[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the Hyundai Veloster Turbo, I was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 104758_2013_Hyundai_Veloster.jpg (502KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
104758_2013_Hyundai_Veloster.jpg
502KB, 1024x640px
What do you guys think of the Hyundai Veloster Turbo, I was thinking about buying a used one with around 100km. any advice? is it reliable?
>>
>>17878588
It's a Hyundai, so I'm certain it's reliable
>>
>>17878588
Buddy has an N/A velocter. The DCT and brakes share a master cylinder. When his shifts started going bad, so did his brakes. Then he got in an accident in stop-and-go traffic when his brakes gave out.

Fiesta ST is a similar price but better reliability and craftsmanship, you just have to shift it yourself.
>>
It's surprisingly dull to drive.
>>
>>17878588
Get the FiST if you must have a hatch
>>
>>17878730
i'll FiST your hatch
>>
>>17878665
>fiesta
>better reliability
Did you know the DCT is subject to not 1 but 2 class action lawsuits?

I'm not the biggest fan of Hyundai, but you picked an exceedingly poor point of attack to take.
>>
>>17878588
It's shit. Just get a civic for 3k.
>>
File: IMG_1390.jpg (76KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1390.jpg
76KB, 540x720px
>>17878791
Did you read my post at all? Fiesta ST. Fiesta ST. Fiesta ST.

If you still think your Kangaroo Ford argument is still relevant, you need to do more research.
>>
>>17878588
As an NA owner the veloster has pros and cons but here's the question you have to ask.
Do you want a fun commuter or a fun car that can be a commuter.
You'd be better off with a st or a gti if you want a fun car that you an dayily and a veloster if you want a comfortable but heavy and slowish dayily car you can have fun with.
Some pros:
Great tech package
Comfortable but hugging seats
A Rev happy engine and a turbo that makes a fair amount of boost with room for tuning
Really good gas millage
Lots of safe understeer

Cons:
Heavy
It has a hard time creeping
Numb steering (can be made better with a tune)
H E A V Y
Not very fast
has Rev hang sometimes
Lots of safe understeer

I would highly suggest going to a hyundai dealership and test driving one if your serious about getting a turbo, see for yourself.
>>
>>17878588
I actually owned a veloster turbo. Had zero problems over the 20K miles I had it. I had the MBRP exhaust and 845 motorsports 3.5" intake. It made great power and kept up with GTIs. Lots of fun turbo noises.

But it was still a hyundai and the interior wasn't the highest quality. Same with the paint. Scratched very easily. Also, the rear torsion beam makes it feel like poo over bumps on the highway and it literally feels like you're driving an elantra (based on the older elantra chassis).

Do not buy one with mileage that high. Search "veloster turbo LSPI" and you'll find out why.
>>
>>17878588

The forte turbo is the same car but faster with 4 doors.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.