[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everybody. So I had to drill out the rotor screws while replacing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey everybody. So I had to drill out the rotor screws while replacing the old one because they were frozen and an impact driver didn't work. So I got the rotor and the screw head off but the body is still locked inside the screws. Now I know these things aren't needed, a lot of the reason they're there is because of the manufacturing. Since I don't need these little fucks could I just leave the bodies in and shave the edges down so it's just flat and the rotor can fit right on?
>>
>>17870790
Technically, yes you could just make them flush and forget about it.
I would at least try to get them out first. If all else fails you could also drill and re-tap it.
Drilling and re-tapping would be super easy because of the location

And even if you fuck up and it doesn't work it's not problematic
>>
>>17870798
Thank you I really appreciate the help, Ima give that a shot
>>
>>17870799
You could take this opportunity to replace the hub/wheel bearing and save yourself the hassle later on. Judging by the corrosion your car looks pretty old and worn and wheel bearings are something that do go bad
>>
>>17870820

Good call I'll probably do that while I'm at it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.