[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm a car guy and i'll be going to college next year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1482649955602.jpg (110KB, 700x828px) Image search: [Google]
1482649955602.jpg
110KB, 700x828px
i'm a car guy and i'll be going to college next year and i'll be driving 500+ miles a week. what's a cheap(<$5k) car that's reliable, safe and fun to drive /o/? my only rule is no automatics
>>
>>17873541
3k civic, unironic
>>
The answer is always $3k Civic.
>>
>>17873541
Just get a chariot, a whip, and stable 3 or 4 good-sized niggers.
>>
>>17873541
Wouldn't it almost be cheaper to rent an apartment closer, rather than drive so much?
>>
>>17873576
on paper maybe, but being in college without a car to get around is pathetic even if you live on campus
>>
If you can stretch your budget a little more, you can get a second generation Fit.
They're Jap built (one of the last US Honda models to be imported from Japan), and were named a Car and Driver 10 best.

If you go with the Fit, do NOT get the base trim. Get the Sport trim. The inside and outside is much higher quality.
>>
>>17873541
Hondas and Toyotas are really expensive used because of their reputation for lasting forever.

Nissan and Mazda are one tier down in reliability, but you save quite a bit of money because of that. The Sentra is a mediocre car but good value. The Mazda3 is on the noisy side and pre-'08 models are prone to rust, but otherwise they're pretty good (and seemed to have a higher manual transmission take rate).

I'd also look at Altimas and Mazda6s.
>>
>>17873618
>in college without a car to get around is pathetic
Lmao, most people don't have cars in college. Unless you go to some country cuck school that's 20 minutes from the nearest city. And 500+ miles per week is an absurd number. That's more than 99% of people in the country
>>
>>17873541
Get a used Subaru Impreza WRX
>>
File: 0ba.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
0ba.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>17873541
Prelude or 3k civic
>>
>>17873574
tpbp
>>
>>17873541
>driving 500 miles a week
y tho? why not go to a local school? why not just stay on campus and go home less?

post your local craigslist.
>>
>>17876502
Wtf does this mean
>>
>>17876800
Tooth paste beats plaque.
>>
>>17873541

VW Golf 4 Variant with the 1.9TDI 90 bhp diesel engine ( Code ALH ) was built specifically for this sort of stuff.
>>
Why the fuck are you driving 500 miles a week in college
>>
>>17876800
ten pot belly pigs
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.