[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho ws/frankfurt-auto-show/a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/frankfurt-auto-show/a12237610/you-can-thank-america-for-the-continued-existence-of-stick-shift-porsches/

>Americans can't drive manual
You're welcome yurop
>>
>>17879708
"The executive says around 20 to 25 percent of 911 Carrera 2 models are ordered with a stick-shift, with an even higher proportion of 718 Boxster and Cayman buyers opting for the three-pedal arrangement."

Honda stated that 10% of their sales are manual cars (most were opt-in purchases, as in the buyer specifically wanted a manual) for a mass manufacturer like Honda, 10% is a fuckton of money. Enough that they now offer manual options for almost every car they sell.

Porsche's were always about the driving experience and feel. Took them a few tries just to get electric power steering right. During that time the owner base had a fucking shit fit. I could only imagine how angry they would be if they stopped offering some kind of manual car.
>>
>>17879844
I was one of the auties that insisted my first car, a new 08 civic lx, was manual. you're welcome /o/. I learned to drive on a manual corolla and at the time manuals were still cheaper and better mileage-wise than the same vehicle in automatic.
>>
>GT350 is manual only
>Viper is manual only
>Camaro 1LE is manual only
>Corvette has manual option
Americans choose to drive stick, they aren't forced to out of poverty
>>
File: 1502635483803.png (712KB, 515x799px) Image search: [Google]
1502635483803.png
712KB, 515x799px
>>17879944
>they aren't forced out of poverty
they are though, has an american manufacturer ever developed a proper DCT trans?

the cuckvette has a fucking torque converter
>>
Does anyone else feel like the rise of

>laptime autism
>automatic/dct only
>turbos everywhere, no N/A engines

is the fault of europeans?
>>
>>17879957
>DCT trans
welcome
>>
>>17879979
yeah their shitty 1 litre turbo diesels fucked it up for everyone
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.