is want rather than need. a lot of the owners want to tow something heavier but they go through several years of ownership and finally realize that they only bought the truck for a higher seating position and e-peen rights
>>
>>17880222

The only people buying new trucks are construction companies that buy base models, boomers that want a status symbol and couples that wait until they were 35 to have kids and as a result, they're autistic.
>>
>>17880558
>t. poorfag
>>
>>17880222
dogshit
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.