[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Im planning to replace stereo with tablet and since I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: Delphi_Car_SMALL_3.jpg (60KB, 314x197px) Image search: [Google]
Delphi_Car_SMALL_3.jpg
60KB, 314x197px
So Im planning to replace stereo with tablet and since I have CAN I can also start logging codes directly. Since Im planning to install few high-techy gadgets so we will have fun times with friends I'm a little worried about power management. I have pretty powerfull sub and audio system already, when I start pushing close windows button on already closed windows I can see interior lights dim a little. It got me thinking that alternator has its limits and now Im not sure if it will be able to provide for more power drainers and even if it would, It sure has some limitations I can accidentally reach later.

Can someone give me some tips or a quick rundown on power consumption and what is the best thing to do if Im going to add more elestuff to the car?
>>
>>17875841
Try a higher CCA battery. Cop cars have bigger batteries for all their computers and lights.
>>
File: 1474379482671.jpg (152KB, 891x499px) Image search: [Google]
1474379482671.jpg
152KB, 891x499px
>>17875841
>It got me thinking that alternator has its limits
Then you should find out the model number and rating of the alternator in your car. If your owner's manual doesn't have a item specifications list at the back, then you may have to go to your dealer parts department and inquire about the specs. Or go to your NAPA or some other place to see what the equivalent replacement alternator is like. Of course, 3rd party alts will probably be different or higher as they are just equivalencing your OEM alt to one of the generic alts. At those places, the key thing is the pulley, mount location, and power connector location. So the same alternator might have different pulley configurations. When they do that, it becomes inaccurate as a measure of what your OEM alt capacity is other than a ballpark figure.

Picture: Note carefully that the smaller pulley of the two added alts required a greater wrap-around by the serpentine belt. The belt geometry needed by some alts may thus eliminate them from consideration if you don't have the space for the extra space the belt needed to develop that wrap.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.