[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>city replaces all way stop with roundabout >90% of traffic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3308.png (3MB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3308.png
3MB, 2001x1125px
>city replaces all way stop with roundabout
>90% of traffic only goes North and South, the only reason they didn't just remove the North-South stop signs is because it's near a college and they don't want kids ripping through it
>buildings on three corners and a parking lot on the last
>roundabout takes up more space than before so you pull up much farther back
>view is obstructed to the point where you can't see anyone beyond the buildings or parked cars until you're already in the roundabout
>like 8 accidents happen a week because you simply have to drive through totally blind and everyone tries to take it at 30mph anyway
>city refuses to acknowledge their mistake insisting roundabouts are the way of the future
>there begins the arduous process of advocating for them to do the one fucking thing they should've done in the first place cause it's the only direct route on my commute and I don't want to play Russian roulette twice a day

Any other painfully obvious retarded/counter intuitive road design fuckups your city's had that causes a shitton of accidents?

>hard mode: no road dieting or photo enforcement
>>
>>17879883
They didn't put in a two-lane roundabout so that the N/S traffic can zip through 90% of the time?

There was a one-lane roundabout not far from me that was causing backups and the town finally upgraded to a two-lane for the main direction of travel and now it's great.
>>
No accidents but my home street was reduced to one lane going either way.
>Sometimes, one way has a dedicated left turn lane, but not the other.
>There is no dedicated right turn lane, turners yielding pedestrians hold traffic
>sequence is; lane - parking - bike lane - sidewalk
>to expand, not all areas have left turning lanes, not all areas have parking, some parts alternate
basically my home street has multiplied the amount of traffic we see and provides slalom course or else you will slam into parked car or incoming traffic
>>
>One intersection with perfect visability, dedicated turning lanes and perfect tarmac @ 80kph.

several accidents every year

>other intersection on the top of a hill, blind corner, shoddy tarmac @ 100kph.

no accidents in years.

it just doesn't make sense
>>
>>17879883
washington state seems to have a hardon for roundafucks lately. i've been stuck behind morons who won't enter until the ENTIRE fucking thing is clear of other vehicles
>>
>>17879897
It was in a old part of town where they didn't want to demolish the buildings around it. There's no room for expansion so they just stretched the roundabout out as much as possible which ironically made the buildings and cars block more of your view
>>
>>17879883
Why didn't they just put in a traffic actuated light? What city is this?
>>
>it's an Americans are too dumb to use roundabouts episode
Wew.
>>
An on ramp to the highway in my city is a steep incline just after a bridge and the lane ends after literally ten feet. You cant see shit until you're already on the highway and have to merge instantly with no lane to get up to speed.
>>
>>17879918
Risk homeostasis theory, aka people becoming retarded when there's no feeling of perceived danger
>>
>>17879883
Sounds like Columbia mo
>>
File: 2017-09-15 09.33.49.jpg (1MB, 1318x1884px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-15 09.33.49.jpg
1MB, 1318x1884px
This happened this week. MAYBE this will work out better once people realize what's happened but for the past two days there's been backups as people try to merge right and sideswipe the front end of you car.
>>
>>17881495
I hate this so fucking much
>>
>>17879883
>city
Found the problem.
>>
>>17879883
yeh norwich!

close a load of roads in the center and pedestrianized em now traffic is all bottled up

a 15 min journey is now an hour due to this fuck up and to make matters worst all roads going north out of Norwich is closed due to the work for the NDR or as we like to call it the road to fucking no where its got no link with the A47 what a fucking joke
>>
>>17879914
Just do what everyone else does and blow down the dedicated bike lane.
>>
File: Alan-Partridge1.jpg (30KB, 528x481px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Partridge1.jpg
30KB, 528x481px
>>17883370
>>
>>17883370
>German complaining about German road design

What timeline are we in?
>>
>>17883680
>Norwich
>German
>>
>>17883680
>>17883704
>American education
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.