[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can slow econboxes be fun to drive too? I was looking for something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Shitet-Skoda-Octavia.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shitet-Skoda-Octavia.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
can slow econboxes be fun to drive too?
I was looking for something fun, reliable and fuel efficient for under 7k
been searching for months but theres always something wrong that gets in the way
maybe what im looking for doesn't exist
should I just get something that does 0-100 in 11-12 secs and get something else in a few years? can it be fun as long as its manual?
for example i found a 2010 skoda octavia 1.9 diesel with 50k km for 7k euro
it looks comfy in the inside even has camera for reverse
the vw engine is known to be good
only problem is that its "slow"
what do u think /o/?
pic related
>>
>>17873261
>can slow econboxes be fun to drive too?
Yes. But most of the modern shitboxes I've driven are awful snorefests, so you'll have to go try them out.

My first car was an early 80s Mazda 323 with 1.5L. Top speed 80MPH until I added enough stickers to get it to hold 85MPH. But it was it made a rough road at 30MPH feel like a roller coaster, and highway speeds felt like you might die. No power steering - best steering feel I've ever felt. Had to drive it like racecar 90% of the time to keep up with traffic.
>>
>>17873302
only thing I drove is an old w123 2 years ago learnt manual with it hope its better than that
>>
>>17873261
Slow car fast is more fun than fast car slow. With a weak car, you can floor it and shift at redline and not break the speed limit. Most any car is fun to drive in the twisties.
>>
>>17873323
Yeah I don't know what it is exactly that gives a car "that feel." My friend's civic from the same era was more powerful, but boring and detached. My parents have a Toyota RAV4 should be boring, but is actually surprisingly nimble and rewarding.

I bought an FRS recently and fantastic as it is when pushed, "that feeling" is absent when just tooling around town.
>>
Anything VW related is a soulless piece of garbage (Parents had a Skoda for over a decade, I am not parroting memes here).
Car seems to be too big to be nimble enough to be properly fun.
But fun is a subjective thing, so you might love it. Also car choice in Albania is scarce and you might be better off with a w124 Merc Coupe and pocketing the rest.
>>
>>17873410
op here ive been inside a golf 5 with the same engine and it seemed fine
maybe the size will be a problem idk
>>
>>17873261
I'm from certain eastern part of Euroland. went recently to a track with an old car meeting. We had the opportunity to drive whatever we had. Some guys took BMWs E30, W124s with 3,0 gasoline engine, Porsches 944, etc. Somebody took 1970s Fleetwood.

The most fun anyone had were 2 guys:

one had a barnfind Peugeot 309 1.6 he bought for about 200 USD, put wider rims with beefy semi-slicks, some sports suspensions and also reduced weight by throwing out interior stuff

the second dude had an old Skoda 105 with 1.3 engine on the rear axle, and some suspension modifications. The guy was skilled, and that along with the car allowed him to keep up with a lot faster and newer cars
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.