[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought this 1993 Nissan Sentra SE for 400 bucks off of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 0910171108.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0910171108.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I just bought this 1993 Nissan Sentra SE for 400 bucks off of an old guy who was good at routine maintenance but bad at taking care of anything else. I am absolutely in love with the car, and I want to fix it up some. I just have a few questions.
Where should I start?
Is it supposed to sound like a fart machine?
Where can I get new tires for a good price?
Why is it so difficult to get into 1st sometimes?
>>
>>17870599
>buying shitty cars
y tho. should've bought a mint one poorfag.
>>
>>17870599
>Why is it so difficult to get into 1st sometimes?
Maybe you need a new clutch?
>>
Have you checked your tranny fluid? I'm not an expert but maybe that's why you have difficulty shifting into first. I'd start with cleaning it the best I can, inside and out.
>>
>>17870616
I'll check it out after work. I'm getting the day off tomorrow so I'm probably gonna drive it out to my friend's garage and look around under it. I'm definitely going to replace the clutch cable.
>>
in another thread another anon had the same issue. he was recommended to change ALL the fluids- tranny, oil change, wiper fluid change, power steering if there's any, brake fluid, change the fuckin parking brake fluid(joke). change all the fluids, if it was a mantinencr/project car it likely sat around and shit could have contaminated the smaller fluids like brake and power steering, but you just need to replace the oil and tranny fluid cause the car is old and you don't know the last time he did.

t. watch a lot of car videos on youtube
>>
>>17870656
or you could've not been a faggot and bought a car that needed nothing.
>>
>>17870672
not everybody sucks dick for money anon. also people want project cars for a reason sometimes
>>
Buy a long tube header for it. It made a noticeable increase in performance on mine
>>
>>17870679
a shitty sentra is not a good project car and not fun to work on. you'll put hours and money into it and it'll still be a $500 shitbox. I guess your time is worthless.
>>
File: IMG_0966.jpg (81KB, 1242x775px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0966.jpg
81KB, 1242x775px
>>17870692
>not engine swapping
>not putting a dummy fat turbo in it
>not cleaning it
>not taking it to the drag strip
>not getting a cold air intake
>not fixing the interior
>not getting a paint job
>not getting dank rims
>not getting an exhaust
>not replacing old engine parts to learn wrenching
>not feeding her milk everyday and watching her grow up as the years pass
>not having a dream

how do you live anon
>>
>>17870692
>things people said about cars that ended up being collectibles

he wants to learn, stop being a faggot and maybe you should learn a few things yourself without getting into autistic aspie hissy fits
>>
>>17870714
>not saving your money to buy a better, nicer car thats worth sinking your time and money into

>>17870716
a sentra will never be collectible
>>
>>17870692
Except I'm not doing it for resale. I am doing it because
>I love the car
>his name is burt
>I'm not going to fix him up for resale value
>I love how it feels to drive
>I want to learn how to work on cars and I wouldn't want to start out with something expensive
>burt deserves it

Stop being a faggot.

>>17870730
B13 SE-Rs already have a small but loyal cult following. It was a very fast subcompact for the early 90's, setting speed records, and is praised for its great handling.
>>
>>17870740
>i want to learn how to work on cars
>wouldn't want to start out with something expensive

yes OP is genius. why wrench a $5000 car as a beginner if you might fuck up? $500 is 2 weeks pay and can be a test. it's like why people get virtual machines to test programs on before downloading them to their main operating system
>>
>>17870599
>Where should I start?
Clean it, bleed lines / replace fluids, check brake pads and rotors (god help you if you have drum brakes) and if you don't have any plans for it (forced induction, upgrading/swapping engine, etc.) then replace things as they go.
>Is it supposed to sound like a fart machine?
Maybe, try replacing your exhaust header and catback exhaust (a must if you're going turbo anyway)
>Why is it so difficult to get into 1st sometimes?
Try bleeding your clutch lines and putting in new fluids. Or just replacing your clutch altogether
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.